First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My car unfortunately died over the weekend as documented here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/drive-system-control-fault.5158/post-291439

If this takes longer than a few days which is looking likely should I be pushing for a Taycan as a loan vehicle or should I be happy with a base Macan?

Interested to hear the experience of others who may been in a similar unfortunate situation.
If there is a fault with the car a replacement vehicle should be 'like for like'..
I would say a Macan is pretty good. I have had Taycans 3 times over 4 years from
my OPC and a Cayenne once (Yuk) and a Cayman GTS once.
(Manual, Noisy, bone shaking ride - Double Yuk)
Nothing needed long term

15 years ago my 911 GT3 had horrendous problems with the brakes and was off road for a month.
They provided me with a Mini at short notice, no problem I said but I want a better car.
I then got a BMW 5 series (Treble Yuk).
It was then I looked up consumer law and sent Porsche Swindon an email quoting 'like for like'
Within 48hrs I was in a 911 Carrera 4S which I kept for 2 weeks.
I think it would have been unfriendly of me to insist on a GT3!

Is a Macan 'like for like' enough for you?
Depends on how much fuss you want to make?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You could argue an electric! Macan could be considered “like for like” but conversely an ICE version could easily be argued as not - would be pretty easy argument to see why not.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/drive-system-control-fault.5158/post-291439

If this takes longer than a few days which is looking likely should I be pushing for a Taycan as a loan vehicle or should I be happy with a base Macan?

Interested to hear the experience of others who may been in a similar unfortunate situation.
I do not know how it is in the UK, but in France it seems it is more up to the dealer. Porsche Assistance have offered me Ford Focus as a replacement car, which I declined. And my last update and revision at the dealer provided me with an Audi A1! With a completely burnt out clutch!

I have not been impressed by Porsche dealer here

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
You could argue an electric! Macan could be considered “like for like” but conversely an ICE version could easily be argued as not - would be pretty easy argument to see why not.
This will be my main issue if this does take more than a few days.

Thanks to those who have responded.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag

I seem to always get a base Macan..as much as I have liked the Macan, it makes me realize that I like the Taycan much much more!

Zakirp

First Name
Zakir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have had a couple of replacements over the last 6 months in the UK, I have noticed if you go down the breakdown assistance route, the hire is usually passed onto Enterprise Car Hire and the best you will get on a good day is a BMW 5 series nothing better than that, if the car is arranged by the Porsche dealership your more likely to get something decent usually one of the courtesy / loan vehicles, in my instance as my broke down with the first 24 hours, the sales lad, gave me a demo vehicle which was a Taycan GTS which was absolutely fully loaded with approx 30 miles on the clock almost brand new, I had a further issue a few weeks on and again the car was provided by the sales team not the service team, on the third occasion when it went for a recall got a standard 4S from the service team.
I guess it also depends on what the dealer has available. In my opinion always better the dealership provide the vehicle as Enterprise vehicles are crap in my past experience.

WedmoreBlue

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag

Go through Porsche Assist (which is the AA) & they will organise Enterprise to get a hire car to you within 24 hours & will arrange collection & delivery of the Taycan to your local OPC.
Choice is limited to what the local Enterprise Depot have available & it’s unlikely to be an EV - do ask for a claim form to reclaim up to £200 of fuel against receipts.

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
Go through Porsche Assist (which is the AA) & they will organise Enterprise to get a hire car to you within 24 hours & will arrange collection & delivery of the Taycan to your local OPC.
Choice is limited to what the local Enterprise Depot have available & it’s unlikely to be an EV - do ask for a claim form to reclaim up to £200 of fuel against receipts.
If the service doesn't take too long, Porsche Assist might also offer to reimburse some taxi fees. I was flying 3 days after they towed mine for a heater issue. I didn't take the loaner but got ~200 euros of taxi reimbursed.

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Thanks. That’s what happened initially from Enterprise as it was out of hours on a weekend. Porsche GB upgraded me to a Macan yesterday. I did see something about the fuel reclaim up to £200. Asked Porsche Assist but they claimed to have no knowledge. I’ll have to speak to Porsche GB again tomorrow.

PartTimer

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag

My CT4S was off the road for 8 weeks with a failure of the main battery. I was given a Diesel Audi A5 through Enterprise in UK. Not exactly like for like!! I couldn’t be bothered to argue the toss although probably should have.

OP
OP

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
My CT4S was off the road for 8 weeks with a failure of the main battery. I was given a Diesel Audi A5 through Enterprise in UK. Not exactly like for like!! I couldn’t be bothered to argue the toss although probably should have.
What errors were you seeing when it failed?

PartTimer

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
What errors were you seeing when it failed?
initially I had a significant drop in range. Interestingly although the car claimed to be charged to 85% when I put in a destination that was just a dozen or so miles away it predicted I would have 45% battery on arrival.
Range dropped fast as soon as I started to drive.
Then a few weeks later (before Porsche could look at the issue) I got a “electrical fault - do not drive” red warning and it would not move at all. Low loader to the dealer.
in the end it required a significant number of cells in the main battery to be replaced. Off the road for 8 weeks.
Has been fine since I got it back (touch wood).
They told me they hadn’t seen a failure of this nature before, but I’m not really buying that!
Have you got similar problems?

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Had a Macan as a service loaner. Dealer made me return it with same level of petrol in it, like a hire car. Couldnt believe how much petrol these ICE cars guzzle!
Sponsored