WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My freeze point is coming up shortly and I’m not even sure if my SA formally did it yet, but now I keep thinking about the crest on the head rests. Is it something at least half of people do? I feel like I don’t want to be extra in-your-face about it, but if it’s something that would look sorely lacking maybe I should add it instead of the console crest. Is it historically important to a Porsche? I can’t decide!
Had them on my previous car, only noticed them when cleaning the leather. A console lid crest would be more noticeable (personally I didn't bother, having opted for illuminated sill plates for a little bit of theatre on entry- once inside, people usually remember what they're sitting in 😁 ).
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Had them on my previous car, only noticed them when cleaning the leather. A console lid crest would be more noticeable (personally I didn't bother, having opted for illuminated sill plates for a little bit of theatre on entry- once inside, people usually remember what they're sitting in 😁 ).
They can always read and marvel at the Porsche crest on the centre boss of the steering wheel!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I thought the Acoustically insulated laminated reduces the outside noise. Is this not your experience? I drive on the motorway and at high speeds the wind noise can get annoying. Will this not help? or is it waste of money?
I personally cannot tell the difference in noise level between the two. Once summer is back I should be able to assess the thermal difference but that’s going to be a while.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
They got this part wrong….

“This reduces outside noise by up to 7.3 per cent in a frequency range of 630 hertz to 6.3 kilohertz. “That doesn’t sound like much, but not everyone who’s ever tested the difference in driving conditions is impressed,””

I’ve tested the difference in driving conditions and I’m not impressed 🤣
Amended.
👌

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I haven't done a same day, same bit of road at same speed comparison because the cars I demoed didn't have the noise and heat reduction glass. I did order it based on the engineering data.

I usually choose based on measured data, I made a few expensive mistakes with hifi believing enthusiasts only to find the physics hadn't lied when I did properly controlled comparisons myself. I can't do those with a car so stuck with the data. It is a lot of money for not much gain though and confined to a frequency range which does not encompass chassis rumble (not that it would be expected to!)

I decided on it because any reduction in noise is a bonus for me, I have Asperger's.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I am personally going for
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
Door handles painted in black (high-gloss)
Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss) to give it a proper unified look
I believe the Electric charging cover opener is in black high gloss.
So they all should look great
Ok, I just emailed my SA to check if I can still make a change. I figure either they're closed, or they're going crazy with end of month/year. I asked to just change the side mirrors to the high gloss black trim. I used the picture in my profile of the unveiling for inspiration, and I've always had a thing for same exterior color handles. With all my mass market vehicles the black handles and mirrors were always signs of the lower trims, so I still have that plastered into my head/eyes. But I can see adding the gloss black here since I have it on the windows and wheels too. Just gonna do the mirrors though.

I just can't bring myself to put that crest on the headrests. People seem so split on it too from my research, it's kinda funny. If I was getting a 911 I can see myself doing it. I just don't want any interruptions in that gorgeous blackberry leather, what can I say? God willing, if there's another Porsche in my future, I'll do those headrests for sure.

Happy New Year everyone!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@soomrox
If you are replacing a Model X, wouldn’t a CT or ST be a better fit? You got an X instead of an S for some reason. At the very least, consider your usecases and see whether or not a Taycan Sedan can do it. I am switching out if a Model S and even for me the sedan trunk opening is just too restrictive.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Carmine Red - MY2024
Country flag
@soomrox
If you are replacing a Model X, wouldn’t a CT or ST be a better fit? You got an X instead of an S for some reason. At the very least, consider your usecases and see whether or not a Taycan Sedan can do it. I am switching out if a Model S and even for me the sedan trunk opening is just too restrictive.
The Model X was our family car, we now have a Land rover for that purpose, so going for the sedan model as it suits me now. Thanks

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking to replace my Tesla Model X with a Taycan.
I live in the UK, this car will be my only car and for daily commute. I do around 80 miles a day and majority is on the motorway (Buckinghamshire to London and back)
I do not intend to race or use on the track, main purpose is comfort, luxury feeling and Porsche's amazing drive. Maybe that's why I didn't go for GTS

This is what I have spec'd so far, please provide your guidance. Please note I have another £3500 to add to options but thought you guys can help me spend it :)

http://www.porschecode.com/PPJ65BV2

Highlights of the spec are

• Taycan 4S in Mamba Green
  • Two-Tone Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black/Crayon
  • Comfort seats (14-way, electric) with memory package
  • Massage Function front including Seat Ventilation front
  • SportDesign Package
  • Sport Chrono Package
  • Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
  • Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
  • ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
  • Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
  • 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in black with polished spokes (They just look gorgeous)
  • Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
  • Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
  • Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control
  • Head-Up Display
  • ParkAssist including Surround View (went against the remote parking as never use that feature in my Tesla)
  • Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist (This is mainly going to be useful as I am a motorway driver)
  • HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener)
  • Advanced Climate Control 4-Zone - (Not sure of this as I rarely have passengers, that's why I didn't put heated seats at the back)
  • Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
  • Passenger Display
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Performance Battery Plus
  • Porsche Electric Sport Sound
  • Electric Charging Cover
  • 150kW on-board DC-DC converter
I do need help on the interior, the less plastic at the obvious visible locations will be the better.
chatGPT says

The Porsche Taycan 4S is a great choice and the options you have chosen seem well thought out. The Mamba Green exterior color is a unique and sporty choice, and the two-tone black/crayon leather interior looks luxurious. The comfort seats with massage and ventilation functions, along with the panoramic roof with variable light control, should make for a very comfortable and pleasant driving experience. The SportDesign and Sport Chrono packages add a sportier edge to the car and the advanced climate control and steering wheel heating will be appreciated on colder days. The BOSE surround sound system and Porsche Electric Sport Sound should provide high-quality audio. The Performance Battery Plus and 150 kW on-board DC-DC converter should give you good range and fast charging capabilities.

As for the interior, the options you have chosen should help to minimize the amount of visible plastic. The smooth-finish leather and two-tone color scheme should give the interior a high-end look and feel.

If you have an additional £3500 to spend on options, you may want to consider adding features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Change Assist, and Night Vision Assist to enhance the safety and convenience of your daily commute. You could also consider adding the Adaptive Suspension Management (PASM) option to improve the ride comfort and handling of the car. Alternatively, you could consider adding exterior styling options such as the SportDesign exterior mirrors or the SportDesign side skirts to give the car a more aggressive look.

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Currently have this as a loaner while my GTS ST is having some bits sorted… absolutely love / blown away by Frozen Berry in person and with this spec (GTS) and carbon kit… it really bloody works!!

Porsche Taycan Your expert opinion is requested on a new build Taycan C63DAAB7-5312-4FC0-9AB5-5C66CC6C1509

Porsche Taycan Your expert opinion is requested on a new build Taycan BD7033C7-F29C-47B5-B754-71EC53E771C8

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Currently have this as a loaner while my GTS ST is having some bits sorted… absolutely love / blown away by Frozen Berry in person and with this spec (GTS) and carbon kit… it really bloody works!!
Totally agree. Maximum black trim is the way to go with the pastel colours.
It's a shame that many people will dismiss it, as has clearly been the case considering how long this particular car has been available.
Sponsored