SunnyTaycan

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85, Landrover Defender
Country flag
Spooky, I was thinking of starting a similar thread today.

I've just put my name down for a highly optioned Taycan GTS but a MY2024 build. The Taycan will be joining our BMW iX M60 (electric) and an Audi RS 3 Sportback.

I'm confident the exterior facelift changes will look pretty good when finally revealed. The camouflage we are currently seeing is designed to through us all off, so I wound't be too concerned that the signature lights will disappear etc.

I was also wondering what MY2024/facelift might bring, here are my hopes
- Minor exterior front and rear tweaks
- New colours
- PCM/infotainment updates - maybe a faster processor or similar refresh
- Digital Key/Apple CarKey support
- Improved 360 camera performance
- One pedal driving option (B mode). This is a thing I think Porsche have got wrong to date. To me, one pedal driving feels incredibly sporty, not the contrary, and I can see no reason why it can't be implemented as an option in the way BMW and VW do it.
Agree. I doubt they'll radically change the lights. I'm also hoping for a one pedal driving option (it's what I'm currently used to).

OP
OP
SunnyTaycan

SunnyTaycan

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looking at the 2024 Macan EV front end and the latest pictures of the Taycan 2024 revisions, the common aesthetic element seems to be rectangular headlights and a new sharp crease from the inner end of the headlights to the mirrors, more rounded on the current Taycan. As these are common to both new Macan and Taycan models for 2024, I think this will likely be the "family" look of both. I don't think anyone outside Porsche knows what the interior changes if any and power adjustments will be. A major increase in battery will likely affect residuals, so I speculate that that any increase may be minor...but hey what do know!
I did read somewhere that the new PPE platform took data from the current Taycan fleet to allow for smaller unusable battery margin. Wonder if the battery size may stay the same but usable might increase?

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Similar deal here in WA, Australia...the locals say WA...(W)ait (A)while, pretty much true for everything.
Believe it or not I received a voice note from my dealer today; he’s stating that freeze date is 11/30.
Manufacturing starts in January 2023 and I’ll be taking delivery of my car in late March. I’ll keep everyone posted if it helps, cheers!

OP
OP
SunnyTaycan

SunnyTaycan

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Believe it or not I received a voice note from my dealer today; he’s stating that freeze date is 11/30.
Manufacturing starts in January 2023 and I’ll be taking delivery of my car in late March. I’ll keep everyone posted if it helps, cheers!
Congrats. Only 4 months to go!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not to bring you down, but perhaps to set expectations of what is possible. My Taycan build froze, thawed, and refroze 3 times so far. Hoping 3 times is the magic number after which they actually go to production.

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ordered my Turbo in May 2022. Dealer explained the backlogs meant freeze date of 2023 at the earliest, likely delivery November 2023. I have now been told that build will be February 2023, completion/delivery end March 2023, much earlier than anticipated. Meeting the dealer this Saturday to finalise specs. I wonder if orders have been cancelled to permit earlier deliveries?

While somewhat concerned that the revised 2024 Taycan may have bigger battery/range/looks, aware cars are effectively out of date the moment they are purchased, manufacturers always develop the next revision/gen and think Gen 2 will be the one to wait for with hopefully all current bugs resolved...and I am sure new bugs installed!

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not to bring you down, but perhaps to set expectations of what is possible. My Taycan build froze, thawed, and refroze 3 times so far. Hoping 3 times is the magic number after which they actually go to production.
Haha, don’t worry.
My actual thought is that is going to take at least until June-July 2023…but let’s wait and see, in the end I’m in a much smaller market than the US or UK so maybe I’ll get lucky

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Little off topic from your question, but I received my 23 allocation Nov.9, with a delivery date mid March 2023. I don’t see major upgrades for 24. Porsche is still trying to fill current orders.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agree. I doubt they'll radically change the lights. I'm also hoping for a one pedal driving option (it's what I'm currently used to).
To each their own, but I quickly got used to traditional 2 pedal driving after a little while in the Taycan, and I can't say I miss one pedal at all. To me it's part of what makes a Taycan not a Tesla, along with beautiful exteriors, quality interior materials, and driving enjoyment.

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Anyone have historical insight on the types and scope of changes seen in previous model mid cycle refreshes for Porsche?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
One pedal driving is the opposite of what Porsche has tried to achieve with their EV cars.

rugbym8t

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4S Cross Turismo (on order), Model X Plaid
Country flag
Anyone have historical insight on the types and scope of changes seen in previous model mid cycle refreshes for Porsche?
Same question for me. A battery change or big Infotainment redesign would have the biggest impact on residuals for older ev models. So if Porsche moves to a larger pack in 2024, that adds 10-20% more range, then that would have a huge impact on earlier models.

It does seem that Porsche believes in more steady evolution with an eye toward long-term value. It was great to see that they rolled out the latest update to the entire Taycan fleet vs just 2023's. If that trend continues, then I don't think we have to worry about

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Same question for me. A battery change or big Infotainment redesign would have the biggest impact on residuals for older ev models. So if Porsche moves to a larger pack in 2024, that adds 10-20% more range, then that would have a huge impact on earlier models.

It does seem that Porsche believes in more steady evolution with an eye toward long-term value. It was great to see that they rolled out the latest update to the entire Taycan fleet vs just 2023's. If that trend continues, then I don't think we have to worry about
Having just one software OS to manage is very much in Porsche’s best interest as well. That has a lot to do with why the updates are at no additional cost.

Last edited:

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Hoping for increased range through reduced battery reserve capacity and continued software efficiencies… applicable to all (or as many 9J1.1 model years as possible). How about through over the air updates??

If that happens, then I’m fine with a slightly bigger battery pack option for 2024 (9J1.2 models) to get >= 300 miles on independent, real range testing.
Sponsored