tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Black and bordeaux look great and will look excellent with a Gentian exterior.

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
Don’t forget to spec the $0 smoking kit (under interior comfort), not for smoking in the car, but to give you a covered cup for spare change in one of the cupholder spots

OP
OP

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
Thanks for your input. We have changed our minds many times. Agree that three main colors is too much; before counting the differentseat belts and trim, we had four or five. Way too busy!!!

Our current leading contender is two primary color (Black/Limestone) and this time keeping the OEM seatbelts black. Also changed the Neodyme to black to reduce one additional color originally proposed.

Again with a Gentian exterior, now planing to go this way — but of course with us until the order is finally placed, further changes can always happen. Input still appreciated! We realize ours below is still way far from one-color calm… TU.

Porsche Taycan Your Input Please: Interior Options Under Consideration IMG_4268

Iluvcarats

First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Your opinion/thoughts, please: No kids (nor pets) will be here other than very occasionally.

It will be Gentian Blue…

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3820.jpeg

IMG_3821.jpeg
I love the two color option. The blue is beautiful with the grey, and it's unique. However I don't care for the rose gold trim.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
However I don't care for the rose gold trim.
Neodyme isn’t rose gold in reality, it is a pale satin gold which looks much nicer in the flesh than on the configurator. I selected it after seeing the real thing and couldn’t be happier with it on my blackberry interior.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Imagine how non-exciting it would be if every Taycan was literally identical to every other one.
They’d depreciate even further/faster.

Sorry, couldn’t help it. I’m rather partial to your more recent combo. Bold exterior color goes with monochromatic accents/interior IMO.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They’d depreciate even further/faster.
Would they though? I am not saying you are wrong, but I do wonder. Does the large customizability of the Taycan help or hurt resale values? In a traditional car depreciation model, options depreciate to practically 0% after 4 years. Options make up a large portion of most Taycan orders MSRP, which IMO creates a higher depreciation. Then there is second hand buyer who falls in love with some options combination, then is not willing to buy car which are not close, and for cars which have additional options, they are not valuing them at all, therefore not willing to pay for them (or worse, want a discount for an undesirable option).

In the end, I am not sure whether or not the customizability of Taycans helps or hurts the resale value. That said, I personally don't believe Taycans are depreciating any faster them most luxury sedans - 100% depreciation of options and 50% base trim depreciation after 4 years. That is a rough formula that I've seen for many years before the pandemic. Sure, during the pandemic Taycans actually appreciated, but that's a very unusual market during which all used cars jumped over 40% year-to-year, so of course if you got a new Taycan at MSRP you could sell it for more a year later. I bough my Taycan nearly at MSRP (negotiated slightly below), and I was not kidding myself about the resale value 4 years down the road. I am really baffled by people freaking out about a loaded 4 year old Taycan selling at 50% MSRP.

For anyone who really cares about resale value, buy lowest trim with no options, your percentage depreciation will be the lowest. For a Taycan, perhaps a Taycan 4 CT with no option would be that sweet spot for depreciation. It was definitely true for Gen 1, as the CT came to market late, so to this day, they seem to have the lowest percentage depreciation of all Taycans.

All that said, most of the joy of ordering a custom new Taycan is the ability to personalize it - get the exact car you want. Resale value be damned - trust me, nobody will be willing to pay for your choice of deviated stitching or the PTS+ color which matches your wife's eyes (ok maybe if your wife leaves you for another guy who will value it to some degree in the divorce sale).

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Colour and interior choices are very subjective.

I find the three colour too fussy.

I generally like lighter coloured seats and trim elements in a car when done well. But am rarely enamoured with Porsche interior colours.

I do love my GTS interior. Ideally it'd have the crayon accents, but it's nice and subtle as it is and beggars can't be choosers 😁

My 911 had a Metropole blue interior - normally wouldn't have touched it, but it looked great IMO.

Of the options above I prefer the first.

Also not a fan of neodyme, but I can imagine it looking good against some contrasting interiors if you like that sort of thing.
Sponsored