Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
What do people think of the FREE two-tone partial leather limestone beige option? Seems like a great deal since no upcharge for two-tone but not sure about not having more leather on a $120k+ car. I also don't know how I feel about the prominent seam running across the dashboard which is nicely stitched if you get leather.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What do people think of the FREE two-tone partial leather limestone beige option? Seems like a great deal since no upcharge for two-tone but not sure about not having more leather on a $120k+ car. I also don't know how I feel about the prominent seam running across the dashboard which is nicely stitched if you get leather.
The Standard interior looks very nice and certainly not out of place. I was quite skeptical up until I actually received my car, but it's very nice. Given the seating position, the screens, and the way the dash is set up.. I actually don't think you benefit as much from leather in this car as in others. There are just other visual points of interest. They've also drastically upgraded the materials and it really does just look like leather w/o stitching.

I'd strongly consider the new free two tone Standard interior, I think it's really a fantastic deal.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Finally... Now I can Spec a red Turbo with a purple interior.
Or I can just keep my Black on Black.
Decisions... Decisions...

Anyone got a spare $200k?
<<<crickets>>>
Yeah, me neither.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally... Now I can Spec a red Turbo with a purple interior.
Or I can just keep my Black on Black.
Decisions... Decisions...

Anyone got a spare $200k?
<<<crickets>>>
Yeah, me neither.
Red? You go Frozen Berry w/ Bramble interior and never look back. Obviously.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Red? You go Frozen Berry w/ Bramble interior and never look back. Obviously.
I really love the Cherry Red. Bramble berry interior. Red seatbelts. Wood trim. And a purple pimp hat with a big feather. Damn. I’d rock it.

I’m gonna need a LOT more money.
(looks skyward, hoping for a rain of gold bullion)

Jasco999

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Cad. Escalade, 2018 Range Rover, 2018 Yukon Denali XL
Country flag
Thanks for alerting us that the 2021 Taycan Configurator is now up in the US. I noticed that apparently the Mobile Charger Connect is now included as a free ($0) option instead of the $1,210 obligatory option for the 2020 model year? Other than that, the remaining prices for 2021 seem to be identical to the 2020 ones, at least for the 4S. So, basically the Taycan became a bit cheaper...
Make sure to get the correct cable length from the charger to the car. Ours came with the short 9’ cable, once the car left the dealership- as the cable was too short, they wanted almost $900 for the free option, 24’ replacement. I was able to work it out, not before threatening to call the president of Porsche Cars NA.

cjne

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021, Tesla Model S P100D 2019
Country flag
How do you tell if it's the 2020 configurator or 2021? I believe the swedish configurator is still 2020 but i'm not sure...
The onboard AC charger is speced at 11kW still which i believe should be 22kW for 2021?

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
How do you tell if it's the 2020 configurator or 2021? I believe the swedish configurator is still 2020 but i'm not sure...
The onboard AC charger is speced at 11kW still which i believe should be 22kW for 2021?
One way would be the presence of the new colors or the availability of the heads up display.

cjne

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021, Tesla Model S P100D 2019
Country flag
One way would be the presence of the new colors or the availability of the heads up display.
Ah thanks, in that case we have 2021 in Sweden as well.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
After having full leather on two Porsches, it just looks wrong to me to not have the beautifully stitched dash. I'm getting full leather & still disappointed that it won't have the door stitching. Porsche does a fabulous job with it. But those who've never had it won't miss it.
Sponsored