epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
If you want to put your mind at ease, think of it like this. What's the worst case scenario? The cars don't seem to have any widespread fire related issues, since you can really only find one case of it in Florida, which seemed to be related to the EVSE install rather than the car itself. If there's no widespread fires, the worst a consumer would have to deal with is a battery that degrades far faster than normal. If that's the case though, we have 8 year warranties on the battery, and I'd be happy to exercise that warranty several years down the line before I trade it in for something new.

I get it, nobody wants their garage going up in flames, and the thought terrifies be for sure, but there's no clear evidence to suggest that the Taycan is any more likely to go up in flames than any other car on the market. If Porsche wants to buy everyone new batteries in a few years, well, good for them!
Sorry I wasn't clear. I am not at all concerned, I was referring to Tesla and Tesla fans.
Sponsored

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
This is kind of worrying. Why couldent Porsche just instantly deny the rumor? They have to look into it- not what I would have expected.
That's the boilerplate legal-safe response. If you instantly deny (or agree), you are taking a public position which is difficult to walk back from later on due to whatever reason.

Funny how Musk & co were all about democratizing EVs till competitors arrived on the scene.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is kind of worrying. Why couldent Porsche just instantly deny the rumor? They have to look into it- not what I would have expected.
With something like this I doubt they can just issue a flat denial. They need to prepare a detailed robust denial that the lawyers sign off on.

They probably want to include specific stats to refute the claim,etc.

Anyone who is worried about this clickbait article should look at their battery warranty and forget about it. We are all covered.
Sponsored