PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Seen some posts of rocks up under the front of the car from the ports that get trapped in there and rattle. One guy posted a picture of a bunch of debris. Just an idea.
Sponsored

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Interested to know what the rattle is - I have the same as you describe.
Just got my car back from the dealer. No more rattle. it was a servo motor, which threw a few codes which were stored in my AC control unit. Never displayed on the dash. They recoded to AC control unit and at least for the last few hours since I picked it up, no noise. here are the codes listed: B108D09, B116A09 and B116909 stored in A/C control unit. they auto coded vehicle and calibrated all servo motors and cleared faults.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just got my car back from the dealer. No more rattle. it was a servo motor, which threw a few codes which were stored in my AC control unit. Never displayed on the dash. They recoded to AC control unit and at least for the last few hours since I picked it up, no noise. here are the codes listed: B108D09, B116A09 and B116909 stored in A/C control unit. they auto coded vehicle and calibrated all servo motors and cleared faults.
Perfect and thanks for sharing.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I've noticed that my car has developed an occasional rhythmic buzz or chirp which fades in and out in response to steering input at higher (45mph+) speeds. I would describe it as sounding almost exactly like cicadas from a distance. In fact, that's exactly what my wife thinks it is, but to me it does sound like it's coming from inside the car -- and I don't know why the act of straightening out the steering wheel would cause cicadas to silence themselves. I would've guessed a loose fan blade hitting a cowl, but that wouldn't explain why the sound will also go away if I turn the wheel more.

Does it seem like the same issue as the one described in this thread, or something different?
Sponsored