Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Has anyone got any comparison pics of the standard white vs the metallic white? I've had a number of solid white cars in the past and absolutely loved them - easy to keep looking clean, look great with black wheels and privacy glass etc...but wondering if a Porsche deserves metallic instead
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
While I don't have side-by-side pictures, I believe a vehicle of Porsche's status must always sparkle in the sun and the shade. (BTW my RWD is Carrara White Metallic and is well worth the US$800 cost IMO.) Ceramic coating will make cleaning easier, and paint protection film (PPF) will keep minor nicks (gravel, etc.) from scratching the paint.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I haven't seen any options for PPF on the configurator - do Porsche do it? I usually always get it on other cars

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
White is a pure white, Carrara is a slightly smoky white. White is the more sporty looking color, while Carrara is the more luxurious looking color.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
White is a pure white, Carrara is a slightly smoky white. White is the more sporty looking color, while Carrara is the more luxurious looking color.
perfect explanation, thanks - exactly what I was looking for. I’m minded to choose sporty over luxurious based on past cars of a similar shape I had in solid white

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I haven't seen any options for PPF on the configurator - do Porsche do it? I usually always get it on other cars
Some will at a marked-up price, some will at a non-marked-up price (like mine), and some won't.

Check with your dealer prior to your car's arrival. Ask what PPF will be used and how long the warranty is. If it doesn't meet your satisfaction, add PPF and ceramic after you take possession. I hope this helps ...

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Has anyone got any comparison pics of the standard white vs the metallic white? I've had a number of solid white cars in the past and absolutely loved them - easy to keep looking clean, look great with black wheels and privacy glass etc...but wondering if a Porsche deserves metallic instead
I had a Carrara White Macan before and it was awesome color. Very deep bit sparky feeling.

OP
OP
Dabz

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
@Dabz , if you scroll to the bottom of the comments, you'll find Similar threads that this website picks out.
Porsche Taycan White vs Carrara White Metallic 1655834625949

We're here to tickle our keyboards to treat you with our reasons for our personal choices. Some reasons will resonate with you, some will be tossed by you, and there may be that one magical reason that, unknowingly to the contributor, cinches the deal for you. The final choice is yours, and it'll be a good one. Good luck!

Last edited:

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I went for metallic white as it just looked a bit more special with a sparkle up close. Here’s a pic, Mina looks like a pearl white up close

Porsche Taycan White vs Carrara White Metallic 6553238B-D380-4030-AD0E-EF48AB3B8E58

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
I personally went with the base white, as you mentioned it just felt more sporty and “right”. I was able to look at both side by side in a dealer lot and to me the carrera white was a little too blue for me, and preferred the flatter white.
Sponsored