Windshield wipers in service position (vertical)

okgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (2022)
Country flag
Hi guys,

need your help: tried today to put wipers in a service position in accordance with manual:
1) turn power on
2) hold power button until dashboard is off (main screen and radio still remains on)
3) press the wiper stalk down and nothing happened :(
Tried with both door closed and opened - same result, no "service position".

Am I missing something?
Do you sit and wait in the car until all screens are turned off?
How long do you keep wiper stalk in downward position, before releasing it?

Just in case it's on 4S'22
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
It works with the door open, too. Make sure the hood is NOT raised when you do this.

To raise the wipers into the service position: With the system in the operational state, hold power button to shut the system down. Within a few seconds of shutdown, push and hold the wiper stalk down for about one second, release, and wipers will rise to the service position.

To put the wipers back down: power up the system, push and hold the wiper stalk down for about one second and release.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It works with the door open, too. Make sure the hood is NOT raised when you do this.

To raise the wipers into the service position: With the system in the operational state, hold power button to shut the system down. Within a few seconds of shutdown, push and hold the wiper stalk down for about one second, release, and wipers will rise to the service position.

To put the wipers back down: power up the system, push and hold the wiper stalk down for about one second and release.

Enjoy!
Ok - on power off power is cut totally as soon as the door is opened - perhaps different per region - must re-check next time I wash the car.

OP
OP

okgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (2022)
Country flag
Thanks, guys. I did it!
The main point is to do it "within a few seconds of shutdown", as faroutinNM mentioned. And shutdown is not when everything is turned off on the dashboard, as I thought before, but almost immediately after holding power off for few seconds and gauges start to disappear / Taycan logo appears

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Ok - on power off power is cut totally as soon as the door is opened - perhaps different per region - must re-check next time I wash the car.
Ah, so in some regions other than US (lovely Scotland, for instance), you would have to leave the door closed. So, I guess in those regions, if you open the door you don't even have standby power to run the wiper motor?

FrozenGrey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
So I'm based in the UK and just tried this.....Nothing happened

Process:
Power On
Power Off (I've tried opening the door after and leaving it closed)
Press and hold wiper stalk for couple of seconds ( I've tried anywhere from 1 second to 4,5,6 seconds)
Nothing Happens

Any suggestions ?

OP
OP

okgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (2022)
Country flag

Process:
Power On
Press and hold wiper stalk for couple of seconds ( I've tried anywhere from 1 second to 4,5,6 seconds)
Nothing Happens

Any suggestions ?
High chances the time interval between "power off" and the moment you push wiper stalk down is too long. And it has nothing to do with the door. Just keep it closed.

Try
1) press power button (to power off) until picture on the dashboard just starts changing (usually within 1-2 seconds after pressing power button) and release it, don't hold further and don't wait
2) immediately after releasing power button push wiper stalk down and release (within 1 second, don't hold it)

Shall work. If still not, will make a video and post

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Process:
Power On
Nothing Happens

Any suggestions ?
As explained earlier - really simple and documented in the Porsche Good to Know App if you need pictures etc.

1. Power off
2. Push the wiper stalk down once as if to flick wipe - 1 sec or so (or 1 Mississippi!)
3. Service mode reached

If you open the door after power off and before you've attempted service mode the power is cut and it won't work - the door comment is therefore significant.

Once in service mode, to place back to normal:

1. Power on
2. Push the wiper stalk down once as if to flick wipe - 2 sec (or 2 Mississippis)

Porsche Taycan Windshield wipers in service position (vertical) 20220207_123244000_iOS
Sponsored