TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Can anyone please clarify if there's any reason NOT to get PDCC (ignoring price)? I've read that it might reduce range, but that's not a concern. I've also read it might make the suspension better - is that true? If it makes only a small difference I'll add it, but as we're not going to be racing I don't want to add something that could potentially make it worse as a daily drive. It's the only option I'm left deliberating on - except perhaps the carbon fibre wheel.
Sponsored

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I
Can anyone please clarify if there's any reason NOT to get PDCC (ignoring price)? I've read that it might reduce range, but that's not a concern. I've also read it might make the suspension better - is that true? If it makes only a small difference I'll add it, but as we're not going to be racing I don't want to add something that could potentially make it worse as a daily drive. It's the only option I'm left deliberating on - except perhaps the carbon fibre wheel.
I’ve added it to my specification having had it on my 991.2 GTS Targa. I had a 991.1 GTS prior to that without PDCC, and the ride quality on the Targa was much better. That may, of course, be because the Targa has a softer suspension setting than the equivalent coupe - I don’t know.

My logic is that the Taycan is a heavy car (albeit with a low centre of gravity), and I imagine that must create a higher degree of body movement in corners and roundabouts. From what I have read about PDCC, this helps neutralise that movement. If I have understood all of that correctly, then it seems a good choice to me.

Reactions: B61

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I

I’ve added it to my specification having had it on my 991.2 GTS Targa. I had a 991.1 GTS prior to that without PDCC, and the ride quality on the Targa was much better. That may, of course, be because the Targa has a softer suspension setting than the equivalent coupe - I don’t know.

My logic is that the Taycan is a heavy car (albeit with a low centre of gravity), and I imagine that must create a higher degree of body movement in corners and roundabouts. From what I have read about PDCC, this helps neutralise that movement. If I have understood all of that correctly, then it seems a good choice to me.
Porsche claims the PDCC system not only reduces body roll, but also absorbs bumps and poor road conditions better.

So the better ride of your Targa was probably due to PDCC

PDCC adds extra weight, but if it improves the ride quality and you don't mind spending the additional money, I would go for it

The 2 negatives are weight and cost. The Taycan is already so heavy, what's an extra few hundred pounds

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Here is my spec thus far.
Paint to sample I’m going with voodoo blue

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7HZKC6
Beautiful spec! Did they give you an estimate on what additional production time, if any, would be required with the PTS option? I'm specifying a Turbo Cross Turismo in PTS Meteor Grey, but have oscillated on whether to stay that route or just go with Ice Grey or Volcano Grey with a satin wrap.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Here's my build: PNKG4N46

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Here's my build. 2021, ordered in June, expecting delivery in September. Think I got the last possible '21 but not complaining because I actually got one lol. PMDKNMD0 - only change from this is I dropped the 14 ways/massage to the 18 ways.

Cannot wait. Girlfriend is convinced the green is too bright and overkill and is going to get me pulled over every other mile but... this is my first Porsche, going big with the Turbo S, so hey.

1627721183508.png
Waiting at the dealer for the AMC1 recall update, then I can pick it up. Here's what it turned out like irl:
Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 1634605179973

Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 1634605197692

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
My dealer sent me the updated print out of status. We had to move from an October ollocation to December In order to do PTS as they only do PTS on certain months. As such my build locks (v250) in November and is delivered first week of February. Assuming no delays?

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Picked up my Turbo S a few weeks ago, but today was the first day where the sun put its hat on, hip-hip-hooray, so I could take some pictures.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7G25B4

I don't have anything hugely bespoke, but the following were hard for me to choose based on a lack of real pictures, so here's some
  • Wheels painted in Exterior Colour
  • Exterior mirror upper trims in Carbon
  • PCCB with brake calipers in black
  • Heated steering wheel with carbon trim

Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 22-01-09_Taycan-001
Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 22-01-09_Taycan-013
Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 22-01-09_Taycan-052
Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 22-01-09_Taycan-064
Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 22-01-09_Taycan-068

I also added the following, but forgot to take pics of it:
  • Basalt Black/Atacama Beige two-tone Club Leather Interior Olea
  • Accent Package Darksilver

Overall, absolutely delighted with it and a huge upgrade on my Turbo. The only thing I'd consider for next time is whether to bother with the carbon trim steering wheel.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
  • Exterior mirror upper trims in Carbon
That's a relatively rare – and expensive – option. I actually saw it in person in my Porsche Centre recently. It's a lovely feature for the Turbo S – with the carbon already on the exterior.

