Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
no idea, I have not been over, just saw it on my app, but I suspect its just a basic socket
Sounds like it. Good that your app is working. Lots of people on here complaining that the app doesn’t work. Good luck.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Something to do with the regen not working at full capacity for the first month or so..

OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Quick update on how the journey with my Taycan 4S is going. I've driven 3500 km so far and plan to write a proper review at 10000 km.

I've driven a couple of longer trips and used some public chargers. They do mostly work, but I've ran into minor issues. Nothing that would ruin a trip. Also I've used 150kw & 350kw hyperchargers, the latter was of course Ionity. They worked well. The 150kw charger I've used many times and last time I got actually the exact max out of it, like 149.x kw. For almost the entire charge. With Ionity I maxed at a little over 200 for a short while.

The problem I've run into a lot with some slower chargers is that the "negotiation" often fails on the first time but then works on the 2nd attempt. With a new attempt I mean putting the plug back and re-authenticating to the charger and doing it all from step 1. On one charger it was actually the fifth time it worked. So sometimes that requires a bit of patience. At home I'm charging at 11kw, no problems with that whatsoever. The home charger was ordered from a local EV charger installation company. The device is ABL Sursum eMH1. Pretty basic in features but seems robust and reliable.

The range of the car is impressive and quite sufficient for me. I visited lapland just recently and had no problems. Just a bit more waiting because there are no hyperchargers there. But it went well. IF you drive slowly you can get 450km out of the car in summer conditions. I have the larger battery of course. My actual range has been smaller as I don't really drive that slowly.

On the recent drive to lapland I used the range mode for the first time, as I was going to cut it close a little bit, and didn't want to risk it. Range mode is quite ok for relaxed driving in a country road. It'll still respond to the accelerator if needed and one can always switch the mode easily. In fact I often switch to Sport since the accelerator is much more responsive then. Normal/range is for chill driving and sport/sport plus for aggressive driving.

In fact it's quite remarkable how flexible the car is in its different use cases. It is a very comfortable car for long distance driving and any sort of chilled out driving in fact. Just remarkable. Drives like an ocean liner in calm waters. But then in the sport driving modes and really pushing it, it's QUITE capable. Whatever the mood you're in, or the purpose of the drive, Taycan will deliver. Guaranteed.

It also has a good amount of storage space, in my opinion. The trunk+frunk combined is enough for most purposes. The only issue is the trunk opening is a bit small, and some stuff just doesn't fit due to that, but I've found a workaround for those issues and overall quite happy with the storage space. One workaround was buying new baby strollers, just for travelling. :)

Not all has gone perfectly to date though. As I was driving back from my visit to lapland, I was performing an overtake on a country road and there was a crow eating something in the middle of the road. The crow tried to fly away but couldn't do it in time, and it hit straight into the right front lights of the car. I clearly felt the hit, a crow isn't a small bird.

One could say the Taycan was too fast for a crow.

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200727_200957

Shit happens, one could say. New parts have been ordered and I will soon get that fixed. Also got word that the new updates will be done to my car on the same appointment. That's nice, since I don't have the dealership, or any Porsche dealership, in this city. It's always a trip to another city.

For those curious, those lights still work. They don't blink any longer, but otherwise work. I have taped the underside so that water doesn't go inside. They also recommended to not drive in the rain for now, until it's fixed.

After the hit happened I actually had an appointment to do ceramic coating on the car the next day, and after some consultation it was agreed the broken light cover doesn't matter. They can still do it. They will do a checkup and apply some additional stuff on the car in 1 month anyway, so they can process the fixed front light cover then.

Here are some pictures of the car after the coating:

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200730_154125
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200730_154146
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200730_154157
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200730_154134
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200730_154215

Last edited:

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Hi
Nice car. I also ordered the standard 19” rims, but I really think the tires looks stupid. The continental have some disgusting marks on the side. Or is it just me?
I ordered a set of 21” mission E also, so until now the 19” are just Sitting in the garage

OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi
Nice car. I also ordered the standard 19” rims, but I really think the tires looks stupid. The continental have some disgusting marks on the side. Or is it just me?
I ordered a set of 21” mission E also, so until now the 19” are just Sitting in the garage
The 19" tires do split the crowd quite a bit. I personally like them. Not like the prettiest possible but not bad either. Just ok.

Balancing out the okness for me was for one the fact that Finnish roads suck. The 19" tires will be the most durable ones. And 2nd reason of course the price. To make 4S much cheaper than the Turbo one can't just "spec it all". :)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The 19" tires do split the crowd quite a bit. I personally like them. Not like the prettiest possible but not bad either. Just ok.

Balancing out the okness for me was for one the fact that Finnish roads suck. The 19" tires will be the most durable ones. And 2nd reason of course the price. To make 4S much cheaper than the Turbo one can't just "spec it all". :)
I ordered the standard 19" ones myself. Those are OK-looking but not the prettiest. However, on the terrible New Jersey roads with potholes galore (particularly in the town where I live), bigger ones are not really an option for me. Already damaged and cracked so many rims on other cars here...

OP
OP

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was getting some takeaway downtown and walked away from the car. Had to not just look back but take a couple of pics. It's such a gorgeous car :involve:

Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200802_191431
Porsche Taycan My Taycan 4S is here! IMG_20200802_191417

Will get the right side headlights fixed next week. They will be doing the update campaign to the car during the same appointment.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Congratulations! The 19s look really good nice to see then in a picture as I ordered with them also

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Singularity I just can't agree enough that the greatest strength of the Taycan, and what makes it truly remarkable, is how well it does everything. Highway cruiser? One of the best. Daily driver around town? One of the best. Backroad/canyon carver? One of the best.

It's not a "Jack of all trades" it's truly a "King of all trades". Would I prefer a 992 4S on a backroad? I honestly don't know, it's really close, and I know I prefer the Taycan everywhere else by a mile. Also I absolutely love that I can drive like a raving lunatic and there's no engine noise giving it away to other people. People just don't realize how fast and aggressively you're driving in an EV because they can't hear it, which makes me more likely to fully enjoy the car.