mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Where did you buy the Pirelli's from and how much? I got quoted 8k for winter wheels and tires from the dealership too and not sure if I could get it cheaper somewhere else
[/QUOTE
I got the tires alone directly from my dealership, and have them swapped on and off of my Turbo Aero wheels at my dealership.
Sponsored

Ebabins

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That’s great! Where did you go? And what kind of tires/wheels did you get?

How has the car been in the Calgary winters?
KDF auto in the ne. I can’t remember the name of the wheels (he stores them for me in the summer) and I believe they are pirelli tires. Only 1 winter so far.

OP
OP
JonS1234

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I haven't read the whole thread yet. I bought my winters before i even take delivery of my Cross Turismo. I am just going to Swap the tires on my 21 inch Porsche Design Cross Turismo rim. That saves $6K. I was going to buy the $10K set with the tire on rim that is the same Design as my regular Rim. But when i come to my senses, i have tire and rim protection and spending another $6K to look the same as buying only the Winter tires doesn't make financial sense.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the best option if you have 20" rims, as you can get a set of tires for 2K, unfortunately I have 21" Mission E's, winter tires alone are almost 5K so I went with the 20" Tire/Rim OEM package from Porsche, which was over $7K, as smaller tire recommended in winter.
If it is me, assuming the car is not secondhand. I paid an arm and a leg for Mission E rim. Why on earth i would want more than half a year without them on my car. I would have chose $5K to just swap the tires vs $7K ugly rim + tire.

OP
OP
JonS1234

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
Did you sell your Taycan already?
Yeah it went a while back, I sometimes wish I’d kept it around but selling it to the dealer for a profit doesn’t happen that often.

I’ll take a look at the 2025 model or the Aston/Lucid combo next.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah it went a while back, I sometimes wish I’d kept it around but selling it to the dealer for a profit doesn’t happen that often.

I’ll take a look at the 2025 model or the Aston/Lucid combo next.
Yeah that's swell. If its me, i probably fall for a 911 or even wait to get a Artura Or somewhere along there. The EV is fun while it lasted.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Does anyone have experience running Mission E wheels during the summer and 20" wheels during the winter? I have seen some comments elsewhere on this forum that there are potential issues with the larger brakes that come with Mission E's when you move down to 20" wheels.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone have experience running Mission E wheels during the summer and 20" wheels during the winter? I have seen some comments elsewhere on this forum that there are potential issues with the larger brakes that come with Mission E's when you move down to 20" wheels.
Makes sense. But dealership should be able to guide u to a proper set for your Taycan.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
No problems at all with the 20 Inch wheels. The 19 inch are not suitable for the Taycan with the large discs.

I have 20 inch MAK wheels for winter use. If you use the guide pins to shift wheels it is very easy to do.

Porsche Taycan Winter Tire Advice 1694444868219

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
I’m in calgary. I have 2020 4s with stock 21 in rims and all seasons for the summer. I bought 20 inch rims and winter tires. For me it’s a no brainer.
Could you please share what 20 inch rims/tires brand you got? Will be doing the same and putting away my mission e 21's for spring/summer/fall.

Svaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Model S
Country flag
Hello. Brand new 2024 Taycan 4S owner here (well, not quite yet). Supposed to be picking up our car in 18 days. Long time and current Model S owner and former Lexus owner.

Looking for some advice on winter wheels/tires as well. I’ve seen the offer from Porsche but seems like a cash grab. I typically buy all of my Wheels/Tires from Tires23 in Mississauga. Currently use Michelin X-Ice on my Model S (in the winter) and they are great, not quite as good as the Nokians I once had but quieter, which is important to me. I have 21” wheels but don’t mind going down to 20s for the winter. Any thoughts on which wheels/tires will work?

Fearlesscal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS250, Taycan GTS (looking)
Country flag
I’m sort if in the same boat but maybe a month away (car is in Emdem - and hoping it’ll be on the boat leaving today).

Getting a quote from Tire23 for the Pirelli P-Zero winter and the Nokian R5 EV. Technically the Nokians don’t have the speed rating (250km/h vs 190km/h) but does that really matter? I can’t see any situation I’d be going past 130 on winters 😝.

The dealer markup on the tire itself doesn’t seem terrible - but it’s the Porsche branded rim that you pay for. You can probably get whatever fancy rim you want for the same price.
Sponsored