magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm thinking about removing the model badge on the back of my Taycan.

According to YouTube videos, a heat gun and something like dental floss are the way to go. Did anyone successfully do that, or another way?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I haven't debadged the taycan but I have used similar methods to remove the badges from other cars. you will all need something to remove some residual glue.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag

According to YouTube videos, a heat gun and something like dental floss are the way to go. Did anyone successfully do that, or another way?
I have done this, I have used the fishing line to get the badge off from the car body. put the fishing line between the badge the car body, then pull the line hard until the double sided tape between the badge and car body are totally cut over.

be careful with your hand, a glover would be good to protect your hand from the possible hurt from the fishing line.

OP
OP
magnitude

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have done this, I have used the fishing line to get the badge off from the car body. put the fishing line between the badge the car body, then pull the line hard until the double sided tape between the badge and car body are totally cut over.

be careful with your hand, a glover would be good to protect your hand from the possible hurt from the fishing line.
That sounds good, thanks. Did you still have to remove glue residue? I assume the badge was broken after that?

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
That sounds good, thanks. Did you still have to remove glue residue? I assume the badge was broken after that?
I use "3M residual remover" to remove the glue residue, badge is good after removing if you do it careful enough.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
one thing to note, when you pull the fishing line, the direction of the pull is towards cut the glue, not towards pull the badge off, otherwise badge will be damaged.

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I've done this on a lot of my cars. You don't need a heat gun, just a hair dryer to warm up the glue before using the fishing line to separate the glue from the badges. Slow and steady. Once the badges are off, you can carefully peal away the big globs of glue by hand and then use gluegon for the residue.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
All good advice but definitely do not use a heat gun - even experienced folk can very easily overdo heat and damage clear coat and/or paint - never worth the risk - hair dryer a close second imo but indeed more manageable but as others have said fishing line or what I use dental floss is more than enough to get it done and a glue remover like 3M.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag

heating the area will soften the glue

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag

Why on earth do you want to de-badge seems totally pointless.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
done lots of these - tip: tape and then wrap the ends of the fishing line around suitable 'toggles' such as wooden spoon handles a few times - - use like a garrotte - makes it less painful and more controlled - works well as a garrotte too - good luck