Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
My 2 cents on your build - I agree with what others have said, your 4S is very expensive, as it's well above the price of a GTS. That's fine if it's ultimately what you want, but note that your car will have relatively poor resale as a % of your MSRP, in my opinion, as there are a lot of options you've ticked that are not important to many people. These include:
  • Rear Seat Entertainment - the rear seats are small and this is a sports sedan, I think almost no one I've seen here has optioned this
  • Palado Trim - nice looking to be sure, but again it's very expensive for what it is, and also not worth much for resale as it's purely cosmetic. For some it may even be a negative as they don't want wood in their Taycan
  • Rear climate control and heated seats - I don't think anyone thinks these are must haves. Again the rear seats are small, and this is not a rear passenger oriented vehicle
  • Tech package - remotepark, HUD, and passenger display are gimmicks. They're cool to have but relatively low value add. Would keep ACC though
  • Panoramic with VLC - I think this is pretty cool and can help in hot climates, but man I don't know if it's worth over $3k..
  • Sportdesign skirts, puddle projectors, model designation in black - Again these are fine to have if you really love them cosmetically, but expect that this isn't going to be a significant value add for most people
  • PSCB - the 21 inch wheels you optioned don't force this (unlike the mission E). The standard brakes are more than sufficient unless you're going to drive the car hard, and your wheel design has large spokes that cover most of the caliper anyways. Visually you won't see much of this upgrade. Given your build lacks other performance options like RAS and PTV+, and has all seasons, it doesn't seem you'll drive the car to the point where you'll need better brakes
One option I say isn't a must have, but very nice to have, especially if you're doing a high spec build, is Rear Axle Steering. Helps both performance and in daily

Modifying your build, I ended up cutting $15k from it, and it still has many of the key items that are crucial IMO. This ends up as a much more typical high option 4S build that includes key high value options

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPPAVS81

I'm not trying to be facetious, but just want to ask you if you're sure the Taycan is the right car for you, just given the options that you've selected here. It seems your build leans heavily on tech and luxury, and not really performance. It somewhat feels like something like a Mercedes EQS 580 might be more in-line with what you're after
Thank you i have kids that are not tiny but not to old and they love the backseats even my 14 year old still sits in the back so I want the 4zone climate so they can have more control and I am thinking of removing the rear seat entertainment but I want to see good pictures of it first so if anybody has good pictures please send them
Sponsored

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also I am going for a more Luxurious build because I think the car is already fast enough I already have a panamera turbo

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Thank you i have kids that are not tiny but not to old and they love the backseats even my 14 year old still sits in the back so I want the 4zone climate so they can have more control and I am thinking of removing the rear seat entertainment but I want to see good pictures of it first so if anybody has good pictures please send them
In that case I think the rear heated seats are worth keeping as I find that actually pretty nice as a rear seat passenger. I still question how effective 4 zone climate really will be given the cabin size, but if you want it for your kids, go for it

I don't think anyone has seen one in the wild on a Taycan given no one has optioned it. Others have pics from the configurator, looks like just a tablet stuck onto the back of the seat, so not very integrated. If I was you I'd just buy your kids ipads instead for that price (you could get them 2 ipad pros at $1k each)

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...che-rear-seat-entertainment.7807/#post-113490

Also I am going for a more Luxurious build because I think the car is already fast enough I already have a panamera turbo
I sort of understand, but the Taycan makes interior space compromises vs others in its class to be the sportiest in its class. Many of us bought it because we are looking for the handling characteristics of a Porsche, as opposed to straight line speed. Thus it makes sense adding options to further increase that (RAS, PTV+). For the same money there are far faster EVs in a straight line (Model S, Lucid) - that's not an area that the Taycan particularly shines more than others.

FYI the Taycan rear seat is significantly smaller than the Panamera

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In that case I think the rear heated seats are worth keeping as I find that actually pretty nice as a rear seat passenger. I still question how effective 4 zone climate really will be given the cabin size, but if you want it for your kids, go for it

I don't think anyone has seen one in the wild on a Taycan given no one has optioned it. Others have pics from the configurator, looks like just a tablet stuck onto the back of the seat, so not very integrated. If I was you I'd just buy your kids ipads instead for that price (you could get them 2 ipad pros at $1k each)

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...che-rear-seat-entertainment.7807/#post-113490
Thank you for the reply my kids say they want rear seat entertainment but I’m am still not sure

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If you could have easily afforded a higher model, whenever you see a GTS or Turbo - you will have doubts.
That isn't true in my case.
I chose a 4S because none of the more expensive models offered a worthwhile gain for me.

I calculated the power increment per pound spent and looked at the interest I had in the additional options included in the more expensive model and the 4S came out a very clear sweet spot for me.

I won't have any regrets based on previous experience, I chose a Prius PHEV over a Panamera PHEV and would still do the same if a Prius PHEV was still available, which it isn't :(.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I’ve asked the question on another thread but are the on board and mobile charger options really worth ordering? In the U.K. we don’t have many, if any, super fast chargers and most of my charging will be done at home. Appreciate any input.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
That isn't true in my case.
I chose a 4S because none of the more expensive models offered a worthwhile gain for me.

I calculated the power increment per pound spent and looked at the interest I had in the additional options included in the more expensive model and the 4S came out a very clear sweet spot for me.

I won't have any regrets based on previous experience, I chose a Prius PHEV over a Panamera PHEV and would still do the same if a Prius PHEV was still available, which it isn't :(.
True F1 - have edited my post....