Removing Model Badge

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I know this is an enthusiast forum but in general we are grossly overestimating the extent to which the public cares about the badges on our cars.

Do you.
I'm gonna be totally honest here... I still confuse the taycan with the panamera at a distance and I kinda look at taycan pics 3 times a day for over a year and we have a few circulating around.

A "non enthusiast" will think "It's a Porsche"... If you ask them what Porsche it was, they most likely going to shrug their shoulders. Maybe a selected few will say "it had 4 doors" but that's about it.

Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So everyone knows for sure it's the base model :D
(edit: they have the Turbo, power move..)
Like said elsewhere here, I notice that in Germany and Switzerland at least, many, if not most high-end cars are debadged for the trim level, if not the model.

I regularly think of 'down badging': taking my forthcoming factory-debadged GTS and installing a different VWG badge: TDI

Last edited:

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Like said elsewhere here, I notice that in Germany and Switzerland at least, many, if not most high-end cars are debadged for the trim level, if not the model.

I regularly think of 'down badging': taking my forthcoming factory-debadged GTS and installing a different VWG badge: TDI
"VTEC" "DOHC 24valve"

Speaking of badging. I've seen a few F8x M cars with a 330 badge. I'm two years removed from Bavarian life, but I guess that's a thing now?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag

As you said, debadging in Europe (or is it just D-A-CH?) is for stealth; I'd say sandbagging-type badging (TDI rofl) is more like trolling. Do a V10, too, for credible effect. 😁

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I detest all badging. Who cares what model it is (high or low)? They are just hard to clean, they catch towels, and they distract from the beauty of the form. Also, the font is pretty crappy as well.

It is a factory option to debadge. I always select that option on my new Porsches, including the Taycan. I remove the badges from used Porsches that I have bought.

But if you like your badges awesome for you and if you think I removed them for your sake, keep on believing what you want to believe as I am too lazy to care or try to convince you otherwise.

Porsche Taycan Removing Model Badge IMG_4305

Porsche Taycan Removing Model Badge IMG_4326

Porsche Taycan Removing Model Badge IMG_4324

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
"VTEC" "DOHC 24valve"

Speaking of badging. I've seen a few F8x M cars with a 330 badge. I'm two years removed from Bavarian life, but I guess that's a thing now?
My 2.8L Z3 was baged with 1.0L just for the fun of it 🤣 (had to buy the badge at the Fiat dealership)

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I always order a badged car - dead easy to remove if I want to <10mins - and then to refit <10 mins just before resale or if I change my mind - and at no cost - simples.

Alternatively remove in <10mins and sell on fleabay for £50 and buy a drone/dicky-bow/fish-slice/pair of socks - or put on the kids' pram, pedal car, trike or tee-shirt.

Might as well have them as not - they are free with the car! ........... Just my 2c

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well to be Really honest, if I had a TTS, I'd have it in flashing neon on the rear of the car!
:like:

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
I used a hair dryer on low to warm the glue and then waxed dental floss to pull behind it.
I also used a piece of masking tape and put it over the badge before removing it. It maintains the spacing in case I decide to try to put it back on.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
You know it's funny. Someone asks something about a certain item on there car.
Then everyone pounces on their views on what they like and want.
They didn't ask your opinion and your thoughts about it.
Why do you think your opinion matters on others cars???
Heat gun, fishing line/dental floss works great. Something with alcohol in it will take the rest off with no problem.
Enjoy your ride the way you like it Brotha...
David

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My 2.8L Z3 was baged with 1.0L just for the fun of it 🤣 (had to buy the badge at the Fiat dealership)
Are you planning a V8 badge for your Taycan? Perhaps re-badge to a different manufacturer, like this guy:
Porsche Taycan Removing Model Badge 1683266358361

Porsche Taycan Removing Model Badge 1683266440101

Perhaps re-badge the Taycan as an Acura NSX, or a Toyota Prius is you feel like going low key? ;)

Last edited: