Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Upsides are 1) acceleration 2) lovely ride 3) very quiet 4) Bose audio 5) futuristic looks and better looking than any other EV but I like other combustion engine cars better 6) and defo Tax benefits in UK. Downsides to me are 1) prefer something a little shorter and a tad narrower (922 size) 2) already 2 major heater components have failed 3) rear camera failed and when repaired is still very poor 3) Main dealers have limited resources on EV cars and even little jobs take weeks to book in and deal with 4) Porsche appear to have major problems with parts supply 5) numerous software issues. 6) Non-warranty dealer repairs are very expensive @ £190/hr with few alternatives. Overall a little disappointed and in truth other than tax benefits in UK I would look elsewhere.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
After now 9'km I couldn't be happier.
Yes, some glitches (2 bigger ones) in the beginning but now all is fixed.
Upside are superior ride, power, handling etc. Traktion in winter/ on snow is out of this world.
What I really like is the wide range between comfort and sport and instant power.
Actually, ICE cars all feel now outdated and slow.

Downsides maybe:
The Connect App could be improved but does the job. Software is ok, some minor glitches still (charging profiles unlogical, settings loaded from a server etc.)
Not a big deal.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After now 9'km I couldn't be happier.
Yes, some glitches (2 bigger ones) in the beginning but now all is fixed.
Upside are superior ride, power, handling etc. Traktion in winter/ on snow is out of this world.
What I really like is the wide range between comfort and sport and instant power.
Actually, ICE cars all feel now outdated and slow.

Downsides maybe:
The Connect App could be improved but does the job. Software is ok, some minor glitches still (charging profiles unlogical, settings loaded from a server etc.)
Not a big deal.
I agree with most of your top paragraph comment. I would also agree with your bottom paragraph statement. But I would add that the glitches really are pretty annoying. I have error messages every time I get into the car (seemingly none of the messages are accurate as all functions still seem to work). The Connect App is really poor in comparison to my Chevrolet Tahoe app. My car will only charge to the General Profile that is set to 85%. If I trigger the other preset profiles it always charges all the way to 100% ( I have a profile for 90% and one for 50%). I just had a "bad" charging cable that had to be replaced. And range in the winter is really low.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Will withhold judgement till after delivery! LOL. Just arrived at the dealership tho a few days ago and finished dealer prep today! :)

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Taycan CT4 #5

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Taycan CT4 outside #2

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
After 7k km, i’m still with “exceeded my expectation” Team.
No single serious failure (I was quite affraid since there were lots of posts related with “red errors”…).
i can definitely live with software glitches….as I said before: it’s such a joy, driving :rock:

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost 17,000 miles and 21 months in. Cars been in shop too many times to count. OTA replaced, A/C leaks ( 2 times) have been fixed, bad charger cable, charging doors and all associated wiring harnesses replaced, 12V battery dead, low range of 130 miles @ 85% charge in winter (155 miles @ 100% in winter). Multiple software updates, daily error messages, ongoing daily PCM / Apple Carplay glitches.

This week, I am committed to sticking it out. Use it as a daily driver and putting up with all the BS.

csufl

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2019 Panamera, 2017 991.2
Country flag
Just passed 1 month ownership period. My disappointments are:

1. Plug and charge problem
2. Plug and charge problem
3. Plug and charge problem
4. Opened a case and still waiting for Porsche USA to solve my plug and charge problem....

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag

4. Opened a case and still waiting for Porsche USA to solve my plug and charge problem....
I'm close to one month mark. Plug and charge has worked well for me. At EA it takes 1-2 mins to initiate, at first I thought it got disconnected... but then it starts and does its job. What exactly happens for you?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

Forgive the obvious if you've already done this, but did you enable it on the PCM?
It is inexplicably off by default, and not the easiest option to find either, buried behind "..." somewhere.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Will withhold judgement till after delivery! LOL. Just arrived at the dealership tho a few days ago and finished dealer prep today! :)

Taycan CT4 #5.jpg

Taycan CT4 outside #2.jpg
That car is so beautiful that nothing short of a battery fire will disturb your enjoyment. The "Lambo" wheels look even better on the car than on the configurator. Enjoy!

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
That car is so beautiful that nothing short of a battery fire will disturb your enjoyment. The "Lambo" wheels look even better on the car than on the configurator. Enjoy!
Thanks yes so far loving it and pretty good car. Initially wouldn;t recognize the car on My Porsche or Porsche connect. Then by the time I left the dealership it recognized the car but wouldn't allow any of the remote services. Said car was in Privacy mode which it was note. Finally got it by logging out of the car completely then logging back in; going to privacy mode and logging back in and turning prvacy mode off. Can now see my car and all remote functions.

Hauled my 1st load in the car yesterday...no problem. 4 tires fit just fine. Also g
Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.02.23
Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.02.06
ot all weather mats and a cargo matt and did all of the screens w/screen protectors this week. Also have appt for clear side markers to be done next but otherwise no service appts. Only bad experience so far was ticket I got yesterday on the way home. MAN haven't had one of those in a min and get it not in any of my ICE cars with tons more HP than my Taycan CT4. Guess EV's really are fast! LOL

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Taycan 1st load

Porsche Taycan Taycan owners - how happy with purchase? Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 21.04.09

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I marked "exceedingly happy". However this is my 2nd Taycan, 2020 I was less than enamored with.
2022 much better now as they have fixed some SW and HW items. This was expected since 2020 was the first model.

Charging at EA, still a "very disappointed". 85% I blame on EA. This is also because there are so
few EA chargers around. I'm still reticent to road trip this car due to lack of and failed charging
sessions.

csufl

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm close to one month mark. Plug and charge has worked well for me. At EA it takes 1-2 mins to initiate, at first I thought it got disconnected... but then it starts and does its job. What exactly happens for you?
Well here is what happened..... The car was originally "registered" under my wife's Porsche account. I was trying to set up autopay, so I moved this car under my Porsche account, and the plug and charge stopped working. So I moved back under her account and the plug and charge is officially dead... Opened a case with Porsche USA and they told me it was the EA charging stationS! I used did not support plug and charge NOW....Well a month ago they were still working......

I don't know man... Anything else I can do?

csufl

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Forgive the obvious if you've already done this, but did you enable it on the PCM?
It is inexplicably off by default, and not the easiest option to find either, buried behind "..." somewhere.
Yes, definitely big YES. Everything is turn on for plug and charge and all the payment status are update and correct, even says on my Porsche app......
Sponsored