Please review my options list! Lock date soon. Opinions Welcome!

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
The high gloss window trim, a $400 option, replaces the chrome trim around the side windows
20210213_114239_resized.jpg

I would get this option because I don't want any chrome on the car.

There are other high gloss options like the door handles, mirrors and a few others that I don't think are necessary.

The Taycan doesn't have that trim around the windshield like your 911 anyway.

On my I-Pace I had to get all the chrome done in high gloss vinyl, but it came out good. It's just never as perfect as factory and it ended up costing me more

Here is a vinyl door trim kit for the Taycan that's $150 but requires installation
https://www.vividracing.com/aero-chrome-delete-vinyl-kit-gloss-black-porsche-taycan-p-153813122.html

You definitely want to replace the side markers before you take delivery. It's a cheap replacement the dealer can do - $200

A controversial one is the lowering links that I plan on doing
https://www.vividracing.com/-p-1534..._p2zG9reGJ-73j1xi83jD6IVYHdMUenBoCgl8QAvD_BwE

I always black out the rear reflectors to keep it uniform
2021-porsche-taycan-rear-view-carbuzz-693570.jpg
@Mr.Smith you are proving yourself a great resource. I believe your handle should be "Mr.Porsche."

That aside, I love the look with the high gloss and imagine it would be a complete look if the windows were also tinted. Would you recommend having Porsche do this, or would it be more economical to go elsewhere?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
@Mr.Smith you are proving yourself a great resource. I believe your handle should be "Mr.Porsche."

That aside, I love the look with the high gloss and imagine it would be a complete look if the windows were also tinted. Would you recommend having Porsche do this, or would it be more economical to go elsewhere?
Much appreciated. I like to get really deep into details, like the types of screws they use under the hood, types of metal stamping etc

It would look amazing with tint. Im going with 35% nano ceramic tint, 70% on the windshield.

Never get tint, ceramic coating, PPF at a dealer, they outsource and aren't as detailed as specialty shops. Its how dealers make money

Other things I would do, especially because you are keeping the car for a long time is PPF, windshield protection (to protect against small rock chips on the glass) and ceramic coating (sacrificial layer of clear coat) then you dont need to wax the car and they put on on your black gloss trim so it last longer and wont fade. This will require a full paint correction the second it rolls off the boat. Porsches paint is always flawed from the factory

tuptaycan4S

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, this has been a journey and I've learned a lot from this group. That said, I still have some apprehension about the options list - I am way over budget and skipping some non-essential stuff like simulated sound. Please take a look and let me know if I am making any mistakes, THANK YOU!

1. Neptune Blue/Chalk leather and logo on front headrest (wanted to consider race-tex but I cannot find it anywhere here)
2. Performance Plus Battery and onboard 150 kw charger (also buying the Tesla Tap adapter)
3. Rear axle steering/adaptive air suspension (my wife has "issues" with parallel parking)
4. 20 inch Turbo Aero wheels with colored Porsche center crest
5. Premium Package (now includes retractable side mirrors!)
6. Innodrive, ACC and LKA (trying to future proof the car)
7. Intelligent Range Manager (again, future proofing move)
8. Rear 2+1 seats (don't need them as my kids are grown but I expect it to help resale)
9. Deletion of model designation (because I'm a minimalist at heart)

Please weigh in and don't hold back! I can take it! Thank you.
wonder why you disagree a third seat won't help resale. In 5-10 years when I resell the car, I expect a young family might want it. Kids have friends and we always needed a full second row (and sometimes a third row) to handle them all. When the husband says to the wife "look at this Porsche," she'll say "idiot, it doesn't have a full back row, grow up" unless I go for that option.
I would make sure you have sport package so as to include PDCC. The combination of rear wheel steer and PDCC is outstanding in terms of handling. I did not get it on my 4s and regret it daily.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61