Racetex Headliner - happy with it?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I just tried to add Race-Tex B Pillars to my build and got this slightly confusing message:

A5E420C6-3B2A-4959-BC8A-D1483A1D2D2B.jpeg

I have the panoramic roof option checked so it doesn’t make sense that I would need the roof lining option in order to add the B Pillars.

Any ideas what’s going on here?
I believe you cannot add B Pillar w/o Roof lining. You can add Roof lining and no B Pillar but not the opposite. Even though you have the panoramic roof there is still some roof lining with Race-Tex.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
For demonstration purposes, here are interior Screenshots with the shadows and blacks tweaked in Photoshop. Hopefully, these images help demonstrate the difference between Race-Tex B-pillars and Non-Race-Tex B-Pillars.
Of course, the Confusurator could still be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time!

I would with some confidence assume that the Race-Tex extends around down and into the cills of the rear Footwell too

WithFront.jpg
Yes that was what I was seeing on the configurator...my doubts on its accuracy are illustrated by the apparent absence of RaceTex on the front pillars, unlike this real example (a Turbo, which has RaceTex roof lining as standard. This one doesn't have the B pillar option)

EDIT- I've squinted again at your enhancement of the COnfigurator rendering, and I can just about make out fingerprint-like marks towards the roof- so I think it is rendering the option correctly, the trouble is it just isn't very clear :)
Porsche Taycan Racetex Headliner - happy with it? 10

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I believe you cannot add B Pillar w/o Roof lining. You can add Roof lining and no B Pillar but not the opposite. Even though you have the panoramic roof there is still some roof lining with Race-Tex.
Yes, as per the real example I posted above, the RaceTex "roof" lining (as opposed to the B pillar option) appears to extend to the bottom of the windows and include the sun visors.
I suppose those are the fiddliest bits to install, but it still seems a bit mean charging the same on a Pano roofed vehicle.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I would with some confidence assume that the Race-Tex extends around down and into the cills of the rear Footwell too

WithFront.jpg
No, the Race-Tex B-Pillar option does not extend to the door sills or anything else in the footwell area. It only includes the lower b-pillar part.
If have the race-tex headliner and b-pillar option on my MY22 taycan 4S and the door sills and the footwell area are still plastic.

Porsche Taycan Racetex Headliner - happy with it? blackberry_interior_B_piilar

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
No, the Race-Tex B-Pillar option does not extend to the door sills or anything else in the footwell area. It only includes the lower b-pillar part.
If have the race-tex headliner and b-pillar option on my MY22 taycan 4S and the door sills and the footwell area are still plastic.
Thanks- it did seem strange to have RaceTex on such a high-wear/dirt area. Can you confirm that it does extend down the sides of the rear seats as well as the front ones?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Can you confirm that it does extend down the sides of the rear seats as well as the front ones?
Nope, it's all plastic. Just took these picture. It's really just the lower B-pillar part that is covered with race-tex if you order this option. If you need more detail pics just let me know.

Porsche Taycan Racetex Headliner - happy with it? front
Porsche Taycan Racetex Headliner - happy with it? rear

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Nope, it's all plastic. Just took these picture. It's really just the lower B-pillar part that is covered with race-tex if you order this option. If you need more detail pics just let me know.

front.jpg
rear.jpg
Thanks for your effort- it's good to not to have to rely on the configurator renderings to inform choices. I'm going with the B-pillar option anyway, in the hope that it'll withstand wear better than the standard plastic (as well as looking nicer in a very noticeable location). It would've been nice though if it had also extended the RaceTex further down the sides of the rear seats, like on the Configurator renderings.
EDIT-oh and that's a great paint and leather colour combo you have!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, as per the real example I posted above, the RaceTex "roof" lining (as opposed to the B pillar option) appears to extend to the bottom of the windows and include the sun visors.
I suppose those are the fiddliest bits to install, but it still seems a bit mean charging the same on a Pano roofed vehicle.
The price of race-tex, or alcantara anyway, isn't that high and I suspect the bulk of the cost is the tailoring which will be at least as much with the glass roof.
I had specced race-tex roof and B-pillar in my build so nice to see more pictures :)

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I'm going with the B-pillar option anyway, in the hope that it'll withstand wear better than the standard plastic (as well as looking nicer in a very noticeable location).
It’s been mentioned before in this thread but the racetex will not wear better than the plastic. It’s not too big a concern in the front, I do rub against the lower b-pillar when getting out occasionally but the rear might see premature wear from shoes, especially if you’ve got kids back there. The seat back and lower b pillar is covered in footprints in my car.

On another note, I was pleasantly surprised to see the CT trunk shelf also comes wrapped in racetex.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It’s been mentioned before in this thread but the racetex will not wear better than the plastic. It’s not too big a concern in the front, I do rub against the lower b-pillar when getting out occasionally but the rear might see premature wear from shoes, especially if you’ve got kids back there. The seat back and lower b pillar is covered in footprints in my car.
?I should be OK- the dog's my most likely rear seat passenger, and she's restrained in an elaborate hammock-thing to keep her off all surfaces (still manages to wipe her nose on the window).
My main concern was avoiding light scuffing of the plastic by front-seat passengers making an inelegant entry due to the seat being set back behind the pillar.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
For demonstration purposes, here are interior Screenshots with the shadows and blacks tweaked in Photoshop. Hopefully, these images help demonstrate the difference between Race-Tex B-pillars and Non-Race-Tex B-Pillars.
Of course, the Confusurator could still be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time!

WithFront.jpg

WithoutFront.jpg

WithoutRear.jpg

WithRear.jpg

Responding to my own original post here...

The configurator was inaccurate has now been updated to show that the RACE TEX B-Pillar option does NOT extend down into the door cill/footwell area.. Already been confirmed by actual Taycan owners but nice to see the configurator being updated i guess

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Who here has the racetex headliner and b pillar? what do you think of it? Glad you got it? Does it truly add the premium feel you were hoping for? I haven’t seen it in person...
I find myself stroking mine every now and again. prrrrr!

Yep, happy with mine. I once made a trip in a Tesla that had it and thought it looked great, so told myself I couldn't be outdone by a Tesla when I ordered my Taycan. o_O

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I find myself stroking mine every now and again. prrrrr!

Yep, happy with mine. I once made a trip in a Tesla that had it and thought it looked great, so told myself I couldn't be outdone by a Tesla when I ordered my Taycan. o_O
Thanks! I since did order it, and racetex on steering world and I think it adds a ton too! Very happy I did. It enjoys being pet.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT on order
Country flag

On another note, I was pleasantly surprised to see the CT trunk shelf also comes wrapped in racetex.
Are you saying the trunk shelf is racetex IF you add the racetex roof option?