kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
This is not good news, I'm in the final stages with my taycan. It would seem it's gotten one of the very last boats out of Emden but has been sat at the port in Grimsby with no explanation why since the 3rd of March. Is there anyone else in a similar situation with a car sat in the port on the UK side that knows anymore before I reach out to my SA? They've been fantastic so far and have been very patient with all my questions and spec changes before lock in so don't want to hastle them unnecessarily.
Yes, mine has been at the UK port these last few days. My SA seems to think it will be delivered to PRG Reading for handover late next week. Everything is agreed, but I’ll not hand over any cash until it is actually here. Let’s see what actually happens…
Sponsored

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
You'd rather they deliver it with a bad heater and let you freeze?

Some people are never happy.
To be fair, winter is pretty much over for another eight months. I'd prefer to take delivery, and take it in for replacement if necessary, in 4-6 months, than have a 2023 model year age into 2024 before we receive it.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
When is it ur date of delivery normally?
Past week :( my car was on production from the 02 Feb. and stop delivery 1 week after grrr! The dealer informed me immediately for this delay. I have no problem with a short delay but I am afraid when I see some of this forum who was informed about few months. Everybody are in the black with this issue and it seems dealers also this is not reassuring at all!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
To be fair, winter is pretty much over for another eight months. I'd prefer to take delivery, and take it in for replacement if necessary, in 4-6 months, than have a 2023 model year age into 2024 before we receive it.
It's about more than winter though, it also prewarms the battery for charging.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
For those of us driving already-delivered cars ('23 GTS) is there going to be a recall, or do we just hope that our heater dies before the warranty runs out?
You and I are in the same boat on that.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's about more than winter though, it also prewarms the battery for charging.
Good point. Porsche could simply produce a waiver listing all affected systems, and allow the buyer to choose to sign off and take delivery, or not. 99% of our charging is at home, so prewarming also wouldn't affect the functionality of the vehicle for our use case.

I'm starting to think we all have Stockholm Syndrome, given the supply issues during the 2020 pandemic. Manufacturers and service providers across broad sectors have gotten used to providing pathetic levels of service to customers.

I'm part of the problem I guess, since we're buying a car we don't really need.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
If there was an alternative good option I, like many, would jump ship but there’s still no comparable EV to the Taycan in terms of drive, brand, design. So we just keep waiting….

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree...though used Taycan options are starting to look more attractive as prices fall.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
You'd rather they deliver it with a bad heater and let you freeze?

Some people are never happy.
I'm in SW France. It will soon be 20 deg C.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If there was an alternative good option I, like many, would jump ship but there’s still no comparable EV to the Taycan in terms of drive, brand, design. So we just keep waiting….
Cancel you order and re-order a MY24

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those of us driving already-delivered cars ('23 GTS) is there going to be a recall, or do we just hope that our heater dies before the warranty runs out?
No news on a recall from my dealer

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Well I'll join the chorus and take the badge of the increasingly (and unreasonably?) frantic woman. All of this chatter has me totally freaked out today, even as I try to quell it. I mean, I gotta pay for this car, and yeah, it's something I totally don't need. So I worked on a whole financial plan with my advisor, and today I was going to make the call to liquidate and close a conservative investment account to use as the majority of the down payment, harvest other gains and losses elsewhere, and secure the financing for the remainder. I've decided to completely halt all this. Some people can just write a check and plug in the car, but I have sooooo much preparation I've been trying to do. If I have to wait til Spring, that's fine...I just really need to know soon. But October?? Are you kidding me!?

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm skeptical it will take until October, but the opportunity cost for us would be at least $6k if we have to maintain liquidity until then, so we're also concerned about lack of clarity. Our dealership hasn't said a word about a delay, so there's that...though reading here it seems common for no one to say anything until just about when the customer rolls up to get their car.

In any event, worry borrowed from the future does not diminish its supply.