Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi there

New to the forum and 1st post in here. I have been reading it quite extensively lately since I just placed the order today for a new Taycan 4S. First Porsche and first EV :) My build is:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLW2D8W6

I have been making a lot of configurations and I'm not all decided on the colour, as of now I'm going with Volcano, but the Gentian Blue is also on the list, so is the Dolomite Silver.

Cheers
Jacob
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Hi there

New to the forum and 1st post in here. I have been reading it quite extensively lately since I just placed the order today for a new Taycan 4S. First Porsche and first EV :) My build is:

I have been making a lot of configurations and I'm not all decided on the colour, as of now I'm going with Volcano, but the Gentian Blue is also on the list, so is the Dolomite Silver.

Cheers
Jacob

NB! Still driving my BMW M40i hence the "avatar"
Nice car! Over a million though!! ;)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi there

Cheers
Jacob

NB! Still driving my BMW M40i hence the "avatar"
Hi and first of all welcome to the Forum. Nice to see further orders from Denmark. I know cars are extremely expensive in Denmark, but do EV’s get some advantage compared to ICE cars? My previous experience was that there were huge tax on cars in Denmark.

Your build looks very nice and it is all about personal taste and wishes. I can give you some thoughts about my own spec. But it is all about your preferences. Here is a shot at my comments.

I would not choose a dark colour since I live in a warm country. Been there done that. Love the lighter colours like Carrera White or Silver.
I also love the matrix lights and I drive a lot in the countryside without any street lighting. They are costly though, but very good.
Personally I would not pay that amount of money for Comfort Entry and the risk of theft that has been associated with it. Too expensive for what I value.
Adaptive speed ? I like to drive the car myself and there is some cruise control as standard.
Have you looked at the Black leather with Crayon? I think that looks sharper than the Chalk Beige. Especially on the doors.
I would rather have gone for the 4 wheel steering than the Servo plus. Valuable when parking and in tight spots.
Ambient lighting is something I would play with a few times and then not bother? So not high on my wish list.
I also like the Surround view and you have some expensive wheels there so......

This is just my wish list and my preferences.
Good luck and congratulations on placing an order!

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Hi Jacob! Skal du til åbenthus i weekenden?
Hej
Thomas Fyn

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@JacobDK not sure if you have the packages in your country, but if so you should look at the Premium Package, it has many of the items that you have selected as a better price. I know because I have selected many of the same.

I would strongly recommend the 4 wheel steering, from most every review people rave about it especially for such a large car.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi and first of all welcome to the Forum. Nice to see further orders from Denmark. I know cars are extremely expensive in Denmark, but do EV’s get some advantage compared to ICE cars? My previous experience was that there were huge tax on cars in Denmark.

Your build looks very nice and it is all about personal taste and wishes. I can give you some thoughts about my own spec. But it is all about your preferences. Here is a shot at my comments.

I would not choose a dark colour since I live in a warm country. Been there done that. Love the lighter colours like Carrera White or Silver.
I also love the matrix lights and I drive a lot in the countryside without any street lighting. They are costly though, but very good.
Personally I would not pay that amount of money for Comfort Entry and the risk of theft that has been associated with it. Too expensive for what I value.
Adaptive speed ? I like to drive the car myself and there is some cruise control as standard.
Have you looked at the Black leather with Crayon? I think that looks sharper than the Chalk Beige. Especially on the doors.
I would rather have gone for the 4 wheel steering than the Servo plus. Valuable when parking and in tight spots.
Ambient lighting is something I would play with a few times and then not bother? So not high on my wish list.
I also like the Surround view and you have some expensive wheels there so......

This is just my wish list and my preferences.
Good luck and congratulations on placing an order!
Hey thanks for the extensive reply and your thoughts on my build.

Your spot on regarding taxes on cars in Denmark. Its a very compicated system but basically fossil fueled cars are, depending on value taxed at 85% and 150% (the lower part at 85%). Moreover we have a 25% sales tax. EVs are currently "only" taxed 20% for most of the price (of a Taycan) plus sales tax (25%), but taxes are, if rules do not change, about to rise in the coming years from 2021 and onwards. So there's some benefit in have the car under current regulations as things are at the moment.

