Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just delete all timers and profiles.
It's probably a single bit that has been left or lost in the system after the update.
I've seen checkboxes unchecked/checked and after rechecking them the bit is (re)set again.
Sometimes it's just a single bit, it is still software you know...
Start new and fresh, it's a feature of the Taycan v.2.0.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just delete all timers and profiles.
It's probably a single bit that has been left or lost in the system after the update.
I've seen checkboxes unchecked/checked and after rechecking them the bit is (re)set again.
Sometimes it's just a single bit, it is still software you know...
Start new and fresh, it's a feature of the Taycan v.2.0.
That’s my new plan! ?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Appreciate the input. I can’t see anything’s changed, but post the update now won’t work. I think I willl do as you say, Untick and maybe do a trial run setting the timer to a time I’m about and seeing what happens.
Definitely a bug or an issue. Does starting/ending SOC and the time allowed (can it complete the charge in 4 hours for example) seem to have anything to do with it? What I am asking is what if you started at 30 and only set the end to something like 60% in those 4 hours, does it actually work then?

May be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Definitely a bug or an issue. Does starting/ending SOC and the time allowed (can it complete the charge in 4 hours for example) seem to have anything to do with it? What I am asking is what if you started at 30 and only set the end to something like 60% in those 4 hours, does it actually work then?

May be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
Hi, 4 hours does about 30% battery, and been doing this for 4 months, just topping up, sometimes over a couple of nights if not going too far. Charging between 1230-0430 costs me a 1/3 of the usual cost so worth doing.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Ok, so I give up. Set it up to charge half an hour after I got home as a trial run. Unticked all boxes, re ticked. Still no joy. Car comes back on as the screens light up but stays in paused mode.

Should now be charging but still paused

Porsche Taycan Will my car charge tonight? 42375957-2E82-4FE8-960C-9E050884B3C3

Deleted all profiles and reset. Same again. Won’t work.

Porsche Taycan Will my car charge tonight? B4908-A3-D-2-BBA-4-D62-9-D89-1-D73915-AD3-F6

So, basically now I’ve given up. My podpoint charge unit now allows you to set a timer and I’ve just tested this. Bit backward in terms of integration but seems to work on a basic level.

So, is it back to Porsche if I want my profile timers to work now? Been fine for 4 months until the software update. So far not impressed with the update. Can’t charge it anymore at night, more German text than before, and none of the annoyances I had before about setting being remembered have been fixed. Not best pleased overall.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So stupid question, will clicking on direct charge start charging when it’s paused?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
So stupid question, will clicking on direct charge start charging when it’s paused?
I think it would normally as direct charge over rules everything I believe. I’d need to try a timed charge again to check.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Right now the car is doing exactly what you are telling it to do from the settings you have in place.

Profile: If you connect the car below 30% SOC it will immediately charge no matter what time it is. If it is over 30% it will then pause and look what your timer wants it to do. I see you have set up cheap charge from 12:30 to 04:30 am. Is that when you have cheap charging or simply the 4 hours you want to charge?
Timer: You need to set a timer and check the box of a time to activate it. Your old timers had it charging to over 90 or 95% and I assume that pre-update one or both of those boxes was checked. This means that would then have done the following:

—if below 30% SOC immediately charged to 30% no matter what time it is.
—it would then start charging from 12:30 am to 04:30 am and try to get to 90/95%. If 11 kW or less it would probably never have gotten there and simply given you a 4 hr charge.

What I have done is:

Created a HOME profile and entered the times when my electricity is cheaper
Created a Timer with an 80% max charge at the time I leave on a daily basis

Works like a charm. But you have to use both Profile and Timer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Right now the car is doing exactly what you are telling it to do from the settings you have in place.

Profile: If you connect the car below 30% SOC it will immediately charge no matter what time it is. If it is over 30% it will then pause and look what your timer wants it to do. I see you have set up cheap charge from 12:30 to 04:30 am. Is that when you have cheap charging or simply the 4 hours you want to charge?
Timer: You need to set a timer and check the box of a time to activate it. Your old timers had it charging to over 90 or 95% and I assume that pre-update one or both of those boxes was checked. This means that would then have done the following:

—it would then start charging from 12:30 am to 04:30 am and try to get to 90/95%. If 11 kW or less it would probably never have gotten there and simply given you a 4 hr charge.

What I have done is:

That's precisely what I advised earlier but....

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it would normally as direct charge over rules everything I believe. I’d need to try a timed charge again to check.
Right, my only question was about step by step troubleshooting, rather than the exact outcome. If it was me I would:

1) Set up exactly as you have it for overnight low cost charging.
2) Wait for pause.
3) Turn on direct charging, confirm the process starts and charging starts.
4) Turn OFF direct charging (this establishes everything is ready to go),
5) Leave it alone overnight and see what the charge is in the morning.

This gives you a baseline that says its the charging logic that is faulty. Then try a smaller maximum charge to see WHY it is not even trying.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

What I have done is:

Hi, it’s not though. I don’t use timers so all Unchecked and the ones you see posted were just a couple of test ones that I have never In 4 months been ticked.
Yes, it will charge to 30% whatever and this is what I want. I then want it to charge from 1230-0430 and achieve whatever % that takes it to. I’ve been doing to is for 4 months with not one issue. Now post software update it doesn’t work? It clicks on at the time specified but doesn’t start a charging, it remains paused? I don’t need a timer and have never used one for 4 months?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
That's precisely what I advised earlier but....
appreciate the input but I’ll say again I’ve never used a timer in 4 months. Maybe posting the pick confused the issue, but timers didn’t give me anything as my schedule is varied. All I’ve done for 4 months is have a profile, if below 30% it charged to 30, the stopped then charged for 4 hours at the cheap rate and it would achieve where ever it got charge wise.

Post software update it now doesn’t work...

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it was a glitch that you saw unchecked boxes before and the car was acting as if they were on and that got resolved with the s/w update?

Why not try the suggestion this evening of a timer and see what happens?

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Maybe it was a glitch that you saw unchecked boxes before and the car was acting as if they were on and that got resolved with the s/w update?

Why not try the suggestion this evening of a timer and see what happens?
ive left it to charge to 100% several time so if they were ticked inadvertently it wouldn’t of charged freely as it was pre update would it?

Can try adding a timer but from memory the reason I didn’t is it asked for a daily schedule of when I was leaving to pre heat the car to y hits time, and I don’t have a regular leaving time so this wouldn’t have worked. I will have to read up on timers and have a go. Can I just set a timer to 100% and not have anything happen on a daily basis? I have the car pre heat when I unlock it so I normally unlock the car 5 minutes before I leave, as leaving time varies.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Leave the pre-heating of car unchecked in the timer....
Sponsored