mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I've had over a dozen different PCM glitches over past year (recurring at different rates), and you know what.. screw Porsche for not patching these. Some ppl claim they had ZERO issues, good for them. If the non-glitchy PCM software exists, why can't Porsche roll it out to EVERYONE? 🤬
Sponsored

Last edited:

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Yes please do mention it, I hardly took it seriously considering I watched a total of 50 seconds to work out the guy is a tool 😉. I am not offended by him, I assume you are dutch, we British can smell a tool at a thousand paces and particularly a fellow Englishman behaving like a tool 🤣
No, I'm British.

Ok so I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and watch this video, I‘m sorry but he spent most of this video reading comments directed at him, if he wasn’t bothered then why create a video about them and read them out?? He is sooooo bothered 😅
Because it creates activity on his channel. You went back and watched the video, didn't you? He knows exactly what he's doing. It's clickbait, and he does it on purpose to generate traffic. It's "tongue-in-cheek" because he knows we know it's clickbait (it's a long-running joke that he does clickbait, and he openly acknowledges it), but it still does its job. It's hard for you to pick up on this when you're not a regular viewer, but he jokes that he knows he sometimes does clickbait. He mainly does food blogs reviewing restaurants and takeaways, and often those YouTube thumbnails are clickbait. I watch every video he does (he uploads every day) and there are many videos where he's actually doing a restaurant vlog but he'll mention his Taycan is back at the dealer's getting something else fixed, and that's genuine. He's had a lot of bad luck with it. It can't be that bad, however, because he emailed me yesterday that he's got a Turbo S on the way.

As for reading comments that are directed at him, have you never seen the genre of videos where celebrities read out insulting comments from the internet that are directed at them? It's funny.

I am really trying to be objective here so I watched some more of the original video. Now he already knows there are more EV chargers along the M1 but because his sat nav said take the A1 which he didn’t want to do he took it!!! It’s like the car has taken control of this guy and he must do as the Taycan says 😂
He knows this, but it wouldn't create a very interesting video. Yes, I've screamed at the TV at that video and others he's done where he's making out something is a certain way but the reality is it's not, but I've learned to accept it for what it is. His videos are not aimed at Taycan owners, or even EV owners. The vast majority of his subscribers are watching his videos for the food and travel.

Last edited:

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
No, I'm British.

Because it creates activity on his channel. You went back and watched the video, didn't you? He knows exactly what he's doing. It's clickbait, and he does it on purpose to generate traffic. It's "tongue-in-cheek" because he knows we know it's clickbait (it's a long-running joke that he does clickbait, and he openly acknowledges it), but it still does its job. It's hard for you to pick up on this when you're not a regular viewer, but he jokes that he knows he sometimes does clickbait. He mainly does food blogs reviewing restaurants and takeaways, and often those YouTube thumbnails are clickbait. I watch every video he does (he uploads every day) and there are many videos where he's actually doing a restaurant vlog but he'll mention his Taycan is back at the dealer's getting something else fixed, and that's genuine. He's had a lot of bad luck with it. It can't be that bad, however, because he emailed me yesterday that he's got a Turbo S on the way.

As for reading comments that are directed at him, have you never seen the genre of videos where celebrities read out insulting comments from the internet that are directed at them? It's funny.

He knows this, but it wouldn't create a very interesting video. Yes, I've screamed at the TV at that video and others he's done where he's making out something is a certain way but the reality is it's not, but I've learned to accept it for what it is. His videos are not aimed at Taycan owners, or even EV owners. The vast majority of his subscribers are watching his videos for the food and travel.
The truth is he looks like my brother -in-law and I cant stand my brother-in-law so he didnt have much chance to start with :)

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
You will get the brand new hardware/software combination. Also, only less than 1% of the people have real issues. I have seen informal surveys done on different about this and that less than 1% is quite accurate. I think the problems some people had were not only due to software but also some hardware glitches. With your 2022, you can expect a much stable car overall for sure. I have a 2022 built in November 2021 (older version of the hardware and software for the PCM) and I do not have any issues at all.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
You will get the brand new hardware/software combination. Also, only less than 1% of the people have real issues. I have seen informal surveys done on different about this and that less than 1% is quite accurate. I think the problems some people had were not only due to software but also some hardware glitches. With your 2022, you can expect a much stable car overall for sure. I have a 2022 built in November 2021 (older version of the hardware and software for the PCM) and I do not have any issues at all.
I have a mid-October 2022 2021 build and I have tons of PCM problems. Occasional rebooting during driving, failure to boot at startup, frozen screens or broken buttons, etc.

