docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
Personally I miss an analogue speedo, what about you?

Regards Michael.
Sponsored

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you mean an actual analog speedometer? You can switch one of the three “tubes” to a speedometer if you want more than the digits inside of the central power display.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Air vents I can move myself rather than asking a computer to!

I also miss the ability to flick through my favourite radio stations using a button on the steering wheel without having to go in to a touch screen each time!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Air vents I can move myself rather than asking a computer to!
It is a little bizarre that nobody liked this on the new Panamera but they double downed on it. I mean, it's a fun party trick but it's also dumb & works poorly.

OP
OP
docdav

docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
Do you mean an actual analog speedometer? You can switch one of the three “tubes” to a speedometer if you want more than the digits inside of the central power display.
Digital would be fine, i cant se how to? My car was original set up to german software.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Digital would be fine, i cant se how to? My car was original set up to german software.
The Good to Know app has more detail, but you press the outer button on the right side of steering wheel to select the “tube” (Porsche’s word for which circular dial you’re interested in) and then use scroll wheel next to that button to select the new function. Then press on the scroll wheel to select the new option for the display. It’s in the app in the Display and Input section. Good luck!

OP
OP
docdav

docdav

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo v70
Country flag
The Good to Know app has more detail, but you press the outer button on the right side of steering wheel to select the “tube” (Porsche’s word for which circular dial you’re interested in) and then use scroll wheel next to that button to select the new function. Then press on the scroll wheel to select the new option for the display. It’s in the app in the Display and Input section. Good luck!
Not in my display, can you show a picture of your speedo and the menu leading to it?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not in my display, can you show a picture of your speedo and the menu leading to it?
Hi,
Here is how my display looks. I have both a type of analogue and digital display! Can you not set it up this way?

Porsche Taycan What do you miss? 9F70FF53-EF46-4CCF-B656-BDB7E9B322E4

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
It's one thing I've noticed and which I'm wondering about regarding the digit display on speedometer. I haven't noticed it been discussed on this forum before, but if it has, I apologise.

The thing is, I want to know why the speed display numbers do not increase chronologically 1 by 1 km/h, but instead jump 3 to 5 km/h sometimes even more depending on the acceleration speed. I by no means want to compare Taycan with Tesla, however on our Model S the number counting is more what I prefer, counting number by number without without skipping any. This feels more correct, than the Taycan which jumps step by step in between.

I guess it might has to do with the display of speed being clear in a short moment, since the acceleration and hence the counting on Taycan goes rather fast together with the actual speed. Despite this, I would rather want the more logical old-fashioned way as the Nixie indicator tube for digits, that counted real cool like a maniac when necessary.

Like this and Tesla´s way of counting upwards: https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiorør#/media/Fil:Nixie2.gif

Not like this . . . even that's cool too, and gives vital information that you're going way to fast:

For this reason, I wished it were possible to choose both options in the Taycan´s speedometer display. This issue might also be something for Porsches software development could take a closer look on. I reckon it will be a narrow case to correct in a software update, if that is not already possible.

Just having said, in my opnion the rest of the instrument cluster setup on the Taycan, is way more delicate than any other cars in the market as of yet. So my issue above is not a huge complaint - I'm just too hung up on details and am also told be a little picky, so then I can tell you I miss that.

If anybody knows something about this or have an idea of solution, I would appreciate the input. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The thing is, I want to know why the speed display numbers do not increase chronologically 1 by 1 km/h, but instead jump 3 to 5 km/h sometimes even more depending on the acceleration speed. I by no means want to compare Taycan with Tesla, however on our Model S the number counting is more what I prefer, counting number by number without without skipping any. This feels more correct, than the Taycan which jumps step by step in between.

I guess it might has to do with the display of speed being clear in a short moment, since the acceleration and hence the counting on Taycan goes rather fast together with the actual speed.
This is on purpose, as the screen is updating way faster than once a second (note the energy display update speed). It’s like that in all Porsches, so some person there prefers it that way.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's definitely a design choice and I think it serves two purposes. 1) It's easier to read your speed during acceleration, and 2) It's a cleaner, less messy look.

While they probably could give the option to change that, I'm guessing they don't consider the scrolling numbers a design they want in their cars. Like anything else, it's a balance between giving customers options/what they want and maintaining the integrity of the brand.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is on purpose, as the screen is updating way faster than once a second (note the energy display update speed). It’s like that in all Porsches, so some person there prefers it that way.
So as of yet I suppose there is no way to change the speedometer view to a more active progressive mode, if preferable. Technically and digitally it seems like an easy task for Porsche to add as an option in the setup menu, especially in a high-tech and top-modern vehicle as Taycan.

I’ll add this possibility on my wishlist though, and hope I get lucky ; )

Last edited:

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's definitely a design choice and I think it serves two purposes. 1) It's easier to read your speed during acceleration, and 2) It's a cleaner, less messy look.

While they probably could give the option to change that, I'm guessing they don't consider the scrolling numbers a design they want in their cars. Like anything else, it's a balance between giving customers options/what they want and maintaining the integrity of the brand.
I hear you - good points! I’ll keep that in mind ; )

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I miss a functional fast charging network - nothing else…and I'm hopeful that will fix itself over time - I gave up on gas cars a long time ago - the future is clear.
Sponsored