Who charges their Taycan to 100% SoC at every charge

How much SoC do you take your Taycan to on a regular basis?

• Total voters

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Since, Porsche has a gross and net for the battery with the difference near 10% does this mean when we charge to 100% it really only 90% ? so to get to true 80% for gross battery we could charge to 90% (89% for u nerds)
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Since, Porsche has a gross and net for the battery with the difference near 10% does this mean when we charge to 100% it really only 90% ? so to get to true 80% for gross battery we could charge to 90% (89% for u nerds)
There's a buffer yes BUT it's split. There's a top buffer and a bottom buffer (so you don't kill the battery when you get to 0%).

There's been a lot of debate and speculation on the size of each of the buffers. Might be equal, might be different, who knows.

I've read in some article that all lithium batteries were capped to an extend. In theory it would be possible to get 120% or more out of a battery... But only once. It would never be able to charge again.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The suspension damping is entirely different in Sport Plus vs. Range. Range is much softer. But I agree with others who’ve found that Range mode offers minimal benefit over Normal mode in terms of range.
range mode turns off the AC to a semi-vegetative state, artificially boosting efficiency.

It's different from the "off" setting.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The suspension damping is entirely different in Sport Plus vs. Range. Range is much softer. But I agree with others who’ve found that Range mode offers minimal benefit over Normal mode in terms of range.
I know, but Range mode is not comfortable and so basically just not worth any additional range imo

OP
OP
Plumley32

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
I mostly drive in range mode here in the UK (unless spirited driving is required/available) as I find the ECO PLUS setting on the climate control enough to keep the screen clear but not using unnecessary battery range by using heating/cooling AC. Seams the heated seats and wheel have minimal effect on battery, so I use them if i am cold.
Why you can't select this ECO PLUS in other drive modes I don't know (someone may jump in here and say you can, please let us know if so).
I do appreciate if you live in somewhere like Arizona my comment is pointless as you probably req the ac on cold all the time... flip in your in Alaska...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Why you can't select this ECO PLUS in other drive modes I don't know (someone may jump in here and say you can, please let us know if so).
Jumping in!
If you click on the A/C menu there is an A/C eco option which I have used ever since I found it.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
There's a buffer yes BUT it's split. There's a top buffer and a bottom buffer (so you don't kill the battery when you get to 0%).

There's been a lot of debate and speculation on the size of each of the buffers. Might be equal, might be different, who knows.

I've read in some article that all lithium batteries were capped to an extend. In theory it would be possible to get 120% or more out of a battery... But only once. It would never be able to charge again.
OBD reader shows almost 11% real capacity when displayed 6%. So it seems buffer is ca. 5%/5% up and down.
Porsche Taycan Who charges their Taycan to 100% SoC at every charge IMG_5774

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
You could add : I charge to 85% on daily base and 100% if needed for longer trips. That’s what I do
Same here.
When i was driving every day, i charged to 100%.
Since i’m retired, i charge up to 85%…but when i plan trip over 100km, i charge 100%.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Jumping in!
If you click on the A/C menu there is an A/C eco option which I have used ever since I found it.
AC ECO PLUS is different than AC ECO.
Afaik it’s available in Range mode only.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
AC ECO PLUS is different than AC ECO.
Afaik it’s available in Range mode only.
what is different in eco plus?

feels like the car shuts off the hvac and just turns on the fans to a low setting.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I tried range mode for the first time this afternoon, in an attempt to stretch to the charger location I wanted to use. Two minutes later my wife was complaining about the temperature in the car (and I would have been in another minute). It was sunny, and 85º F outside.

A scramble ensued using several different apps to find a closer DCFC, while I battled the ridiculous DC-area traffic. Within a few minutes we were at an Electrify America location that had nothing but 150 KWh dispensers...all downrated to just 49 KWh for some unknown reason.

At least we just needed ten minutes or so to add enough juice to comfortably make it to the originally planned stop, where a 350 KWh dispenser peaked at 190 KWh.

Given range mode seems borderline unusable in temperatures >70º F, I programmed the individual mode to operate with normal drive mode, but with fully lowered suspension. I think this might be the better compromise to add a couple miles of range when on the edge, without turning the inside of the car into a sauna. Time will tell.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
70F (21c) is perfect? My airco temp is always on 21c, I don’t like my car feeling like a fridge, just a few degrees offset from outside temp works best. And then have the airco thermostate itself figure out how hard it needs to work.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
what is different in eco plus?

feels like the car shuts off the hvac and just turns on the fans to a low setting.
I guess so. I tried eco plus only once or twice, but it was not enough.
But i use eco mode most of the year.

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I charge daily at 50%. With that charge I never go below 20%. I only charge more than 50% when I know I am going to do more distance. Porsche recommends 20%-50% battery when storing the car for more than 2 weeks. That range seems to be the one that preserves the battery the most. Therefore I try to stay in it when I don't do long distances. (I don't mind plugging the car daily). I do think it is a much better approach than charging the car at 85% and charge it a few days after when the battery hits the 30% or 20%
Sponsored