So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters...

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Raek, Jul 18, 2019.

1. felixtb

felixtb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    felix
    Vehicles:
    Porsche: Taycan ordered; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, 3, new roadster reserved
    architect
    i’m sure it might look amazing in some peoples eyes. but MPawelek is right, you are comparing apples and oranges........ in my humble opinion it would compare better with the tesla model s and in some circumstances with the model 3....... and to some extent as well with the bmw i8........ but not with the new corvette.......?!! one is an electric 4 seater with 4 doors the other a mid-ice-engined two seater with two doors....... the only thing they have in common is that they are both new to the market and they are both supposed to be in a sports segment......

randkin likes this.
  2. PP4EH

PP4EH Active Member

First Name:
    Min
    Vehicles:
    Panamera E hybrid
    Jesus another one of you moaners

3. King Art

King Art Member

First Name:
    Art
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Macan Turbo
    Your
    I'm simply making a point here. By echoing the voices of others Ive spoken too and read from forums.
    I never considered another Sportscar, electric or not until seeing the Corvette. Yes they are completely different. Combustion vs Electric.
    I get that and completely understand that. Point made. This forum is not a dealership. Nor is it a marketing ad campaign or strategy. This is an online group of
    car enthusiasts who are looking at BUYING DECISIONS based on the information given to us by most of ours preferred brand named Porsche.
    Unless your all just so wealthy and don't care for your hard earned cash and will buy any and everything I had one simple point.
    Not of engine comparisons, but of new sports vehicles that are sooner to be made on the market many potential buyer are now considering buying.

If you are 100% giving Porsche blind faith and feel ok with the current Mules in your purchase if that's what it ends of being. All the best to you.
    However in the case it doesn't turn out as favorable as we all would like, the idea of other options will arise whether we like it or not. As I'm
    sure we all work our asses off for our hard earned cash and being deserving of the car that's being shown to us for the most part; the MISSION E images.
    Isn't that what we all really want in the end right?

4. PP4EH

PP4EH Active Member

First Name:
    Min
    Vehicles:
    Panamera E hybrid
    Without being to rude no one here cares if you buy a taycan not buy it, buy a Jeep a grilled sandwich whatever you want!
    I support you.

Stop polluting the thread.

5. TheSnape

TheSnape Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Ford Fiesta
    I can't fault that, I'd probably do the same in your position (though I'd probably err towards the BMW 8-series Gran Coupe)

However, I would urge you to keep the faith, many of the panels on the mules are fake, and even the most recently photographed mules still have fake panels on. And it would be illegal for Porsche to keep marketing the Mission E if the finished car was significantly different

6. Paulo

Paulo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Paulo
    Vehicles:
    1898 Porsche P1
    I´m going to buy a Taycan or a C8? My advise! Try to figure out what you want (apparently you dont know) first and then make a decision! Jesus, reminds me of the people that ask me should i buy a 964 or a 996?a 993 or a 997) My answer usually is "Get your crap together first"

TheSnape and PP4EH like this.
  7. DrParis

DrParis Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicles:
    2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
    Agree. It’s easily going to cost 120k or more we’ll equ. I’m not at all sure it’s worth it with an outdated battery

Haros likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicles:
    2014 Porsche Cayman
    Not sure where you got the idea the battery is outdated. My impression is Porsche's next generation of EVs will not be built on the J1 platform that the Taycan is but something else. As for the batteries, Porsche has a number of programs involved in pushing toward lighter batteries (probably solid state), but can't imagine these will be ready for production in less than 5 years or more.

I think many of the people who own first generation EVs (I'm one of those) realize that this is the infancy of the EVs and the technology will be changing rapidly as more is learned. It's a negative of being involved with a new technology at it's start.

9. Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vim
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Panamera GTS
    I agree with you that the new C8 should be one hell of a car, and it will look better than just about anything else on the road. Based on my experience at a lot of races and track events, Corvettes are the best bang for the buck by a factor of 2 or more for sure. I think the mid-engine will be very tough to beat on the track with any rear-engined Porsche.

The exterior styling is gorgeous, I just can't stand the interiors. My main complaint is they aren't anywhere near as satisfying to drive as a Porsche. The difference is in how connected you are to the machine and to the road. If you want a powerful two seater that will handle and put down track times better than anything within double it's price, then a Corvette is a logical choice.

I just don't see how you can be making a choice between the Taycan, an all-electric sedan, and the Corvette. If you were talking GT3 vs Vette I'd understand, but I think you're
    comparing apples to oranges here.

randkin, Skipbert71 and TheSnape like this.
  10. King Art

King Art Member

First Name:
    Art
    Vehicles:
    Porsche Macan Turbo
    Fellas! I'm on your side. I COMPLETELY AGREE, It is Apples & Oranges. Its two completely different cars. MY POINT WAS, In the case the TAYCAN does not meet
    the expectations of many of the enthusiasts on this forum, do you have other considerations? The obvious Apples to Apples answer is TESLA, BMW I8,
    waiting for the Tesla Roadster, Audi E Tron etc... If not and your primary objective is your dream car which may cross into the combustion cars too. is the new 992 - 911, Corvette C8, BMW M8, Mercedes AMG GT, Acura NSX, even Mclaren is about to give a 4 seat grand tour vehicle soon or any other newer cars a part of your short list?

Rather than focusing on the differences of the cars I solely meant to lay out NEWER CAR OPTIONS many buyers are considering. Having sat inside the Mission E
    prototype here in LA about a year ago is what made me fall in love with the car. I'm hoping the end product is what we all hope it to be.

imagev18e5ce7239f25fdc1b8c0ba67eacdb6f1-22o0drqpmu6cddzndr2_ct1880x930.jpg

11. OP
    OP
    Raek

Raek Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Macan GTS, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
    I was honestly thinking of the new NSX if the Taycan doesn't live up to my very open expectations. But, I need a four door, as all of my other cars are two door :/

TheSnape and King Art like this.
  12. Nevadagame

Nevadagame Active Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicles:
    Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
    I’m not sure where the 120k+ number comes from. Everything I’ve learned points to 130 to 149k+ 25k for options. At 175 plus taxes for the “turbo” I’m out. What I am considering if the Taycan S looks like my dream car, and I can buy it for 98+ 20k in options, (50k less than the turbo), I’m going to own it and the C8

King Art likes this.
  13. TheSnape

TheSnape Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    Ford Fiesta
    How about a BMW 8 series Gran Coupe?

King Art likes this.
  14. Haros

Haros Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    You bet
    The NSX might be a bad buy right now with the C8 around the corner as I predict a price adjustment from Acura

King Art likes this.
  15. Ron

Ron Active Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicles:
    89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
    I have a BMW M6 Competition with 600hp and it is great. I will be considering the M8 Competition Gran Coupe but I want to see the final Taycan Turbo S first. Hopefully it will look like the E.

King Art likes this.