Its hard to get pictures of the internal carbon in the Turbo S. Would be great if you could post some pictures of that here.

Is it matt carbon – and does the carbon in your steering wheel match it – as in the same style, colour, texture as what's in the door inlays?

Thank you!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Overall, absolutely delighted with it and a huge upgrade on my Turbo.
Could you expand on why you feel its an upgrade on your Turbo – especially in day-to-day driving. Is it in increased performance you can feel or more to do with the visual changes/enhancements. I found your comment interesting as I would expect the move from a Turbo to Turbo S to be much less than my potential 4S to Turbo S!

The only thing I'd consider for next time is whether to bother with the carbon trim steering wheel.
Is that because you find it a bit subtle/pointless for the additional cost – or is there something you don't like about the look of it. Does the carbon make it look "wrong" to you?

I have a 4S and have spent that past year thinking about moving to a Turbo S. The carbon wheel is currently on my list – hence the questions.

Ironically, one of the things I'd love about the Turbo S is the yellow callipers – I think they'd go great with Neptune Blue – but I agree the black ones on your spec makes a lot more sense. A bit mad that its not a free option on Turbo S.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Overall, absolutely delighted with it and a huge upgrade on my Turbo. The only thing I'd consider for next time is whether to bother with the carbon trim steering wheel.
I decided against it. Gets a little lost as the only carbon on the upper trim are on the doors. Part of why I chose the Passenger display as I didn't want too much piano black trim.

That's a relatively rare – and expensive – option. I actually saw it in person in my Porsche Centre recently. It's a lovely feature for the Turbo S – with the carbon already on the exterior.

Its hard to get pictures of the internal carbon in the Turbo S. Would be great if you could post some pictures of that here.

Is it matt carbon – and does the carbon in your steering wheel match it – as in the same style, colour, texture as what's in the door inlays?

Thank you!
I was tempted to spec the carbon mirrors as they look amazing. However being from London they'd probably get damaged or someone with sticky fingers would take a shine to them. Dealer said they cost £1700 to replace. Kind of made up my mind. Tbh I like the splash of colour I see from the mirrors while driving.

The matt carbon is more of a satin than matt so has a smooth texture to it. All interior carbon is the same regardless if door trim, steering wheel, side sills etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Could you expand on why you feel its an upgrade on your Turbo – especially in day-to-day driving. Is it in increased performance you can feel or more to do with the visual changes/enhancements.
Purely cosmetics. I will always remember asking on these forums for advice on my original spec and being told I'll regret what I didn't tick, rather than the price of what I did. My wife put me on a budget, which resulted in 20" Sport Aero wheels, and I then picked the wrong colour by only seeing it in a showroom compared to out in the real, hideous world that is the British/Irish weather.

I feel a lighter colour shows off the lines of the car and the Mission E wheels make a huge difference. I also used this upgrade as an opportunity to add other things, which so far I can't really comment on their usefulness, due to my lack of driving time and lack of experience as a driver, i.e. PDCC, Passenger Display, Burmester, Night View Assist. I did try out the Remote ParkAssist, which does come with a set of other features, but the Remote ParkAssist itself seems rather pointless.

The Turbo's looks just didn't sit right with me and I ordered the Turbo S less than a week after taking delivery. Not that the attention of the car should be a deciding factor, but I never saw a single person care to take a picture of the Turbo, whilst now in the Turbo S it's like a magnet - the masses have spoken and they agree on the wheels and colour. Yesterday we came back to the car and saw someone photographing it, who upon realising it was our car and we had a baby just laughed and walked away. That's comforting - my family vehicle choice scores me idiot points.

Is that because you find it a bit subtle/pointless for the additional cost – or is there something you don't like about the look of it. Does the carbon make it look "wrong" to you?
It's just too subtle - there's nothing wrong with it, but nothing that makes me feel it was worth it. I think you are likely to miss it if someone doesn't point it out to you.

I'll try and capture some extra photos for you of the interior
Sponsored