First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not true for all dealers.
I did not mean that is going to be the case for all dealers. It’s just the few I’ve contacted, in the US. Or one can get a launch car (dealer spec that’s locked) it will be faster.
Sponsored

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Hi, anyone can share what’s the allocation situation like for GTS?

In Singapore, the (sole) distributor is saying no allocation for 2022. First one might be 1.5 years later. Why bother launching a car (valued at USD $430,000) without any allocation? ?

Keen to know if this is consistent in other parts of the world.
I know Australia is not getting the Sports Tourismo GTS for at least another 12 months.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I bought a GTS for February 2022 production, it was the first sold and the first allocation slot at my dealer. We hope that it will be on the ground in Munich in late February or early March.

Cheers,
Henrik

Last edited:

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
I wouldn't rush - you really want a MY23 (my plan) - let the dust settle OR book a slot and bump it along to ensure MY23.
I haven't been following closely enough to have picked up if there are any MY23 rumours..... Are you expecting or hoping for anything in particular from MY23 Adrian? Is it time in the product cycle for a '.2' facelift perhaps?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I haven't been following closely enough to have picked up if there are any MY23 rumours..... Are you expecting or hoping for anything in particular from MY23 Adrian? Is it time in the product cycle for a '.2' facelift perhaps?
Nothing specific bar the usual additional colours and possibly the option for GTS alternative ST choices e.g. 4S.

Facelift maybe but I think it is too early in the cycle plus if you go GTS it comes with the Sport Design front in any case.

My logic is that it's always better to have the latest cut of the cloth particularly with the Taycan.

I'm also on a two year cycle with the Taycan and November is my change point. GTS ordered but lock date probably not until next summer and in time for a model variant change if needed.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I haven't been following closely enough to have picked up if there are any MY23 rumours...
The one interesting rumour is that the extended range that the GTS has, be it caused by real technical improvements or by WLTP paper shuffling, will come to and be in all MY23 Taycans, i.e. from late summer 2022 on.

If that is true, the GTS would be the first "MY23".

Of course, I am hoping that the range is bigger due to real improvements.

HTH,
H

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I'm also on a two year cycle with the Taycan and November is my change point. GTS ordered but lock date probably not until next summer and in time for a model variant change if needed.
As an existing Taycan driver with a lot of knowledge on it I would be interested to hear which options from your current model you’ll be sticking with and which ones you would drop/add alternatives. I’m guessing you would drop the electric sport sound (though it’s standard with the GTS model). Cheers

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
As an existing Taycan driver with a lot of knowledge on it I would be interested to hear which options from your current model you’ll be sticking with and which ones you would drop/add alternatives. I’m guessing you would drop the electric sport sound (though it’s standard with the GTS model). Cheers
Hi, thanks for the question.

Sport Sound - now sitting on the fence. I rarely use it but i did yesterday and just like the throttle blip you get on the downchange depending on speed. No option but to have it in the GTS but luckily it can be switched off. For resale (on certain models) its probably wise to include as it is a horrendous aftermarket cost to retrofit.

Pano roof - a must and now looking forward to the new version (it will be additional cost) as the roof does need a shade and an electronic one will be so much better than a physical blind.

In the must have category in general:

1. Folding mirrors
2. Power Steering Plus
3. Rear Axle Steer (includes Power Steering Plus)
4. Bose
5. 360 Pano Cameras
6. Performance Battery Plus
7. Extended Leather (two-tone is preferred as the colour choice is poor in general). Crayon and Black is a standout, Bordeaux looks worse in photos than it is in real life but still too red for my taste, and the other options not to my taste. Match the seat belts to the leather colour (crayon in my case)
8. Powered charge ports
9. Matrix headlights (standard LEDs with PDLS+ will be good enough but the premium is worth it)
10. Privacy glass
11. 14-way seats - memory, powered steering column, mirror position etc
12. Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors
13. Heated steering wheel
14. Public charging cable (for untethered connections)
15. Air suspension where not standard
16. 20" Taycan Turbo Alloys - I don't like any of the others on the saloon - simple to keep clean