Last edited:

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I have a mid-October 2022 build and I have tons of PCM problems. Occasional rebooting during driving, failure to boot at startup, frozen screens or broken buttons, etc.
I have a build around the same time: mid October 2021 (I assume your year was wrong). I used to have problems connecting with my iPhone several times a week (CarPlay wouldn't load, I would get connection error messages, etc.). But after my car came back from my local Porsche dealer after the WNA5 update, CarPlay has been pretty much bullet proof. Some posters on here have said that this improvement was not related to the WNA5 update but instead was related to rebooting the car at the dealer. I don't know.
My recommendation would be to make a list of the things you see and then schedule a service appointment. You deserve a working PCM.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a build around the same time: mid October 2021 (I assume your year was wrong). I used to have problems connecting with my iPhone several times a week (CarPlay wouldn't load, I would get connection error messages, etc.). But after my car came back from my local Porsche dealer after the WNA5 update, CarPlay has been pretty much bullet proof. Some posters on here have said that this improvement was not related to the WNA5 update but instead was related to rebooting the car at the dealer. I don't know.
My recommendation would be to make a list of the things you see and then schedule a service appointment. You deserve a working PCM.
Thanks, I did mean 2021 build date. 2022 MY. I have the WNA5 update but I have already had my PCM not boot at startup since then and it just displayed the Porsche logo for my drive until I turned the car off.

SolitaryMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet!
Country flag
It's "tongue-in-cheek" because he knows we know it's clickbait (it's a long-running joke that he does clickbait, and he openly acknowledges it),
This confirms my initial thoughts after watching some of that video, David Brent is now making YouTube videos about cars. “Oooh, controversial!” 🙄

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have a mid-October 2022 2021 build and I have tons of PCM problems. Occasional rebooting during driving, failure to boot at startup, frozen screens or broken buttons, etc.
I hear you but the vast majority of users have no issues. I think it may also depends on the options you selected.... for example, Innodrive, dynamic cruise controls, heads up display, lane change warnings etc etc. I personnally took none of those as I like driving and didn't want any of those features in my car. Each additional option is an additional software loaded in the car obviously including additional hardware modules.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I hear you but the vast majority of users have no issues. I think it may also depends on the options you selected.... for example, Innodrive, dynamic cruise controls, heads up display, lane change warnings etc etc. I personnally took none of those as I like driving and didn't want any of those features in my car. Each additional option is an additional software loaded in the car obviously including additional hardware modules.
I have no options. Just RAS, Burmester, leather, PB+ and Mission-E wheels. Those are the only options I have.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Like many people on here I have been waiting for my Taycan for what seems like forever (since April 2021)..but it’s due to arrive end of July 2022 (hopefully).

So I watch every YouTube review/video I can to keep me entertained waiting for the car to arrive.

Reading some of the posts on here is unnerving in particular with software issues.

This video shows the PCM crashing (forward to around 19:05 mins in)

Luckily I am a software developer so can probably work around it, but just wanted to gauge peoples opinions on if this is something that happens often or more down to bad luck with that particular vehicle.

So MacMaster's latest video has just been uploaded. This time he talks about having the latest uPdate installed, and it's removed his keyless entry. However, he doesn't make clear whether he paid for Keyless entry in the first place. Is this a thing that has been happening with the uPdates?

Here's his latest video...

I actually met MacMaster in July, in the UK. We were in discussions to film my new Taycan on a trans-European journey. However, this will not be happening now because his videos are just unwatchable, clickbait, and I don't want to be associated with him. On top of that, he mutes people calling him out in the comments section of his YouTube channel. About a week ago he did another video on his Taycan, and it was just out-and-out false what he was saying, so I made a few comments correcting his lies, until I thought it was odd that I wasn't getting any response. So I looked again at the comments section of that particular video on my wife's account, and my comments were not visible! So I did a bit of digging and it turns out a creator can "mute" people without them knowing. So I was commenting away without anybody being able to see my posts.

How pathetic.
Sponsored