Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Anyone know if all seasons have stronger sidewalks than Performance tires? I assume the all season are less prone to bubbles/damage?
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Ouch. Did you manage to get a replacement tyre without too much of a problem? Via Porsche or a tyre shop?
Car was recovered by Porsche the following morning (unsafe to drive with the bubble), tyre was ordered, arrived sameday and was fitted. Alloy and suspension all OK. Good service by Porsche.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
I'm glad I have RAS, but I've found a couple of downsides:
After 6 months ownership, I often don't manage to reverse mine through a narrower than mirrors-out garage door and keep parallel first time with the internal wall of the garage, unless I'm lined up perfectly outside. Despite the camera trajectory lines and taped lines on the floor, I'm not great at predicting the rear wheel trajectory so often need to stop part way and come back out a few feet to realign. I don't find it easy as my previous, wider, Cayenne;
When pulling out having been parallel parked tight to a kerb, care is needed to avoid the rear wheel steering in to it.
And there I was telling myself 'you are losing it' when I fail to park exactly parallel to the lines. I guess there had to be a downside to rear axle steering - in all other respects it is marvellous.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
And there I was telling myself 'you are losing it' when I fail to park exactly parallel to the lines.
I must confess that my self-esteem stopped me considering that alternative- and quite plausible- explanation for my difficulties 😁

Kashmir1129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Finally received my allocation for my 4S ct. I want the 21” ct wheels but fear damage. For context, commute 100 miles/day and have bent 2 panamera 21” wheels and bubbled 3 tires in 80,000 miles on Columbus, OH roads. These tires have a bit more sidewall than the taycan. I have read multiple posts but the waters remain muddy. Wanted to see if anyone has any added insight.

Also, definitely add RWS from what I have read? What is the discernible advantage?
I live in CBus also so I totally understand. I go with 21” wheels in the summer months and 20” for pothole season. That way I can also run on performance tires in the summer and snow tires in the winter. 21” wheels look great on the Taycan. MAG will store your off season wheels for you. I go with a different looking wheel in the winter so I always look forward to the change. Have done this with my BMWs for 25 years. I’m a new Taycan owner but winter wheels/tires have been ordered.

OP
OP
Cowtownhusker

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
I live in CBus also so I totally understand. I go with 21” wheels in the summer months and 20” for pothole season. That way I can also run on performance tires in the summer and snow tires in the winter. 21” wheels look great on the Taycan. MAG will store your off season wheels for you. I go with a different looking wheel in the winter so I always look forward to the change. Have done this with my BMWs for 25 years. I’m a new Taycan owner but winter wheels/tires have been ordered.
Thanks for your input. Did that with a 2014 E63S. Bent 4 wheels (horribly crafted wheels/well known issue) and bubbled at least 6 tires on the south side "megafix" 4 winters ago and 2 panamera wheels bent in last 4 years with 2 bubbled tires. I will have to give this consideration although I do hate having to change out wheels/tires. The 21s look great, but the practical 47-year-old me (and wife) says go 20". First world problems

OP
OP
Cowtownhusker

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Appreciate everyone's input. Very helpful. RWS sounds like the way to go and will add to build. I have had such bad luck with wheels/tires on my commute secondary to ongoing interstate construction on my commute, I will have to think about this more. My vanity wants 21s, my practical side (and wife) says 20s.

OP
OP
Cowtownhusker

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The standard GTS wheels are matte black painted Turbo S design wheel of the CT. Maybe you can find someone to do that ?

My colleague has just put on his winter tires and I think he has the ones you discribe. Never seen them before. Vesuvius like color. They look nice.
My dealer has a company that powder coats for them, so this is something I am looking into as well. Want to see the wheel on the care in person first and go from there. Another member, Terrance, recently sold these in CA for 1500 with tires-what a steal

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm going for 21" in summer and winter. Ordered additional wheels Vossen HF-5 (satin black) and Michelin Pilot Aplin 5 tires for the winter in same setup (265 35 R21 front and 305 30 R21 back). I'll probably run Vossen in summer, not sure yet. Ordered the cross turismo design wheels on the car as standard wheels (painted jet black).

hsmooth

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was worried about damage and comfort and also didn't feel like paying for the upgraded brakes, so I ended up going with 19" aftermarkets. They are pretty controversial on this forum but I have no regrets with them. They don't look as sleek as the 21s but I have no complaints; my car drives like butter and I regularly attain 300+ miles with the smaller battery.

Regarding the RWS, I don't have it and have never seen a need for it. I came from a Tesla Model S and there are many times where I had to make 3 point turns in that car where I don't have to in the Taycan.

IMG_4196.JPG
Did the chalk color on your wheels match the vehicle well?

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Did the chalk color on your wheels match the vehicle well?
Spot on when they’re clean. After a day or two they get a bit darker than the car but that’s just from naturally getting dirty.

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Those look sick. What are the details?
That is my 21" Signature Wheel Precision Series SV706. Finished in the OEM sizing with our flush fitment. Wheel color is Brushed Triple Black Tinted.

Let me know if you want to jump in on our Holiday Sale :)
Sponsored