JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
It could be a fault, a quirk or just an idiot operator... but there are several situations where the "auto" close function doesn't work on my car.

1) Park up and close all the windows - just have to keep the button pulled to get them to shut, and then slowly - not at auto speed
2) Multiple windows at the same time - try to pull 2 buttons to auto at the same time - only one will go up. When it's done you can do the next...

Auto close from the key works at fast speed and usually the windows seem to go down on auto OK, just seems to be an issue with closing on auto.

Anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Interesting. I had assumed from your thread title that your car had just forgotten the window end points. However I have noticed something similar when closing 2 windows together. I now only close 1 at a time and it works fine

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'd assumed I was just being clumsy when I've tried to close 2 windows together- now I know it's a "feature".

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
My passenger window doesn't go on auto and is really slow. On my wife's MB something similar happened and there was a reset procedure, I'm imagining there is a similar thing here. A quick google turned this one up, it's for a GT4, but I imagine the procedure is the same accross all porsches

OP
OP
JasMK

JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
My passenger window doesn't go on auto and is really slow. On my wife's MB something similar happened and there was a reset procedure, I'm imagining there is a similar thing here. A quick google turned this one up, it's for a GT4, but I imagine the procedure is the same accross all porsches
OK that's worth a try!

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
I had the identical problem (slow, continuous hold passenger and driver windows) and the do-it-yourself reset didn’t work. Took it in and after half a day was told they had “reprogrammed” it. It not works as designed about 95% of the time. The remaining 5% I attribute to an ID-10t error.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
It could be a fault, a quirk or just an idiot operator... but there are several situations where the "auto" close function doesn't work on my car.

1) Park up and close all the windows - just have to keep the button pulled to get them to shut, and then slowly - not at auto speed
2) Multiple windows at the same time - try to pull 2 buttons to auto at the same time - only one will go up. When it's done you can do the next...

Auto close from the key works at fast speed and usually the windows seem to go down on auto OK, just seems to be an issue with closing on auto.

Anyone else seen this?
This may provide some guidance. Page 277 USA manual 2020 MY.
Hope this helps.

Porsche Taycan Window Operation - Auto IMG_5648
Sponsored