Nobody talking about the revised 2022 configurator?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Nobody noticed the configurator has changed for the 2022 model year? They now have a remote parking option, and electric folding mirrors are now included in the premium package. Aluminum pedals now also an option.
Sponsored

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Nobody noticed the configurator has changed for the 2022 model year? They now have a remote parking option, and electric folding mirrors are now included in the premium package. Aluminum pedals now also an option.
I don't think it's updated in the US market yet...

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Would be stoked I didn’t wait if those were the only upgrades for 2022

OP
OP

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think it's updated in the US market yet...
Oh no wonder. It's updated here in Canada. There aren't really any other upgrades that I can see.

OP
OP

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any price changes?
Yes, they increased the base price by about CD$1200. The electric folding mirrors are now included in the premium package, and they just raised the price of the package to account for this. Also, the new Active Parking Support is now CD$1830 instead of $1250 because they now include remote parking with your iPhone. No way in hell I would trust the iPhone to park the car for me remotely!

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
How do model years work? I have a build that locks (supposedly) in 3 weeks, with an expected Late Sept/October delivery. If they update the configurator will that still be a '21 or will it swap to a 22'?

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Likely it will be a 2021. New model year usually land in late November/December. I would not a buy a current model year that late in the cycle as your car becomes a year old with associated depreciation a month later.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
Yes, they increased the base price by about CD$1200. The electric folding mirrors are now included in the premium package, and they just raised the price of the package to account for this. Also, the new Active Parking Support is now CD$1830 instead of $1250 because they now include remote parking with your iPhone. No way in hell I would trust the iPhone to park the car for me remotely!
Just checked it out as well. So if you chose the technology package you cannot pick remote parking? Nor can you pick 3D surround? It’s a bit confusing.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Likely it will be a 2021. New model year usually land in late November/December. I would not a buy a current model year that late in the cycle as your car becomes a year old with associated depreciation a month later.
Agreed, seems weird for them to produce 1 month worth of Cross Turismo's then switch to a new model year... but I guess that's what they'll do.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
How do model years work? I have a build that locks (supposedly) in 3 weeks, with an expected Late Sept/October delivery. If they update the configurator will that still be a '21 or will it swap to a 22'?
Mine was delivered in the second week of October 2020 and it was still a MY2020.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Are you sure it's changed? The UK version is still showing MY21
Porsche Taycan Nobody talking about the revised 2022 configurator? Screenshot from 2021-06-15 09-01-25

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If I launch my code, I'm redirected to "usa" (see screenshot), and I'm getting that black rear part that I definitely didn't order....

Porsche Taycan Nobody talking about the revised 2022 configurator? 1

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
If I launch my code, I'm redirected to "usa" (see screenshot), and I'm getting that black rear part that I definitely didn't order....

1.png
It seems to be tied to Park Assist. They're probably just missing an image asset for the extra sensor in the configurator. Not entirely sure why this broke now, though.