JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I went to the Taycan factory today, Friday April 21 st in Stuttgart Germany. I had lunch in the open to public restaurant then went to the museum store (not so great) then walked the museum (pretty cool).

But the highlight of the day was the factory tour, it took two hours. We started at the museum building then drove to the body shop building where we watched cars getting painted. The process is really fast and what I found most surprising was they can change color car by car within minutes of one car being completed then starting another.

The best part was going into the assemble plant building, the place is amazing! People and robots working hand in hand all over the factory floor. Once the body arrives from the body shop it has 92 different assembly stops with each stop taking 3 minutes and 46 seconds each. We watch car after car being built, it was endless as the cars keep moving as the car is put together.

If you ever have the chance to visit the factory it is worth your time. We also visited the Mercedes museum the same day, again worth the visit. I must say the store in the Mercedes museum was fantastic. I was pretty disappointed with the Porsche store but then again I did not go for the store!
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I went to the Taycan factory today, Friday April 21 st in Stuttgart Germany. I had lunch in the open to public restaurant then went to the museum store (not so great) then walked the museum (pretty cool).
But the highlight of the day was the factory tour, it took two hours. We started at the museum building then drove to the body shop building where we watched cars getting painted. The process is really fast and what I found most surprising was they can change color car by car within minutes of one car being completed then starting another.
The best part was going into the assemble plant building, the place is amazing! People and robots working hand in hand all over the factory floor. Once the body arrives from the body shop it has 92 different assembly stops with each stop taking 3 minutes and 46 seconds each. We watch car after car being built, it was endless as the cars keep moving as the car is put together.
If you ever have the chance to visit the factory it is worth your time. We also visited the Mercedes museum the same day, again worth the visit. I must say the store in the Mercedes museum was fantastic. I was pretty disappointed with the Porsche store but then again I did not go for the store!
Most importantly... Did you saw my car there? Apparently it started build today. Volcano grey, Portuguese accent, light tan. Sexy looking?

Thx

Ps: great review! 😁

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I did the Taycan factory tour about one month ago, and yes, it was amazing. I couldn't believe how close we got to the production line. Near enough to install parts ourselves, that's how close.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the writeup! Was considering a Porsche museum visit, but got to see the recently released drone video on YouTube and satiated for the time being.

Must add the BMW museum in Munchen across from the Olympiadstaadt was a nice trip; did not bother with the company store.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Most importantly... Did you saw my car there? Apparently it started build today. Volcano grey, Portuguese accent, light tan. Sexy looking?

haha, that's what i was gonna say.

my car is plain ole, boring black - just chillin in the post-windshield area by column D11, trying not to draw any attention to itself. lol.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Can’t wait to hear more when you get back home Joe! Safe travels.
Sponsored