Regarding colour - Denmark is by no means "hot" - in the summertime we are more than happy if temperatures pass 25 degrees Celsius - more than 30 - all the tops come of at the beaches ;) Darker colours can on the other hand be quite hard to keep (clean) - which is my main concern on the choice of Volcano. Agree white looks amazing on the Taycan - but I'm afraid it would be a bit to much "show-off" colour here where the law of jante rules.. (nobody shall think they are more than others etc. crap).

I have matrix now - newer use it - since I rarely drive on country roads. The standard lighting does have "cornerlighting", high beam assist etc. Moreover I would be concerned that sparepart theft would be an issue on more expensive lightoptions.

CE - I have had cars with and without Comfort Entry. Now since I have fumbled several times with the buttons on the key whilst they are in my pocket - sometimes opening the boot (trunk) by mistake - it's an option I will prefer. Moreover - the "Frunk" can be accessed by touch on the frontbumber which is practical since there's no button to open it outside the car (except the key). Regarding theft - the risk is very low now. The keys "fall asleep" if the motionsensor in the keys are not triggered. It's a new functionality which makes the "suitcase" theftmethod useless. Porsche actually had the best results in a recent test in this regard (along with BMW).

Adaptive Speedcontrol - I was in many years of same conviction as you. But now traffic is so bad on my dayli commute to Copenhagen, it's my single most favorite option on my current car. It's so relaxing to drive with - and getting to learn the limitations of the systems - I've been able to use it on about 85% of the drive! Long drives are also much more relaxing - especially on my lumbar since the feet/legs can stay very straight at all times (im 193cm - 6"4).

Man have I looked at Black/Crayon. By far the most cool on the configurator IMHO. But my dealer warned me on the Crayon - it's (according to him) basically white, and then my habit of wearing jeans and hauling kids kind of kills of the idea. I have a "beige leather" now similar to the Chalk Beige - and its just tolerable in practical regards, since I only have time/energy to clean leather circa 4-5 times pr. year ;)

Kind of interested on the 4 wheel steering. Dealer said if I intend to do trackdays with it - he would suggest "all" the performance options. But if its for everyday and an occasional long trip - Porsche makes great cars even in standard trim. He tried the cars so I kind of trust him on that. I've tried it on the 991 TURBO on track, and disliked the way the rear was not dependable pressing hard on - tried it on several cars through time - and actually never liked it, since the basic dynamics of the car get "layered". I would like to try it on the Taycan if possible before locking the order - since the Taycan is a very heavy car - and perhaps its the difference that makes it more responsive and "light footed". Since I will buy (not lease) the concern of future expensive repairs do seem to spook me a bit ;)

Ambient lighting - its often dark here (in December/January its dark when I drive to and from work) so any form of mood is good. Moreover we Danes are supposed to be good at "hygge" (being cosy) so I basically think its an option we're not allowed to skip on :)

Very much considering the Surround view! But it has to be good - tried it on a 2019 Merc E-class and it was no help in a Belgian underfloor garage. I kan drive the car / wheels within 10 cm (3 inches) without cameras. My dealer actually talked me in the the reversing camera due to resale value, no cameras on my first build. I like the radars though, and since I have the upgraded seats with memory the sideview mirror has an automatic function where it tilts the mirror in a way the sidewalk “boundry” can be seen! Any experiences on how good it is? Saw the "Doug DeMuoro" video - but it (SRW) didn't seem convincing to me there.

Best - Jacob

Last edited:

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
@JacobDK not sure if you have the packages in your country, but if so you should look at the Premium Package, it has many of the items that you have selected as a better price. I know because I have selected many of the same.

I would strongly recommend the 4 wheel steering, from most every review people rave about it especially for such a large car.

No packages here, No discount, No car to see before order but that's not holding us back!

Thanks on the input regarding 4WS - going to look into it / try it out before order is locked..

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Charlie,

I think you’re right, the PSCB is a good balance at just over 1/3 the price of the ceramic brakes. I’m sure the red brakes stop well also with regen taking the brunt of stopping. The humid climate is the tipping point for me.
Thank you for the suggestions and insights as I finalize my 4S build. I’ve added the Range Manger (Thx Reg) and reconfirmed the other options. I have one last question as I finalize this build. What color interior, black or grey? The exterior is frozen blue metallic and I had selected the black interior after ruling out light colors that may show jeans color transfer over time. As I was trying all interior colors I realized the grey also might be a good match with the blue exterior and lighten up the interior a touch (it’s a warm weather car). I know part of this is a very personal choice, and it’s hard to go wrong with black, but any experiences with the pros/cons of grey would be appreciated.

Here’s the final build in the Grey interior: http://www.porsche-code.com/PL6U4G75

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you for the suggestions and insights as I finalize my 4S build. I’ve added the Range Manger (Thx Reg) and reconfirmed the other options. I have one last question as I finalize this build. What color interior, black or grey? The exterior is frozen blue metallic and I had selected the black interior after ruling out light colors that may show jeans color transfer over time. As I was trying all interior colors I realized the grey also might be a good match with the blue exterior and lighten up the interior a touch (it’s a warm weather car). I know part of this is a very personal choice, and it’s hard to go wrong with black, but any experiences with the pros/cons of grey would be appreciated.

Here’s the final build in the Grey interior: http://www.porsche-code.com/PL6U4G75
I too was considering the Grey interior for the same reasons; however, I was able to see the Slate Grey Leather on a Cayenne at the dealership a few weeks ago, I did not find it very attractive personally, it was just too light I thought. I am now selecting Black or Red/Black. I would suggest you try to see the color before deciding.

Love your PSCB and 20" Arrow choice, I am on the fence to drop that much more. I too have Inno, Passenger Disp, & Premium Pkg and 1/2 of Performance, just holding on PDCC Sport & PTV+. Consider adding the 25' Charge Cable under eMobility, it's a free change in USA and give more flexibility.
Also I got the Smoking package, though I hate the activity it is a nice cover for a cupholder when you only have need for one (and also no-charge selection).

Enjoy your vehicle...

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

wow - great build!

colours are personal choices. Regarding the interior i note that Porsche press cars all seem to have the Frozen blue in combination with a black interior. I like the slate grey in combination with dark blue etc - but hey its personal.

Regarding the exterior - I would consider the black windownsurrounds and black modelname on the bootlid.
My dealer has seen the Frozen blue and noted its a very light colour. I find the black surrounds visually defines the “border” better between glass (windows) and the painted sheet metal. But hey it’s taste and we are all different.

Moreover you could consider the 4+1 seat as it apparrently ads 40-20-40 splitfolding rear seats - that way you can have longer items with you even travelling 4.

you can check it out here:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBIHIX1

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
first of all really nice builds!

I am also specifying frozen blue and have personally decided after many iteration to go with the brown interior to give a nice harmony with my gulf orange accents that i will have the car striped with. However, initially i was very favorable to the red/black leather combination. i think it works beautifully with this blue since it seems to be very changing depending on the light that falls on it. Also considered the problem of keeping the interior nice and the red is not very light so should not be destroyed by jeans kids or even worse, big dogs.... it will be my daily driver;)

personally was not fond of the grey since it seems to have a lot of blue in it rather than a warmer tone...... but then again outside blue inside blue grey obviously has harmony.

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Taycan 4S in Mission e style

Mission4S_large.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

I really like about this black and white configuration in Mission e style the contrast between classic/elegant style the uni colors produce on one side and the sporty/futuristic style that the rest of Taycan design produces on the other side. Looking forward to pick up my 4S on 7 Feb 2020 in Stuttgart directly from the Porsche factory.

Fun fact: I bought with my Taycan not only an eco friendly 100% electric car - in addition I bought my car also locally ... the Porsche factory in Stuttgart is only 71,9 km (44.6 miles) away from my home compared to an Mercedes I picked up before from Sindelfingen factory, which is 73,3 km (45.5 miles) away from my home - so I saved for my Tacyan almost 1 mile buying locally ;)
Love this configuration Mission4S.....any chance can you post the specifications in English? Thx. M