DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Here in Texas the weather has started to get 90F+ and when that happens the AC just can't seem to do a good job of cooling the cabin.

I've taken it in for this once and was told the AC pressure is fine and the temperature of the air was cool as expected. (It was not, however, a warm day at the time.)

Anyone else, or just me? Maybe if I get that AC pressure sensor work done it will resolve itself.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I hope to be able to provide some data into this conversation within a week assuming a truck is available to pick up my car from port. It’s really hot in Austin this weekend. 🥵

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I've noticed even in not so hot weather that the AC doesn't blow nearly as cold as I would expect on a new 2022 car.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Here in Texas the weather has started to get 90F+ and when that happens the AC just can't seem to do a good job of cooling the cabin.

I've taken it in for this once and was told the AC pressure is fine and the temperature of the air was cool as expected. (It was not, however, a warm day at the time.)

Anyone else, or just me? Maybe if I get that AC pressure sensor work done it will resolve itself.
Also in Texas and I noticed this week that the usual 72* eco mode with diffused vents was not cutting it any more. Down to 68* and focused vents, still in eco mode, and it seemed to keep up. But we’re only in the 80s, so I imagine more drastic changes will be needed once we hit proper summer temps.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Do any of you have the insulated glass option?

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
I had similar fears when I was driving a loaner Model S and 3 for the last few weeks. The glass roof in those cars really did a number on range and cabin temperature (not to mention my balding head). In the taycan the AC works fine in 104F in UAE, the temp will go up to 120 soon, will report back when it does. I’m with insulated glass and NO pano roof AC set to AUTO 22C - cools a hot car within minutes, my mileage is 5000Km.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Do any of you have the insulated glass option?
I do not.

However, it seems less about rays getting in and more about the temperature of the air from the vents.

When it's 88+ or so outside, the air coming out just doesn't feel very cold when you put your hand up to the vent.

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
I do not.

However, it seems less about rays getting in and more about the temperature of the air from the vents.

When it's 88+ or so outside, the air coming out just doesn't feel very cold when you put your hand up to the vent.
You Sir, need to schedule a visit to the service center and don’t take “its normal “ as an answer. It’s 2022, AC tech is mature and robust, it Shouldn’t be unsatisfactory at any level. Imagine buying an AC for your home and then realizing it doesn’t cool properly. This should be along the same lines

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Will add my 2c once I get car back from shop end next week but don’t recall an issue off hand re not getting plenty cool air in normal (not eco) mode when in high 80sF - I have pano, insulated glass and tinted windows (in Houston).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think there is a risk that EVs will have less powerful AC systems than people in the USA may be used to, for range reasons.

Back when I was a teenage petrol head in the ‘60s I remember reading about the standard GM AC systems fitted to their cars and being amazed to see that the compressor took more power than a Mini Cooper produced at peak revs. So if you ran a mini Cooper at peak power revs and switched a GM AC system on the engine would stall.

AC was pretty well unknown in UK cars then and engines still had carburettors and were hideously inefficient but fuel was cheap. We have more efficient and powerful cars now but fuel is expensive.
When I passed my driving test petrol was 4/- per Imperial gallon, ie £0.20. Today it is around £7.40 :(

On my plug-in hybrid the climate control, both heating and cooling, is noticeably less powerful when running electric only than when the petrol engine is running too.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Never had issues with cooling. Ask to check unit and fluid levels. I remember having seen threads around here about the same issue. Search around.

Reactions: B61

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had mine in North Texas & Houston last summer and I can’t recall having a single issue with the AC not performing adequately. You may need to tweak air settings eco/regular/focus/diffuse. I also have my seats set to ventilate at certain temps which helps too.

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I'm in GA and it is starting to warm up here. We had a couple of 90 degree days last week. The car cooled well enough but I had to turn the blowers up. After it cooled I was able to turn the blowers down and the car stayed cool.

No pano or insulated glass on mine.

Pennyroyal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, 2022 Mercedes GLC
Country flag
We do not have a problem with AC here in FL in the summer, but we have insulated glass and no glass roof. I was in a friend's Audi last week and even with her sunscreen closed I could feel heat radiating through the sunroof glass. No ventilated seats here either (we bought off the lot) and black interior but no problems with heat.
Sponsored