rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
PAD 963507 - your replacement heater dated March 3, 2023 - has the same part number as the replacement heater installed in my car in December, 2022. The part installed in your car is newer, but it has the same base part number.
these PAD part numbers seem to be indeed only base numbers.
Do you have a VCDS or similar to check the revision, software and hardware numbers from the C5 thermal mngmt? will update mine (https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/heater-failure-a-real-concern.14957/page-6#post-228566) once I get my car back.
Sponsored

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
It seems the factory is deliberately not giving any information. I suspect those that have been told something is nothing more than guess work by the dealers. This delays must be significant otherwise the factory would be saying it's a few weeks. So it's anyone's guess how long the delays will be but I suspect it will be months not weeks. I don't know exact dates on my car as My SA is being vague but my car has been held at the French hauliers for at least 3 weeks and all this time no information. It's terrible customer service.
Agreed. My SA was actually quite honest and said that they don't know anything but with the measures they are being asked to put in place (loaner cars etc.) he's guess was that it's a significant delay.

I would really prefer that Porsche was more transparent so we could avoid all this guessing.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Agreed. My SA was actually quite honest and said that they don't know anything but with the measures they are being asked to put in place (loaner cars etc.) he's guess was that it's a significant delay.

I would really prefer that Porsche was more transparent so we could avoid all this guessing.
My SA is avoiding me probably due to the fact he has no information. At least he's being honest. I left him a message on Monday to call me back and he hasn't. This whole ordering process leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth and puts me completely off the brand. I can't think of anything else this expensive that has such poor customer service.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Unfortunately this is the way Porsche has handled all issues for the last 3 years. It is just like an Ostrich, put your head in the sand and there is no problem.

Porsche, with all their success, is the worst of them all. I have experienced Aston, BMW, Tesla and Mercedes with problems. And all have been good communicators and cared. But with Porsche you should feel grateful that you were allowed to buy their car it seems

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

kkuenstler

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Well I sure hope that this is true of deliveries in warm places, I have a car on a boat arriving 3/12 to Jacksonville and hoping for no port delay, I don’t need a heater pretty much ever here in south Florida. Hoping for the best, resigned for the worst. Lots of accessories waiting in the garage. First scheduled electric road trip hanging in the balance for the end of April.
I’m in Texas and just found out mine is on hold. So no luck on warm weather areas. My dealer said they think it will be a month. Of course I had just turned in my leased Mercedes since my Taycan that I ordered 8 months ago was in port. So now I have no vehicle. I’m trying to get them to put me in A loan car but Porsche America needs to step up and fund this because the dealerships don’t own the cars on hold yet. I miss the days of being able to go to a dealership and buy a car!

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I’m in Texas and just found out mine is on hold. So no luck on warm weather areas. My dealer said they think it will be a month. Of course I had just turned in my leased Mercedes since my Taycan that I ordered 8 months ago was in port. So now I have no vehicle. I’m trying to get them to put me in A loan car but Porsche America needs to step up and fund this because the dealerships don’t own the cars on hold yet. I miss the days of being able to go to a dealership and buy a car!
That’s not good news at all, my car just got to Jacksonville port, and have not heard anything yet.
Wishing you a speedy delivery.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Best wishes for a speedy resolution.

I’m also fatigued with the hassle of buying a new car, and I may have one more in the mid-term, depending if I can come to terms with driving the e-tron SUV daily. I certainly don’t see ordering another Porsche anytime soon.

