irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I'm taking this quote and will use it every chance I get. If you want royalties, DM me an account number.
Thanks, but I’m pretty sure I’m not the original source for that. I don’t recall where I picked it up.

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
Mine was delivered last tuesday with heater.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
The title of this thread is misleading "all new taycan deliveries delayed" since this is clearly not true based on the march deliveries thread.

ChrisLA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S CT
Country flag
I’ll chime in with another data point, FWIW.

4S CT, Production completed Jan 11. Currently on the Volans Leader about a week out from San Diego. Tues received a text from my SA (stand-up guy) saying he had received a list of Taycans affected by the heater issue and my car was not on the list. He still believes we’re tracking to a late March delivery here in LA.

Fingers crossed. This was a high ADM purchase. A significant delay would likely cause me to cancel.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I received an email from my SA today. He still knows nothing. All he could say was he hopes it does not take until October before these cars are fixed. He said the factory are waiting until they have reliable information. I don't believe this for one minute. The factory are trying to keep as many customers in the dark as possible hoping we will not find the truth.

For those people who have received their cars I hope this is with the new heater but I would think this is unlikely since it seems like the new modified heaters are being sent as a priority to dealers for those cars with a faulty heater, so the production line is still using the old heater I suspect. My dealer has 2 Taycans laid up waiting for heaters for over 1 month and as he has pointed out, these are before me.

Of course this is all speculation as there is no official information from the factory.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
As a lot here, If this is a few weeks it is acceptable. If I have to wait some months without exact scheduling I will cancel my order to buy a MY2024. Do not forget this not the 1st immatriculation date but the fabrication date who is valuable on the 2cd hand market..more relevant when a facelift is coming. So more we wait (>6 months are valuable) more we lose for the resale. I am not buying a 2cd hand car but a new! :mad:
I don’t think that is the case. Uk Registration date dictates used value unless there are significant changes.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think that is the case. Uk Registration date dictates used value unless there are significant changes.
There is change, MY24 is the facelift.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Are we talking heat pump or heater?
I think the item with major reliability problems is the high voltage heater, but the thermal management circuit for an EV is mush more than a cooling system and a heater, since the battery has its temperature warmed not just cooled to keep it in an optimum operating window so not needing a cabin heater does not mean not requiring the fix.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I was tempted to book a factory tour next week because my car is supposed to be complete by 22 March :( I guess the tour is going to be fairly dull if they've stopped production, or will they just keep churning them out without a battery heater
It costs millions every day to stop a production line. That will absolutely be the priority, so I assume the modified heaters are being installed as of now. The cars that are being stored for the next six months are ones that were built without the modified heaters. They will move on when enough modified heaters are being produced to cover production AND replace the ones in storage.

Porsche are renting a section of a storage facility on an old airfield in Northern Germany that Mercedes-Benz use.

I'm doing the Taycan factory tour next Thursday.

There is change, MY24 is the facelift.
It's not.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It costs millions every day to stop a production line. That will absolutely be the priority, so I assume the modified heaters are being installed as of now. The cars that are being stored for the next six months are ones that were built without the modified heaters. They will move on when enough modified heaters are being produced to cover production AND replace the ones in storage.

Porsche are renting a section of a storage facility on an old airfield in Northern Germany that Mercedes-Benz use.

I'm doing the Taycan factory tour next Thursday.

It's not.
I don't we know yet if MY24 is a facelift but speculation is that it is. If the MT24 is the facelift then I will be cancelling my order if there is significant delay.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I don't we know yet if MY24 is a facelift but speculation is that it is. If the MT24 is the facelift then I will be cancelling my order if there is significant delay.
The new Macan and 911 facelift will come before the Taycan.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The new Macan and 911 facelift will come before the Taycan.
Is there an official announcement from the factory on this?
Sponsored