evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I've received several "WBA Limited" messages on the instrument display over the last week. (Warning and Brake Assist) The messages appear for a minute or so and then go away.

Anyone know what might be causing this and if its a "routine issue" like so much other stuff we seem to be experiencing? IOW: Do I need to take my car in for service?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I've received several "WBA Limited" messages on the instrument display over the last week. (Warning and Brake Assist) The messages appear for a minute or so and then go away.

Anyone know what might be causing this and if its a "routine issue" like so much other stuff we seem to be experiencing? IOW: Do I need to take my car in for service?
Try cleaning your front window.
Especially the black part with the triangle. :)

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seriously?

My windshield is spotless... I just washed the car a couple of days ago (and not driven much since).

What about the sensors UNDER the bumper? Now THOSE might have some crap on them...

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Seriously?

My windshield is spotless... I just washed the car a couple of days ago (and not driven much since)...
Seriously.
I've experienced that with some fog or light dirt on it, it shows a warning that safety systems are inactive.
I mean the window radar (in front of the rear view mirror).
Maybe your lower front radar is dirty?

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seriously.
I've experienced that with some fog or light dirt on it, it shows a warning that safety systems are inactive.
I mean the window radar (in front of the rear view mirror).
Maybe your lower front radar is dirty?
Yup, just noted (edited) that above. I'll give it a look. Thanks!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. I got the same message today for the 1st time and had no idea what WBA stood for. The message disappeared in about 30 seconds.

Reactions: Dee

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I had the same yesterday for the first time. I had left the car out of the garage overnight and it was very damp and foggy. The warnings appeared to clear after driving a bit.

the car was covered in dew which I think caused the issue with the sensors

Reactions: Dee

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just a word to the watchful....... I received this message as the second in a series before my PCM finally quit and reset itself.
1. E-Sound not available. 3 instances of this error over the course of three weeks - no discernible pattern. Turning car off and back on restored E-Sound.
2. WBA alerts. I received as many as 6-7 of them following the E-Sound errors. Turning car off and back on cleared the WBA errors.
3. Bluetooth connects to iPhone but no audio heard or sent. Turning car off did not reset error condition.
4. Voice Assistant stopped working. I think people were amused as I was yelling at my car! Turning car off and back on did not restore function. This situation lasted for about 24 hours.
5. PCM finally seems to have had enough errors that it forced its own reset. All functionality restored - E-Sound, WBA, Bluetooth and Voice Assistant.
6. Passenger screen went blank.

Car has been at the dealer for one week. Tech is getting closer to reproducing the Psgr Screen issue, but no joy on the PCM. PCNA and PAG know about the issue and are “actively working it”. There are rumors of an upcoming PCM software release, but no timeframes or content disclosures. The dealer, who has been great, is working this hard to get it fixed.
They did put me into a new ice-blue 4S!

It’s software and Porsche is having real teething problems.

Toby

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just a word to the watchful....... I received this message as the second in a series before my PCM finally quit and reset itself.
1. E-Sound not available. 3 instances of this error over the course of three weeks - no discernible pattern. Turning car off and back on restored E-Sound.
2. WBA alerts. I received as many as 6-7 of them following the E-Sound errors. Turning car off and back on cleared the WBA errors.
3. Bluetooth connects to iPhone but no audio heard or sent. Turning car off did not reset error condition.
4. Voice Assistant stopped working. I think people were amused as I was yelling at my car! Turning car off and back on did not restore function. This situation lasted for about 24 hours.
5. PCM finally seems to have had enough errors that it forced its own reset. All functionality restored - E-Sound, WBA, Bluetooth and Voice Assistant.
6. Passenger screen went blank.

Car has been at the dealer for one week. Tech is getting closer to reproducing the Psgr Screen issue, but no joy on the PCM. PCNA and PAG know about the issue and are “actively working it”. There are rumors of an upcoming PCM software release, but no timeframes or content disclosures. The dealer, who has been great, is working this hard to get it fixed.
They did put me into a new ice-blue 4S!

It’s software and Porsche is having real teething problems.

Toby
It seems it's not a structural problem but only a few cars that are affected.
Mine has been performing perfectly.
I do hope they can fix your issue but I'm sure they will.
Porsche is very service-minded so it'll be ok, I'm sure.
Mine had it's first update, nothing changed: it's as good as it was, maybe a little quicker to 200km/h... :)

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I got the WBA warning for a few seconds about a week ago, but no other warnings or malfunctions.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems it's not a structural problem but only a few cars that are affected.
Mine has been performing perfectly.
I do hope they can fix your issue but I'm sure they will.
Porsche is very service-minded so it'll be ok, I'm sure.
Mine had it's first update, nothing changed: it's as good as it was, maybe a little quicker to 200km/h... :)
Dee, I've been a Porsche for many years now, and I have no doubt that they will get this fixed. The various things we are all seeing are the direct result of a first generation, ALL-NEW platform for Porsche.

The reason I posted my sequence is to alert other owners of these circumstances. The more detailed information that can be provided to Porsche in close proximity (time-wise_ to the fault occurring, the sooner Porsche will gather enough diagnostic data to identify/fix the issue and we will likely get an update from Porsche.

sindahar

First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Having the same WBA and other warning issues. Definitely hoping this is teething pains because I absolutely LOVE driving this car.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've gotten the WBA warning but it went away.
During heavy rain I've also gotten LCA unavailable warning which mystifies me since the LCA is radar based. I've never gotten a warning like that in my Cayenne with LCA.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan "WBA Limited" warnings... wba

I received this WBA warning message and managed to snap a blurry picture of it. I think I also had it once before as well. Today it was very lightly raining so maybe the precip may have affected the window sensors. If it happens again, I will pay more attention to the conditions and report back now that I see that others are having similar WBA messages

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had the same messages and my Taycan has been at the dealership for the past two weeks addressing the random WBA warnings as well as otherissues (eSound disappearing, PCM resets and Passenger screen working intermittently).

For the WBA issue, I have a response from the Taycan "expert" at PCNA....

"- WBA limited. It should say in the owner's manual that it's not a problem. WBA is warning and brake assist. You see this message when there are circumstances that it isn't completely sure about. If it isn't very certain of the surroundings,

it must limit itself and that's all it's saying. I have far more time and miles of seat time with Taycan than anyone else so I've seen this many times. The most common times for me:

1. Weather.. usually heavy heavy rain or in particular, splashing through big puddles.

2. Just unusual (to the ZFAS system) surroundings where the mapping, camera, and radars are not quite clear on the situation. There's this spot by my home that will set that message (not a warning) off about 25% of the time. It's tough to describe but it's two lanes going each way, downhill, I'll be in the left lane, and the center median had a row of skinny trees with very thick tops that start about 8 feet from the ground. It really doesn't matter what the scenario is but that's the one that makes that message appear for me. There are numerous ways that the system can be unsure of the surroundings and it's certainly not going to act on information it's not certain of. Therefore, it just let's you know that.
"

So it seems that the sensors associated with the Warning and Brake Assist (WBA) subsystem are set to a higher level of sensitivity which seems to drive these warnings.

YMMV.

Toby
Sponsored