restob41

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm in the DC/VA area in the US. My 2023 RWD Taycan arrived to the MD Port on 21 Feb 23. Next week would be 30 days seating there. According to my SA, all special ordered vehicles have priority over all other vehicles seating in ports like mine. My dealership tried to have the car release and they were willing to swap the heater module with a Taycan they have in stock. Porsche told them no because the parts are specifically assigned by VIN# (not sure how true that is). Everything on this vehicle was scheduled on time per the App. However, 5 days from the scheduled delivery, the app changed the delivery date from 24 Feb 23 to 2 Oct 23. No way I'm getting a car that will seat on the port for 8 months. Worse part? I sold my 2021 Tesla, secured a loan and rented a vehicle, which I'm still paying for, because I have little to no warning about the heating module problem. Very disappointed with Porsche. First time buyer too.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the DC/VA area in the US. My 2023 RWD Taycan arrived to the MD Port on 21 Feb 23. Next week would be 30 days seating there. According to my SA, all special ordered vehicles have priority over all other vehicles seating in ports like mine. My dealership tried to have the car release and they were willing to swap the heater module with a Taycan they have in stock. Porsche told them no because the parts are specifically assigned by VIN# (not sure how true that is). Everything on this vehicle was scheduled on time per the App. However, 5 days from the scheduled delivery, the app changed the delivery date from 24 Feb 23 to 2 Oct 23. No way I'm getting a car that will seat on the port for 8 months. Worse part? I sold my 2021 Tesla, secured a loan and rented a vehicle, which I'm still paying for, because I have little to no warning about the heating module problem. Very disappointed with Porsche. First time buyer too.
Exactly the same for me and I will also not accept a car sat in storage for 6 months. My car should have been delivered on 24th Feb. Surely Porsche are not stupid and will realise the car will be rejected. But then again......In Europe the average delivery time if you order to an allocation is 4 to 5 months so who in their right mind would wait 6 months for their car. I could place a new order today and get a car before October. Crazy. Disappointed is a massive understatement. I'm livid.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Exactly the same for me and I will also not accept a car sat in storage for 6 months. My car should have been delivered on 24th Feb. Surely Porsche are not stupid and will realise the car will be rejected. But then again......In Europe the average delivery time if you order to an allocation is 4 to 5 months so who in their right mind would wait 6 months for their car. I could place a new order today and get a car before October. Crazy. Disappointed is a massive understatement. I'm livid.
Still nowhere near as bad as the 12V battery problem last year though, but that is no consolation.
My car, ordered 19/7/2021 was “started” 16/4/2022, “finished“ 30/7/2022 then put in storage with no battery and eventually delivered 1/12/2022.

I considered cancelling several times, but couldn’t find any other car I wanted, so i waited and am delighted with the car - the heather hasn’t failed yet.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
By app you mean the official tracking/order sheet your SA has access to?

Mine was pushed from an April 8th to a May 5th delivery. Nothing points to October... In which case I would most certainly cancel.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just spoken to my SA. There is no off
By app you mean the official tracking/order sheet your SA has access to?

Mine was pushed from an April 8th to a May 5th delivery. Nothing points to October... In which case I would most certainly cancel.
I hope this is accurate as a 1 month delay is acceptable. For me a 3 months or more delay will be the reason to cancel. I don't see the point in having a MY23 car delivered in June/July when I can reorder a MY24 for delivery in Sept. I have a contract that says I can have my deposit back if the car is late so I've had this discussion today with my SA.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just spoken to my SA. There is no off

I hope this is accurate as a 1 month delay is acceptable. For me a 3 months or more delay will be the reason to cancel. I don't see the point in having a MY23 car delivered in June/July when I can reorder a MY24 for delivery in Sept. I have a contract that says I can have my deposit back if the car is late so I've had this discussion today with my SA.
Since MY24 apparently will bring nothing except a hefty price increase, I definitely want my MY23. Not fond of suddently paying extra 10k (or more) without getting anything back

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since MY24 apparently will bring nothing except a hefty price increase, I definitely want my MY23. Not fond of suddently paying extra 10k (or more) without getting anything back
Me neither which is why I would demand more discount to stay with this dealer otherwise I would choose another dealer. What I don't want is a car which has been standing in a field for 6 months and has damanged tyres, paintwork and potential other damage.
Sponsored