OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
initially I had a significant drop in range. Interestingly although the car claimed to be charged to 85% when I put in a destination that was just a dozen or so miles away it predicted I would have 45% battery on arrival.
Range dropped fast as soon as I started to drive.
Then a few weeks later (before Porsche could look at the issue) I got a “electrical fault - do not drive” red warning and it would not move at all. Low loader to the dealer.
in the end it required a significant number of cells in the main battery to be replaced. Off the road for 8 weeks.
Has been fine since I got it back (touch wood).
They told me they hadn’t seen a failure of this nature before, but I’m not really buying that!
Have you got similar problems?
I started on Friday with a red Drive System Control fault but turning off and back on again, or leaving for 15/20 mins resolved.

I even drove into my OPC on Saturday morning who just said they would get the workshop to call me on Monday but it was bricked by Saturday lunchtime. The same red error, but preceded by two yellow errors: Airbag system fault and Electrical system fault. And turning off then on nor leaving for a while did not resolve.

No issues with range or charge though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Update: some good news - I’m now in a delivery mileage loan 4S Sport Turismo whilst my GTS is awaiting diagnosis (logs sent for analysis). Should know more next week.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Update: some good news - I’m now in a delivery mileage loan 4S Sport Turismo whilst my GTS is awaiting diagnosis (logs sent for analysis). Should know more next week.
Well done. I do think it depends a lot by dealer and how old your car is. If it's a few weeks old and kaput, i'd be on to SA and get them to sort a replacement (I got a panamera from SA when the service department wasn't being overly helpful after a problem not long after purchase)

However, the dealers are under no obligation to provide a loan car (goodwill aside), and my local one (part of PRG) said to book via porsche assistance (if it was a safety/recovery issue) or i wouldn't get a loan or hire car and would wait a month or so to be seen. Porsche assistance jumps the service centre queue, so alway worth bearing that in mind.

Porsche assistance, as others have said, put you into a free 'premium' enterprise rental car. My experience is that's been a mid sized audi, a mini and a Mercedes S class (which was an upgrade, but far to big and swapped for something else!) My local enterprise seems to only have a small stock of premium cars, so you may get a little 'un to start.

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
The loan car is a Porsche GB vehicle provided by Porsche Assistance.

My car is a July 23 GTS so seven months old. Salary sacrifice so not supplied by my local OPC. It completed build at the end of April 23 and is one of the ones delayed at the docks in Germany from May to July last year.

WedmoreBlue

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thanks. That’s what happened initially from Enterprise as it was out of hours on a weekend. Porsche GB upgraded me to a Macan yesterday. I did see something about the fuel reclaim up to £200. Asked Porsche Assist but they claimed to have no knowledge. I’ll have to speak to Porsche GB again tomorrow.
I have heard they might be trying to avoid these payouts recently & can only assume the total costs are causing concern. It’s definitely Porsche Assist that administers the pay outs - see the extract from their handbook, as attached. I’ll look up the email address I used to request the claim form & I’ll add it as an update as soon as I find it (edit - [email protected])

Porsche Taycan Porsche Assistance loan vehicle IMG_3867

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I have heard they might be trying to avoid these payouts recently & can only assume the total costs are causing concern. It’s definitely Porsche Assist that administers the pay outs - see the extract from their handbook, as attached. I’ll look up the email address I used to request the claim form & I’ll add it as an update as soon as I find it (edit - [email protected])

IMG_3867.png
Many thanks.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
My car unfortunately died over the weekend as documented here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/drive-system-control-fault.5158/post-291439

If this takes longer than a few days which is looking likely should I be pushing for a Taycan as a loan vehicle or should I be happy with a base Macan?

Interested to hear the experience of others who may been in a similar unfortunate situation.
when I have had the car booked directly with my OPC for service /repair/updates they always provide a decent replacement a Porsche I've had Turbo S Taycan , latterly GTS Taycan , Macan Cayenne and even a Boxster vert! they have a surplus of Taycans available now to loan. When I had to use Porsche Assist it was an Enterprise rental and its down to what they have availbale and in my case the best was BMW 320i

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
In my experience, for Porsche assist, you do very well to get anything decent!

I've had a Renault Kajar, Audi A1, Jaguar shitbox, heavily crash damaged Audi A3., Seat Leon., etc.. (This list alone tells you a lot about early Taycan reliability)

Never had a premium car from them (Unless you call an Audi A1 a premium car). The Audi A1 was mine for over near 2 months despite kind requests to Porsche GB.

In my experience, you get what you are given. And they all stink as if every previous customer was a smoker. Can't say I'm a fan of Porsche assist.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
You could argue an electric! Macan could be considered “like for like” but conversely an ICE version could easily be argued as not - would be pretty easy argument to see why not.
you might also need a time machine given no dealers have the demonstrators as yet!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
you might also need a time machine given no dealers have the demonstrators as yet!
Fingers crossed, by the time mine has to go in they will have been delivered by the time machine, very probably not as loan cars though.
Sponsored