sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Just picked it up. It needs to be cleaned, but no wash until I take it back for the one week evaluation to make sure everything set correctly. XPEL Stealth.

I forgot I had the lift on for the driveway, so ignore the stance..lol.
20220428_185136.jpg
20220428_185223.jpg
20220428_185152.jpg
20220428_185237.jpg
Looks amazing!

TV518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mercedes Benz EQS
Country flag
yes.

this is the product: https://www.stek-usa.com/dynogray

Not to be confused with wrap, this is 10yr warranty PPF material.

Did the dynogray PPF affect parking sensor?
On our Benz EQS, we had to cut out holds for the Stek Clear PPF because it affected the function of the parking sensor.
I worry that if we need cut out for the parking sensor, the original color will be exposed and making the dynogray wrap application looks bad with the contrasting color.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did the dynogray PPF affect parking sensor?
On our Benz EQS, we had to cut out holds for the Stek Clear PPF because it affected the function of the parking sensor.
I worry that if we need cut out for the parking sensor, the original color will be exposed and making the dynogray wrap application looks bad with the contrasting color.
It didn't. Drove it for a year without a single false positive (I don't own it anymore). That issue has a lot to do with installation though. If the installer leaves any detectable gap between the material and the sensor, it will see it as an obstacle. It can happen after the fact too.

TV518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mercedes Benz EQS
Country flag
It didn't. Drove it for a year without a single false positive (I don't own it anymore). That issue has a lot to do with installation though. If the installer leaves any detectable gap between the material and the sensor, it will see it as an obstacle. It can happen after the fact too.
Thanks for the quick reply.

My installer said he needs to disassemble the front bumper, rear bumper, and the headlight, in order to wrap the Dynogray properly.

Did your installer disassemble these parts?
Will there be any issues for the vehicle warranty because the car was disassembled during the installation

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply.

My installer said he needs to disassemble the front bumper, rear bumper, and the headlight, in order to wrap the Dynogray properly.

Did your installer disassemble these parts?
Will there be any issues for the vehicle warranty because the car was disassembled during the installation
yeah, that's the right thing to do. When they do the doors, the mirrors come off too, which will require your driver's assistance to be reset.

The warranty is fine as long as they put it back together as it was taken apart. Broken clips that aren't replaced will at least cause concern from the dealership should they need to remove items under warranty and see those kind of things. That said, local rules are different.

In the US there are protections against warranty being 'void' without proof that the previous work or aftermarket part was directly related to a failure - not sure if that applies to your area too.
Sponsored