First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It's a 150 mile range car @ 85%.
I just did 160 mile round trip on 60%, so unless another 25% was going to yield me minus 10 miles 🙄 I think it’s you and not the car. You’ve been fairly clear that your driving style is to blame (whether you’re aware or not).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here's mine - again in the 40+/- kWh/100mi - I def don't baby it on longer trips (low speed avg due to lot of in city short trips) and have not even attempted to do 'range' driving on longer trips as yet (i.e. keep it in normal or sport and use AC as needed etc), so undoubtedly can do better :)

2022 CT4S with 21" wheels and Pirelli perf tires.
Temps Dec-Feb 30-65F
Temps Mar-April 40-80F
'Predicted' ranges went from ca. 210 in Dec to currently 250+ - actual of course less.

IMG_5348.PNG
Well w/o changing anything in regards driving style and use I got my largest "predicted" range from my car this evening after a 100% charge in prep for an out of town trip tomorrow:

260 miles in Range mode (speed limit set to 75mph) with AC off!

Normal mode with AC off 252 miles and 245 miles with AC on.

Given I started out with a max of 209 predicted range in Range mode back in Dec 2021 this is good - of course temp big here, warmest day of the year in 2022 today hitting upper 80's F but our winters very soft compared to north so some of this is battery 'bedding' in I suspect. So would assume it will either get better or maintain from this point forward through summer - happy with that!

Range mode AC off and speed max 75 mph:

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? IMG_5358

Normal Mode with AC off:

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? IMG_5357

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi @ciaranob, I am curious why you have Range Mode Max Speed set like that.
Range mode AC off and speed max 75 mph:
I have mine at 85 (which is the limit) and am happy when I am navigating and destination SoC is over 9% and thus it allows 90mph limit, even then I appreciate Sport Chrono and being able to twist the dial 1 or 2 positions to Normal or Sport when something is annoying in front of me. Which is soon to be, behind me… :cool:

So yes I use Range Mode, but I do not hyper-mile.

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
My CT4 is still showing good overall consumption but I don’t believe it. Looking at the stats prior to each charge I reckon I’m averaging more like 25 to 27KwH per 100km this winter (with Porsche roofbox on). That’s about 200 miles on a full charge.
I don't believe my overall consumption figure either. It went on my RWD from the low 21 range at 3,000km to 19.1 overall at 8,500km. Thing is: it only seems to get better, never worse. Case in point:

I drove from the Netherlands to France and back last weekend (approx 1,200km). When I left the overall average was 19.2/100. My consumption during all legs of the trip was significantly higher (around the 21 range, and yes, I check my consumption obsessively during and after each trip). After returning home the overall average was still 19.2, which is simply impossible. Then, after two short home to office trips (150km total, done at an average of around 18-18.5) the overall average went even further down to 19.1. No way that this can happen. What is Porsche doing here?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hi @ciaranob, I am curious why you have Range Mode Max Speed set like that.

I have mine at 85 (which is the limit) and am happy when I am navigating and destination SoC is over 9% and thus it allows 90mph limit, even then I appreciate Sport Chrono and being able to twist the dial 1 or 2 positions to Normal or Sport when something is annoying in front of me. Which is soon to be, behind me… :cool:

So yes I use Range Mode, but I do not hyper-mile.
Honestly set that way back in Dec when first setting up the car and (seriously!) I have yet to travel anywhere actually in range mode:)!!

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
F9CA9708-BBCD-45BE-B9FE-9F589EB02424.png
1A6711EB-6F04-4EA7-8296-84CB75805D7D.png

2021 Porsche RWD 19” wheels and standard battery.
Averaging 245 miles per charge.
Thats's really good results, I have the same set up as you but mine is a 22. I am not getting near as good as numbers as you. I am avg. 2.7 mi/kWh. I just hit 500 total miles and I have not been driving on highways just back roads.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I don't believe my overall consumption figure either. It went on my RWD from the low 21 range at 3,000km to 19.1 overall at 8,500km. Thing is: it only seems to get better, never worse. Case in point:

I drove from the Netherlands to France and back last weekend (approx 1,200km). When I left the overall average was 19.2/100. My consumption during all legs of the trip was significantly higher (around the 21 range, and yes, I check my consumption obsessively during and after each trip). After returning home the overall average was still 19.2, which is simply impossible. Then, after two short home to office trips (150km total, done at an average of around 18-18.5) the overall average went even further down to 19.1. No way that this can happen. What is Porsche doing here?
I just checked my post after the Summer and you are right - it only goes down!

If you were to believe this my mileage during a warm Summer without roof box was worse than cold winter driving with roof box installed. So these stats are a con…

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? F73819B6-F3FA-420F-BA03-93F48E62ABF8

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have no trips under 23kWh / 100km in the last few weeks and it was even colder before then…

Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? FC17FF87-2639-4F63-BCC4-828523BAEC2D

D’Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thats's really good results, I have the same set up as you but mine is a 22. I am not getting near as good as numbers as you. I am avg. 2.7 mi/kWh. I just hit 500 total miles and I have not been driving on highways just back roads.
I actually surprised myself when I sat down to see how much of that was highway miles. After trips to NYC, Chicago, Sarasota, and around NC (Boone & Wilmington), just over 26% of my miles were from long trips.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I actually surprised myself when I sat down to see how much of that was highway miles. After trips to NYC, Chicago, Sarasota, and around NC (Boone & Wilmington), just over 26% of my miles were from long trips.
My first long trip will be tomorrow and Saturday back. Should log about 300 miles so I am looking to seeing how things go!

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just did 160 mile round trip on 60%, so unless another 25% was going to yield me minus 10 miles 🙄 I think it’s you and not the car. You’ve been fairly clear that your driving style is to blame (whether you’re aware or not).
It's the car. soon to be "sold" car.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It's the car. soon to be "sold" car.
Anyone with a high school grasp of physics could have predicted your range and whether you didn’t care to or weren’t capable doesn’t matter as neither is the fault of the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone with a high school grasp of physics could have predicted your range and whether your didn’t care to or weren’t capable doesn’t matter as neither is the fault of the car.
Very eloquent. A Porsche that can't be driven like a Porsche....it's the car. Enjoy your car

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Porsche Taycan What’s your Taycan efficiency? Screenshot_20220408-180129

Mine in a different format. am I looking in a different place?

Folks I was thinking about starting this thread where folks who don’t mind sharing can post a screenshot of their current total stats from the Porsche Connect app. Which shows total distance and average consumption.
Also shows average speed which is quite misleading because it includes time that the vehicle is stopped but still turned on.

Please wait till you have at least 2000 miles or 3000 km before posting.

I will periodically add new data and the chart will automatically update.
I know there will be lots of variance because of different climates and different tire sizes, however I still think it might be interesting. You can post your Model, average temperature range while driving, and your tire size along with the screenshot.
An approximate range is now shown based on an approximate usable battery capacity of 85kWh.
Also Pie charts for models & wheel sizes are shown (Scroll right on charts below).

Spreadsheet is here:
Sponsored