02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Had mine done. They had the car for 2 days.

Sound: Integrated Spotify finally makes the Bose worthwhile.
Did you have any trouble getting the QR code to display for logging into Spotify. Mine says “unable to retrieve QR code”.
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Thanks for the detailing your experience. I also took delivery of a 4S in September 2020, but have not yet had the uPdate. What magic words did you use with your service writer to get them to perform the uPdate on your 2020? My service writer said my VIN is not included in the ANA6 recall, therefore no uPdate for me. My appointment for other service is a couple weeks away, so I still have time to try to fix this.
I think the magic words were "Can I drop it off on Monday?" :) I was also sitting on the ANA5 an ACM1 recall campaigns, but there wasn't any pushback, and the dealer knew that my primary reason was to get the WNJ8 update. I explicitly said that I didn't want the appointment otherwise. The dealership has done several already. They did say that since it takes up most of a day and requires some babysitting they intend to limit how many they will schedule in a given week.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Shortly after receiving the ANA6 update when opening the car doors the hood popped as well. [just once] Discovered when selecting reverse a "Hood Open" alert message in the third tube. Car is 8 mos old with 9K miles, this never happend before.

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Shortly after receiving the ANA6 update when opening the car doors the hood popped as well. [just once] Discovered when selecting reverse a "Hood Open" alert message in the third tube. Car is 8 mos old with 9K miles, this never happend before.
Are you sure you didnt accidentally press the hood open button on the fob? I've done this more than once (in fact just did it yesterday). It's not that hard to do if you have the keys in your pocket, unfortunately.

Reactions: B61

Cillacede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if plug & charge works for 2020 ? I saw a video on YouTube that this update isn’t available for 2020 as part of the broader update.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if plug & charge works for 2020 ? I saw a video on YouTube that this update isn’t available for 2020 as part of the broader update.
The upgrade announcement from Porsche says that if 2020 owner pays to retrofit 22kw on-board charger, Plug & Charge comes with the retrofit. If the 2020 car has 9.6kw on-board charger, then still no Plug & Charge, even with software update.

Cillacede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's what I thought. The dealer I spoke to said they'd hadn't heard this. Does anyone know how much the retrofit costs?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
This has happened to me: but it has always been due

That's what I thought. The dealer I spoke to said they'd hadn't heard this. Does anyone know how much the retrofit costs?
I have had mine (22kW AC charger) replaced a few times under warranty here in Europe and it was €3,800 for the unit and 4.5 hours of labour to replace/install/commission.

But my car was specced with it from the factory – and that is replacement warranty prices. Optional upgrade might very well be more expensive, and the install could be more involved – for example, I believe that part of the HV wiring harness requires slight changes.

I would imagine that Porsche will want to price this option as a fixed cost upgrade and they can't price it out to be totally unfeasible. It would be interesting to get the official price.

Sorry I can't be more helpful and also not US market centric info.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I asked my service dept about it as well and they didn’t know about it, so they dont know how much it costs. Once they do get more info, they are supposed to let me know. I’ll post up if no one else does by then.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just curious: is the Range mode 140/150kph bug gone?
Now, without nav destination, the max speed in Range mode is 140kph.
With nav destination it's 150kph.
Can someone check if that bug is gone with the new update?
What is the max speed in Range mode now?

Porsche Taycan Latest Taycan Software Update Findings and Reviews Thread Screenshot_20220814-201948

Pic for attention.

Last edited:

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Are you sure you didnt accidentally press the hood open button on the fob? I've done this more than once (in fact just did it yesterday). It's not that hard to do if you have the keys in your pocket, unfortunately.
I have easy entry enabled, so fob was in my pocket. Since I just had the SW update thought it was due to the update. Checking with the dealer to see if anyone else has had this experience.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
US configurator says price of this option on a new car is $1680. That's factory installed, not a retrofit.

And from what I have seen, for Taycan new features, etc., dealers often first learn about them from owners on this forum. ;)
Sponsored