Vehicle order tracking

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi All, I am due to get my new Taycan 4S CT next month. I managed to get a cancelled order so didn’t pick the specification and all happened fast! The dealer brought up tracking which showed this on the boat from Germany - do i get to have access to the tracking or does the dealer update you ?
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi All, I am due to get my new Taycan 4S CT next month. I managed to get a cancelled order so didn’t pick the specification and all happened fast! The dealer brought up tracking which showed this on the boat from Germany - do i get to have access to the tracking or does the dealer update you ?
Not sure about tracking in the uk but it should be with your dealer in a few days.
When did you put your original deposit down, just wondering if you had moved up their list to be first in line for a build/ cancelled order? Which dealer?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
There is feature called "Track Your Dream" and has been rolled out in several countries but UK doesn't feature (yet). TYD lets you follow your car throughout the build and delivery.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not sure about tracking in the uk but it should be with your dealer in a few days.
When did you put your original deposit down, just wondering if you had moved up their list to be first in line for a build/ cancelled order? Which dealer?

Well i feel embarrassed to say it but i had one on order from April and the Dealer had a customer cancel just 5 mins before i spoke to him which he mentioned in passing. I snapped his hand off and put the deposit down before he finished his sentence!

Paid deposit on this on monday and signed forms on Friday.

On the screen it shows it on the ship and another 4 weeks away as i guess it arrives in the UK and then has inspection checks before coming to the dealer?

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
There is feature called "Track Your Dream" and has been rolled out in several countries but UK doesn't feature (yet). TYD lets you follow your car throughout the build and delivery.
The dealer seemed to have full dates - estimate and actual from the build acceptance to customer delivery.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The dealer seemed to have full dates - estimate and actual from the build acceptance to customer delivery.
He will have.

TYD would do the same and show you pictures of your actual car being assembled and painted.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Well i feel embarrassed to say it but i had one on order from April and the Dealer had a customer cancel just 5 mins before i spoke to him which he mentioned in passing. I snapped his hand off and put the deposit down before he finished his sentence!

Paid deposit on this on monday and signed forms on Friday.

On the screen it shows it on the ship and another 4 weeks away as i guess it arrives in the UK and then has inspection checks before coming to the dealer?
Hopefully quicker that 4 weeks, all depends on transport from port etc. I've known dealers go and pick up cars from the port when they are desperate to make end of quarter numbers.

What is the spec?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The UK now has very high-level milestone tracking in My Porsche:
1- thanks for your order
2- will soon receive invitation to Silverstone EC
3- scheduled for production
4- vehicle has been produced
5- Final steps before delivery

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
1- thanks for your order
That’s interesting - i don’t have any links inviting me to the Myporsche portal - i wonder if i use the email address on the order it will recognise it. I don’t know if i have a reference number on my paperwork.

What is the Silverstone EC ?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I was already using My Porsche for my previous car, I'm not sure how/when you get set up for it if it's your first.

Silverstone Experience Centre- you'll get your invite directly from them.

I should have added- I think those milestones might be maintained by the dealer, using their own more detailed tracking system, rather than being automatically maintained centrally. In my own case, I chased my SA and then the 1st 4 milestones were all created with the same date. IIRC, milestone 5 was created a few days after my vehicle landed with the dealer (and they had notified me by phone of its arrival). The big benefit for me was it shows the actual production photos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hopefully quicker that 4 weeks, all depends on transport from port etc. I've known dealers go and pick up cars from the port when they are desperate to make end of quarter numbers.

What is the spec?
It’s Taycan 4S CT in Crayon with Leather, CT 21” wheels in black, high gloss callipers, Bose, pan roof etc - about £17k of extras.

I also got it at the pre price increase which is a small saving.

I was strangely hoping i might get a delay so i could get this registered as a 72 plate instead but i think has to be collected within 14 days of arrival at the dealer. I’m told it wouldn’t really make a difference anyway..

I’ve kept the GTS order which has some spec i prefer (I wouldn’t have spent £4.5k on wheels!). My plan would be to trade in and hopefully keep the value or maybe even have an increase.

It’s my company car so i’ve done through Porsche HP at 6.9% on the balance. I do have a trade in on my 2017 Q5 but they are offering less than the Audi dealer and lower than i would expect.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s interesting - i don’t have any links inviting me to the Myporsche portal - i wonder if i use the email address on the order it will recognise it. I don’t know if i have a reference number on my paperwork.

What is the Silverstone EC ?
Have you created a My Porsche ID?

VIN number also required and when the two are matched your car should appear in My Porsche.

Dealer will have to initiate part of this process but you can create your ID now and then give it to your dealer.

OP
OP
Gnasher

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Have you created a My Porsche ID?

VIN number also required and when the two are matched your car should appear in My Porsche.

Dealer will have to initiate part of this process but you can create your ID now and then give it to your dealer.
Yes i created the Porsche account but don’t have a VIN number as yet. I’ll drop him an email so i can get it registered as he should have this information. I’ll ask if i can be registered for any updates from Porsche too..

cheers!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
1- thanks for your order
It’s a tiny bit inaccurate on the timings for phase 2….just got an update yesterday for PEC silverstone but we booked it back in March and actually did it last month 🤣

I’ll put it down to the dysfunctional state of manufacturing in general, with timings all over the place.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It’s a tiny bit inaccurate on the timings for phase 2….just got an update yesterday for PEC silverstone but we booked it back in March and actually did it last month 🤣

I’ll put it down to the dysfunctional state of manufacturing in general, with timings all over the place.
Also might be that the tracking function has only been implemented- or been activated for individual customers by their SAs- relatively recently.
Sponsored