Handy to have:

1. 150 kW 400v DC Booster (Tesla Supercharger network, others)
2. 22kW AC charger - expensive but if you live in an area where DC charging is limited and 22kW charging plentiful then worth debating. If you have a 3 phase electrical supply at home then to take full advantage you would need the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (up to 19.6kW) rather than the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (up to 9.6kW). Other EVSEs are available but I prefer to keep within the Porsche eco system and have a PMCC. Note that the standard AC charger is 11kW but this would also require a 3 phase electrical supply at home to take advantage of. Plenty of other (less expensive) EVSEs out there and remember that the EVSE is not a charger (this is within the car) so don't be fooled by all sorts of fancy features as you won't need them. Stick to using the inbuilt Timers and Profiles of the car and Porsche Connect (and My Porsche) App.
3. Comfort Access

Likely to add:

1. Cycle carrier (and preparation for it)
2. Lane Change Assist
3. Roof rails
4. Homelink
5. Sports Chrono (model dependent) - the chrono on the dash is annoying and fits the ICE cars image better rather than EVs. People expect it on a Turbo, Turbo S and some say 4S but I don't (!)
6. Sports Turismo body

Least likely to add:

1. Ambient lighting
2. PDCC
3. PSCB or PCCB (wheel choice dependent), at a push perhaps PSCB but pointless if the wheels hide most of the disc (much easier to keep clean)
4. Passenger display
5. HUD
6. Burmeister (Bose is better than good for a car)
7. 4 +1 seating (pointless unless you have a small child and take even shorter journeys)

Many of the other options available aren't essential and typically taste dependent. I avoid adding additional seat heating (rear) as mine are rarely used, ventilated seats - not cooled and pointless in UK, coloured lights (why??).

In summary, the only option I would consider dropping from my current car is the electric sport sound, everything else has a purpose and is used daily.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Is the 360 camera a must have in your opinion? Currently have a Macan Turbo and i drive a T5 for work. Missus will use the Taycan daily for work and school runs. Never had a 360 camera before genuinely curious, thanks!

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, thanks for the question.

Sport Sound - now sitting on the fence. I rarely use it but i did yesterday and just like the throttle blip you get on the downchange depending on speed. No option but to have it in the GTS but luckily it can be switched off. For resale (on certain models) its probably wise to include as it is a horrendous aftermarket cost to retrofit.

Pano roof - a must and now looking forward to the new version (it will be additional cost) as the roof does need a shade and an electronic one will be so much better than a physical blind.

In the must have category in general:

1. Folding mirrors
2. Power Steering Plus
3. Rear Axle Steer (includes Power Steering Plus)
4. Bose
5. 360 Pano Cameras
6. Performance Battery Plus
7. Extended Leather (two-tone is preferred as the colour choice is poor in general). Crayon and Black is a standout, Bordeaux looks worse in photos than it is in real life but still too red for my taste, and the other options not to my taste. Match the seat belts to the leather colour (crayon in my case)
8. Powered charge ports
9. Matrix headlights (standard LEDs with PDLS+ will be good enough but the premium is worth it)
10. Privacy glass
11. 14-way seats - memory, powered steering column, mirror position etc
12. Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors
13. Heated steering wheel
14. Public charging cable (for untethered connections)
15. Air suspension where not standard
16. 20" Taycan Turbo Alloys - I don't like any of the others on the saloon - simple to keep clean

Handy to have:

1. 150 kW 400v DC Booster (Tesla Supercharger network, others)
2. 22kW AC charger - expensive but if you live in an area where DC charging is limited and 22kW charging plentiful then worth debating. If you have a 3 phase electrical supply at home then to take full advantage you would need the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (up to 19.6kW) rather than the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (up to 9.6kW). Other EVSEs are available but I prefer to keep within the Porsche eco system and have a PMCC. Note that the standard AC charger is 11kW but this would also require a 3 phase electrical supply at home to take advantage of. Plenty of other (less expensive) EVSEs out there and remember that the EVSE is not a charger (this is within the car) so don't be fooled by all sorts of fancy features as you won't need them. Stick to using the inbuilt Timers and Profiles of the car and Porsche Connect (and My Porsche) App.
3. Comfort Access

