Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

I hope you are well.
Have you seen CarPlay on the Taycan ?
Do you know if CarPlay takes 100% of the display ?

Moreover, do you know if there is Carplay WiFi ? (CarPlay without the plug)

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
On mine it takes most of the screen but thankfully leaves the access to major functions in a thin column on the left edge. I do not believe there is any wireless CarPlay (haven’t read manual yet, only plugged mine in). The only hitch is the USB is in the center console, and my iPhone XS Max does not fit in there, so I have to dangle the cable out and crimp it when I close the door as there is no channel in there. Minor oversight.

Edit: found this, don’t know if it will be build option or some kind of installable one.

“Apple CarPlay is available via a USB connection at launch, but with a wireless Bluetooth option coming soon.”

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

I hope you are well.
Have you seen CarPlay on the Taycan ?
Do you know if CarPlay takes 100% of the display ?

Moreover, do you know if there is Carplay WiFi ? (CarPlay without the plug)

Thanks a lot.
Download “Good to Know” App. It states it is both wired and WiFi similar to the Audi eTron. When you are using CarPlay the screen is full with CarPlay with menus on left. In the eTron it’s actually more annoying to turn it off and go back to the MMi very complicated

Porsche Taycan CarPlay wifi ? 699F944A-E06A-4098-8FCE-D886A644F1B6

Porsche Taycan CarPlay wifi ? 43241D4C-6820-4B1F-B9F7-A52C31F1B2C2

Porsche Taycan CarPlay wifi ? 0D7C1281-31F3-4D00-955C-0B8BC1719136

OP
OP
BenJL

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only hitch is the USB is in the center console, and my iPhone XS Max does not fit in there, so I have to dangle the cable out and crimp it when I close the door as there is no channel in there
Oh no !
I have the same phone :(
My dealer told me the space was ok for my phone.
can you make a photo of this problem ?
Is it still possible to use the wireless charger (qi) ?

Have you tried to use any other usb plug ? I believe there is 2 or 3 usb plug for the driver (and 2 in the back)

thanks a lot for all these answers.

Reactions: Reg

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be honest I have not even had a chance to crack the manual yet, I have looked up a couple of things as I needed on the app. I will explore more and answer these questions, including trying to take photos of the phone in the center console. As far as WiFi I believe the pages above are about using the car as a HotSpot not CarPlay. I know on the i8 as soon as I paired my phone it automatically started CarPlay (after asking) via WiFi. I have not see any such thing yet on the Taycan.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Not having CarPlay via WiFi would be a blunder it’s 2020 their sister company Audi already have it it’s not that difficult
I’m surprised a cat that touts itself as the first fully integrated Appel car would not have integrated WiFi for CarPlay
Did you enter your lodging credentials into the Taycan for your iTunes account? Maybe it’s direct via the car not your phone?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Apple Music is built into the console of the car, so there will be a settings option to register your iTunes account. As long as you have Apple Music subscription your good to listen to music there, streaming over the 4g connection. Apple CarPlay is all the other apps, like WhatsApp etc. Cable only to start with. WiFi CarPlay eventually... Agree that it should be there now!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have linked my iTunes account directly during sign up but haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I also have a lot of my music on my phone as direct import, so that is not as important to me. If there is WiFi capability it would be nice, but having it in other cars and plugging in in some its not a big deal for me anyway. Also CarPlay means the phone can not connect to WiFi, for example if I am parked outside the office.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s interesting that wireless CarPlay is listed under the standard equipment on my configuration sheet. Hope it’s activated soon!

Porsche Connect** with wireless Apple® CarPlay includes: online navigation (see Porsche Communication Management), music streaming and online radio, Remote Services, E-mobility services including charge management, control of vehicle parking pre-climatization or range management, a wide range of other Porsche Connect services

**Porsche Connect includes a free subscription period of 36 months. The full range of Porsche Connect services or individual services thereof may not be available in some countries. An integrated LTE-enabled SIM card with data allowance for use of selected Porsche Connect services will be included in some countries. For use of the WiFi hotspot via the integrated, LTE-enabled SIM card, in some of these countries a data package is available to purchase from the Porsche Connect Store. For further information on free subscription periods, follow-on costs and availability of individual services in your country, please visit www.porsche.com/connect or consult your authorized Porsche dealer

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
It’s interesting that wireless CarPlay is listed under the standard equipment on my configuration sheet. Hope it’s activated soon!

Porsche Connect** with wireless Apple® CarPlay includes: online navigation (see Porsche Communication Management), music streaming and online radio, Remote Services, E-mobility services including charge management, control of vehicle parking pre-climatization or range management, a wide range of other Porsche Connect services
Looks like only USA config says the above, UK, Eastern Europe and Australia configurators just say "Porsche Connect with Apple® CarPlay"

Last edited:

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
So as it stands the Taycan doesn't have wireless apple CarPlay but maybe something that is introduced over the air? Not having wireless apple CarPlay is a bit of a deal breaker for me as daft as that sounds. This will be my 'daily' vehicle; I would rather wait until it is formally introduced. I currently use apple CarPlay alot, it's such a faff to have to connect the phone via cable in the centre armrest console. Plus it would make the wireless charger in the Taycan redundant which in itself is such a convenient feature.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I spoke to customer service they said it either should be available now or in the upcoming SOTA that they say addresses some issues. As for wireless charger even if the phone “fits” I have a feeling it won’t stay in place the way most of us will be driving these cars!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh no !
I have the same phone :(
My dealer told me the space was ok for my phone.
can you make a photo of this problem ?
Porsche Taycan CarPlay wifi ? Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 4.42.11 PM

This works fine with the iPhone 11 Pro Max (the biggest one they sell). It easily fits in the QI charger with room to spare.

Attached is a picture of my case in the charger.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was wrong on sizing and phone being held, thanks! Ok time to actually play with the car!
Sponsored

Last edited: