Share impact of Felicity Ace on your delivery date.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
No alternative, I don’t need another car. I just loved the idea of the Taycan, trying an EV, and the styling is amazing. I’m not sure I’m willing to go through the mental and emotional gymnastics for 5 more months. My brain tends to fixate and immerse, so those 5 months will feel much longer in my messed up head. I really need to see how this plays out and do a bit of thinking. ?
I hear you and sorry that you’re dealing with this. Hoping that the folks in this forum can help keep the idea of driving a taycan alive…
Sponsored

ladylow87

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
No alternative, I don’t need another car. I just loved the idea of the Taycan, trying an EV, and the styling is amazing. I’m not sure I’m willing to go through the mental and emotional gymnastics for 5 more months. My brain tends to fixate and immerse, so those 5 months will feel much longer in my messed up head. I really need to see how this plays out and do a bit of thinking. ?
Don't give up!!!! Don't give up the dream! I understand where you are coming from though!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
if the replacement orders are being made available July/August, would it be better to place an order for a MY2023?

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Don't give up!!!! Don't give up the dream! I understand where you are coming from though!
delivery in the last week of July likely means production mid-May. While I wish Porsche would prioritize every felicity customer, I’d say it’s acceptable for VAG to make up for this event in the next 8-10 weeks. Hang in there!!

maybe we can all get free upgrades like this Cayenne buyer::cool:

https://www.autonews.com/retail/vw-...s-begin-sort-out-aftermath-felicity-ace-cargo

Last edited:

stirthepot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I have a Taycan GTS on the way, car is built and at the port, that I may not take delivery of (it will be my second Taycan, wife currently has one). I bought it for MSRP and may be willing to sell it for the same, not looking to make any money, just looking to help someone out if I decide not to take the car.

Dealer is in North Jersey, would be happy to transfer the sale or take the car and resell it if the dealer wouldn't permit transfer. No sales tax on EVs in NJ so MSRP would be the price. Let me know if anyone is interested. Launch car, Porsche Spec.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4VQK45

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
delivery in the last week of July likely means production mid-May. While I wish Porsche would prioritize every felicity customer, I’d say it’s acceptable for VAG to make up for this event in the next 8-10 weeks. Hang in there!!

maybe we can all get free upgrades like this Cayenne buyer::cool:

https://www.autonews.com/retail/vw-...s-begin-sort-out-aftermath-felicity-ace-cargo
I suspect they are reinserting the cars into the current production schedule aggressively, so that they can fulfill the orders as ordered (to head off any pissed off customers) before the model year cutoff (to not f things up too badly) and before any supply situation changes significantly and causes them to have to change things that are not public (exact revisions of parts, etc etc). Plus the factory shutdown in August.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I suspect they are reinserting the cars into the current production schedule aggressively, so that they can fulfill the orders as ordered (to head off any pissed off customers) before the model year cutoff (to not f things up too badly) and before any supply situation changes significantly and causes them to have to change things that are not public (exact revisions of parts, etc etc). Plus the factory shutdown in August.
This would be an interesting case study for logistics and supply chain management.

WarryBhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S, BMW IX3
Country flag
Just curious how this will affect orders already placed because they have 2 options really:
A. Bump already confirmed orders / prod dates AFTER the felicity ace affected orders
B. Take no orders anymore in PY2022 and fill it up with orders from the Felicity Ace

Either option... We'll probably never know 100% certain what they will do internally. IF they choose option A they could blame it on supply chain / Covid reasons or something.

Full disclosure is probably never gonna happen but still it would indeed be an awesome case of supply chain / crisis management.

Last but not least... This really sucks but just to put things in perspective.... We are lucky to be able to buy such great machinery / cars and enjoy them. We get to drive a lot of peoples dream so you don't hear me complaining (much) about a bit of delay....

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Mine was scheduled to be May 1st and not it becomes May 13th.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
@electric9925 @ladylow87 I was at my Porsche dealership today and I had my SA add a couple new options to my configuration. They showed up in TYD so I assume we’re good to make any changes we want. If you haven’t tried yet you should. This makes me feel better about waiting 5 more months for car #2 to arrive.

DrewLawrence

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, VW Phaeton
Country flag
Hi all. Drew here, new here. A bit about me: I'm a VAG-o-phile (who, incidentally, just sealed the deal on a new-to-me Phaeton) and also a writer with a bit of an obsession with cargo carrier accidents. Last year I wrote a piece for Car and Driver about the Golden Ray accident. And now Popular Mechanics has asked me to work up a similar treatment on the doomed Felicity Ace.

Reaching out because I wondered if any group members would be open to going on record with their experiences tracking their mint Taycans right up to their unfortunate end, and also sharing what happens next. (Does Porsche just ship you another? Do you get credits?) If indeed you're game, feel free to reach out to me directly either on the board or at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from y'all. In the meantime, I'll be making myself at home looking for threads on how you all think the Taycan stacks up to the Lucid Air.

Talk soon!

dl
Sponsored