First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
About half of the MSRP of base model?
I didn’t expect that…..I thought up to 30% (don’t know why), but i’m not an expert…

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
About half of the MSRP of base model?
I didn’t expect that…..I thought up to 30% (don’t know why), but i’m not an expert…
Not sure why they even have it listed; assuming only extreme circumstances would warrant having to buy one; and if under warranty it’d be covered by the factory anyway.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
I am a sucker for a sale and since it was over $6k off ..... I bought two of them ...just in case .... does anybody know the best way to store them for the future????

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I am a sucker for a sale and since it was over $6k off ..... I bought two of them ...just in case .... does anybody know the best way to store them for the future????
There’s a small compartment under the trunk. I’d stick them in there so you have them with you if needed. ?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure why they even have it listed; assuming only extreme circumstances would warrant having to buy one; and if under warranty it’d be covered by the factory anyway.
This is probably listed automatically by some inventory software.
There are other reasons you might need a battery like being involved in an accident where the battery structure got damaged. In this case the insurance or you have to pay for the battery.
Btw shipping at $76 is a steal. The battery is so heavy, I don't even thing that regular shipping companies can handle it.

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
This is probably listed automatically by some inventory software.
There are other reasons you might need a battery like being involved in an accident where the battery structure got damaged. In this case the insurance or you have to pay for the battery.
Btw shipping at $76 is a steal. The battery is so heavy, I don't even thing that regular shipping companies can handle it.
And of course, in future, you’ll be able to swap batteries when yours has high mileage; albeit, for much different price point.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
that’s teh 79 kWh battery - wonder how much the bigger one is

but with 8 year 100,000 mile warranty I’m unconcerned - and also not bad for a vehicle that is 8 years old and probably a LOT of miles on it - get a fresh battery and the car will be almost like new…

porsche engines and transmissions are similarily expensive and would need to be replaced about the same time frame and miles as a major battery component.

major drive train components are expensive - that’s a fact.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
actually 50k for 79 kWh of LiON battery storage isn’t bad if you want to build a home power storage system like Powerwalls for having a working powersystem with the grid offline

Tesla Powerwalls are like 7 k each for 14 kwh of storage - so 6 powerwalls is 42k for slightly more than 79 kWh

this is competitive for home powerstorage and probably not a bad consider for obtaining that sort of capacity of high quailty Lion cells…

hmmmmm - wonder what it would take - I’d love 79 kWh of “storage” for when California’s grid goes down.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Don't confuse cost with selling price. EV batteries reportedly "cost" between 70 and 90 euro per kW. That of course has no bearing on what Porsche charges customers.
same as other items….wheels, leather….nameit….at least 10-times more than production costs ?

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
that’s teh 79 kWh battery - wonder how much the bigger one is

but with 8 year 100,000 mile warranty I’m unconcerned - and also not bad for a vehicle that is 8 years old and probably a LOT of miles on it - get a fresh battery and the car will be
My friend has 300k on his Taycan after multiple West coast<——->East coast trips since Jan/2020 and the only thing he’s taken it in for is three tire swaps.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My friend has 300k on his Taycan after multiple West coast<——->East coast trips since Jan/2020 and the only thing he’s taken it in for is three tire swaps.
only three swaps?
Sponsored