OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ve emailed my sales guy and asked for the VIN and if he has a copy / screenshot of the tracking.

I also assume they won’t actually register the car untiL I’ve paid balance of my deposit for the finance as i don’t actually want the car until August 1st (i need my trade in to do some tip runs!). I’m also transferring a cherished plate over.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
... i don’t actually want the car until August 1st (i need my trade in to do some tip runs!)...
:D ah yes, once I heard the Taycan was on the way, we had a good clear-out to make sure the tip runs were done in the outgoing Cayenne (which to be fair is more efficient for that purpose).

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It’s annoying as i could probably do with keeping the Q4 for an extra month but i guess i may need to just hire another vehicle for a day perhaps.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
This may be the first post verging on concern that the car may be arriving too soon! 😂

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This may be the first post verging on concern that the car may be arriving too soon! 😂
I know 😂😂 - i think it’s because it all happened so quickly. I was expecting this in 2023 so I’m completely unprepared for this and had work commitments in July and August for which I needed the SUV for carrying things.

I can’t complain though as i know how lucky i am to have jumped the queue on this one!

Crags99

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
The UK now has very high-level milestone tracking in My Porsche:
1- thanks for your order
2- will soon receive invitation to Silverstone EC
3- scheduled for production
4- vehicle has been produced
5- Final steps before delivery
'My Porsche' tells me my order Taycan ST is scheduled for production. I got a call from my dealership on friday saying it will be with before the end of this month.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
What is disconcerting (at least for me) is that the message 'thank you for your order' comes (at least for me) around 6.5 months after the order was placed. I wonder what the trigger for the email is.

Is it the OPC delaying submission of the order to fit in with their allocations?
Or is a it that the order is not officially acknowledged by Porsche until the estimated production slot is finalised?
something else?

Seems a bit misnamed to me...

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
What is disconcerting (at least for me) is that the message 'thank you for your order' comes (at least for me) around 6.5 months after the order was placed. I wonder what the trigger for the email is.

Is it the OPC delaying submission of the order to fit in with their allocations?
Or is a it that the order is not officially acknowledged by Porsche until the estimated production slot is finalised?
something else?

Seems a bit misnamed to me...
I'd guess that tracking is initiated by the order being assigned to an allocated build slot in a central system, and prior to that (until there is a build slot to which it can be allocated), our "orders" are just bits of paper held locally and associated with deposits- from which OPCs feed basic demand stats to Porsche centrally. But that's just my guess.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I'd guess that tracking is initiated by the order being assigned to an allocated build slot in a central system, and prior to that (until there is a build slot to which it can be allocated), our "orders" are just bits of paper held locally and associated with deposits- from which OPCs feed basic demand stats to Porsche centrally. But that's just my guess.
Yes sounds logical Paul - could leave it a little open to OPC 'massage' - not that I am saying that any OPC would do that of course. Also I guess the flexibility allows the OPC to accommodate changes in customer planning too.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Oddly i had a message pop up yesterday saying my car was at stage 5 - final steps before delivery.

I decided to make the plunge and order the GTS ST so started the paperwork on it and today Myporsche is blank.

PC told me that they wont get any more this year from their allocation of just 2 so could be a 2024 delivery…

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Oddly i had a message pop up yesterday saying my car was at stage 5 - final steps before delivery.

I decided to make the plunge and order the GTS ST so started the paperwork on it and today Myporsche is blank.

PC told me that they wont get any more this year from their allocation of just 2 so could be a 2024 delivery…
Just checking I'm following that correctly...you got the message to say the 4S was at final steps before delivery, then you ordered a GTS and now My Porsche doesn't have any tracking for either vehicle?

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just checking I'm following that correctly...you got the message to say the 4S was at final steps before delivery, then you ordered a GTS and now My Porsche doesn't have any tracking for either vehicle?
Yes that’s correct - the app shows nothing. Wouldn’t necessarily expect it to show the new one until a build slot is given but strange that my first one coming next week (allegedly) is no longer on there.. Dealer has no idea why.
Sponsored