Likely to add:

1. Cycle carrier (and preparation for it)
2. Lane Change Assist
3. Roof rails
4. Homelink
5. Sports Chrono (model dependent) - the chrono on the dash is annoying and fits the ICE cars image better rather than EVs. People expect it on a Turbo, Turbo S and some say 4S but I don't (!)
6. Sports Turismo body

Least likely to add:

1. Ambient lighting
2. PDCC
3. PSCB or PCCB (wheel choice dependent), at a push perhaps PSCB but pointless if the wheels hide most of the disc (much easier to keep clean)
4. Passenger display
5. HUD
6. Burmeister (Bose is better than good for a car)
7. 4 +1 seating (pointless unless you have a small child and take even shorter journeys)

Many of the other options available aren't essential and typically taste dependent. I avoid adding additional seat heating (rear) as mine are rarely used, ventilated seats - not cooled and pointless in UK, coloured lights (why??).

In summary, the only option I would consider dropping from my current car is the electric sport sound, everything else has a purpose and is used daily.
Thanks for that it’s a tough process deciding on which options to tick without jumping up to the next model. This is where I feel the GTS trim helps a lot as if I go 4S things like Sports Chrono and even extended leather start getting dropped from my spec.

For what it’s worth my current plan adds almost all the ones you have in the “must have” category (not fully decided on RWS in place of PSP) with the exception of the panoramic roof. I know it adds a more airy feel to the cabin but on my current car I completely forget its actually there (no back seat passengers either). For the leather option Crayon is my favourite for sure…but I keep flicking back to beige as seeing the middle back seat in black and having the back of the front seats in black looks strange on the configurator…saying all that as a Newcastle United fan I feel obliged to take the black and white interior…though not fully convinced it goes well with Mamba Green.

Also been contemplating maybe getting a PTS order in Acid Green as I have well over a year to wait for my current car to complete its lease.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the 360 camera a must have in your opinion? Currently have a Macan Turbo and i drive a T5 for work. Missus will use the Taycan daily for work and school runs. Never had a 360 camera before genuinely curious, thanks!
What I can say for sure having test driven a 4S is the rear view camera on its own is probably the worst version I have ever seen in any car. The distortion on the image when using the guide lines for reversing is particularly distracting…maybe people get used to it but it made me have to reverse into a parking spot at snails pace as I could not judge things intuitively. The 360 camera can only surely improve on this so for me it would be a must have.

I‘m hoping the MY23 is a facelift model and they redo the cameras…fingers crossed!

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Anyone sticking with the Race-Tex interior or switching to leather?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes 100%, lots of visibility and you can see the kerbside fully on one of the views.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for that it’s a tough process deciding on which options to tick without jumping up to the next model. This is where I feel the GTS trim helps a lot as if I go 4S things like Sports Chrono and even extended leather start getting dropped from my spec.

For what it’s worth my current plan adds almost all the ones you have in the “must have” category (not fully decided on RWS in place of PSP) with the exception of the panoramic roof. I know it adds a more airy feel to the cabin but on my current car I completely forget its actually there (no back seat passengers either). For the leather option Crayon is my favourite for sure…but I keep flicking back to beige as seeing the middle back seat in black and having the back of the front seats in black looks strange on the configurator…saying all that as a Newcastle United fan I feel obliged to take the black and white interior…though not fully convinced it goes well with Mamba Green.

Also been contemplating maybe getting a PTS order in Acid Green as I have well over a year to wait for my current car to complete its lease.
RAS includes PSP so you could convince yourself it is a better deal.

PTS is a cool thing to do but I'm sure a lot of people are put off with the costs and additional wait times. Acid green will have a limited 2nd market appeal so I'd be wary. PPF is probably a better way to go and is not permanent.
Sponsored