First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
Considerations for that build code:
Standard seat belts are black. Seat belts in other colors are options.
You should definitely add the on-board 150kw/400v charger option. Reasons are given in many posts/threads on this forum.
You did not include the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect, which is smart. PMCC is a problematic EVSE in the US. See posts on the forum. Non-Porsche EVSEs are better.

At a total price of $156,000 you have selected options that cost 48% of the base 4S price. You might want to consider moving up to a pricier model, which may include as standard some of the options you have selected in this build.
Good luck.
What model do you recommend upgrading to
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Depends on what kind of options YOU prioritize in your Porsche.

Not sure how you expect us who don't know you at all, to answer that. If we were your friends who are familiar with your taste in cars, then maybe possible.

OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
very weird post....reminds me of the fable "tell me everything I need to know in the world as I stand on one leg"
I was just trying to find what options you should get that are necessary

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
The problem with your post is that options are, by definition, subjective. And the car functions without them. Look at how others have posed a similar question. Share your use case, what you seek from the experience, your budget, your needs, etc. And go drive the cars.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m in the middle of speccing my taycan and wondering what features I need should I get the premium package and just list options I should get for coolness and options you just need
I'd be sure to get rear wheel steering

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Next model up - and trim the options back accordingly.

If you could have easily afforded a higher model, whenever you see a GTS or Turbo - Many people might have doubts.

A Porsche is aspirational for many people - If you know you have stretched as far as you reasonably can - seeing higher models has no effect - you can just admire them.

No regrets - life is too short.

just my 2c

Last edited:

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The only option you regret is the one you don’t order. For me, a full leather interior is a must have. Also like the performance options and a good set of wheels.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The problem with your post is that options are, by definition, subjective. And the car functions without them. Look at how others have posed a similar question. Share your use case, what you seek from the experience, your budget, your needs, etc. And go drive the cars.
I totally agree with your post. Problem is that many will jump in (and already have) with detailed information in response to the original post without knowing anything about the key info above. 🤯

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'd say upgrade to a GTS for sure.

Get the rear wheel steering for sure. With the GTS, everything else will be really subjective and mostly aesthetic and wants, not needs.

This is what I added to my GTS:

RS Spyder Wheels
Premium Package
2+1 Seats in Rear
Leather Interior
Interior Accent (Neodyme)
B-Pillars in Race-Tex
Massage Seats w/Ventilation
GTS logo on Armrest
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Heated GT Steering Wheel
Rear Axle Steering
Under Door Puddle Lights
Rear Logo in Gloss Black
Side View Mirrors Painted
On-Board DC Charger
Dashcam Prep
Power Charge Port Cover

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I think all necessary features are included. Options are called that because they are, well, optional. Your question is impossible to answer the way you wrote it. Are you trying to find out what is the most common configuration ordered, or perhaps most common individual options?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
My 2 cents on your build - I agree with what others have said, your 4S is very expensive, as it's well above the price of a GTS. That's fine if it's ultimately what you want, but note that your car will have relatively poor resale as a % of your MSRP, in my opinion, as there are a lot of options you've ticked that are not important to many people. These include:
  • Rear Seat Entertainment - the rear seats are small and this is a sports sedan, I think almost no one I've seen here has optioned this
  • Palado Trim - nice looking to be sure, but again it's very expensive for what it is, and also not worth much for resale as it's purely cosmetic. For some it may even be a negative as they don't want wood in their Taycan
  • Rear climate control and heated seats - I don't think anyone thinks these are must haves. Again the rear seats are small, and this is not a rear passenger oriented vehicle
  • Tech package - remotepark, HUD, and passenger display are gimmicks. They're cool to have but relatively low value add. Would keep ACC though as for some this is a must have option (I would not buy a commuter car without it)
  • Panoramic with VLC - I think this is pretty cool and can help in hot climates, but man I don't know if it's worth over $3k..
  • Sportdesign skirts, puddle projectors, model designation in black - Again these are fine to have if you really love them cosmetically, but expect that this isn't going to be a significant value add for most people
  • PSCB - the 21 inch wheels you optioned don't force this (unlike the mission E). The standard brakes are more than sufficient unless you're going to drive the car hard, and your wheel design has large spokes that cover most of the caliper anyways. Visually you won't see much of this upgrade. Given your build lacks other performance options like RAS and PTV+, and has all seasons, it doesn't seem you'll drive the car to the point where you'll need better brakes
One option I say isn't a must have, but very nice to have, especially if you're doing a high spec build, is Rear Axle Steering. Helps both performance and in daily

Modifying your build, I ended up cutting $15k from it, and it still has many of the key items that are crucial IMO. This ends up as a much more typical high option 4S build that includes key high value options.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPPAVS81

I understand that ultimately the car is for your enjoyment and so if there are options you must have regardless of resale, you should go for it. However, at the end of the day unless it's a car you're going to keep forever, resale should be factored into overall cost of ownership for any car.

Separately, and I'm not trying to be facetious, but just want to ask you if you're sure the Taycan is the right car for you, just given the options that you've selected here. It seems your build leans heavily on tech and luxury, and not really performance. It somewhat feels like something like a Mercedes EQS 580 might be more in-line with what you're after
Sponsored

Last edited: