Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Anyone know what the number in the circle at the top of the HUD is when InnoDrive offers you to accept a new speed limit (Hint: It’s not the new speed limit)

Porsche Taycan What does this mean in the HUD? 48BB8A0B-BC64-4D0C-BF59-472EA0F1C25A
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It looks like Innodrive spotted the number somewhere, somehow and now thinks it's a speed limit?
And if so, my Q: how do you accept that particular speed limit anyway?

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
It looks like Innodrive spotted the number somewhere, somehow and now thinks it's a speed limit?
And if so, my Q: how do you accept that particular speed limit anyway?
It’s not a/the/seen speed limit...

When you flick up the stalk it prepares for the new speed limit, which it has determined correctly.

I’m guessing that the number is the distance before the new limit... but it’s hard to say, and having it in a circle like the speed limit is misleading.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi Ok so here is some more on this mysterious number that appears in the HUD as in the picture above. This is clearly related to the car sensing that it is moving to a new speed limit area. And as far as I can see it only works when Innodrive is engaged and probably when you have set a destination in the sat nav. I thought initially that the number 37 always appeared but having studied it today I actually think it is measuring the distance to the speed limit change location and probably in metres. It definitely does not refer to the speed limit itself. Today as I went towards a 30 mph speed area the HUD flashed up 19. Since 30 mph is 48 kmh it is clearly not 30mph in kmh. But when I saw it the sign was around 19 metres away.

This is all complicated by the fact that the car does not always accurately pinpoint the change in speed limit and can be out by quite a few metres meaning that sometimes you see this number after you have passed the new speed limit sign.

Nothing in the manual about this - I just received it 3 months after the car was delivered.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
There is another thread already posted for this exact issue a couple of days ago... I honestly don't remember what the conclusion was...

(Hint: ...and its not because you asked the onboard software to multiply 6x6)
Sponsored