Wheel & Tire Protection Plan

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Premier Tire & Wheel Protection coverage includes:

• Replacement of a tire if structurally damaged to the extent that it fails to hold air due to a covered road hazard, including glass, potholes, debris or nails (includes tires with run-flat technology); tires are never plugged or patched
Sponsored

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
I did it for Taycan Turbo S...2nd time I drove I brushed curb and caused massive damage to wheels and tires. Couldn't remember if I got for sure or not but I had...

they replaced tires and wheels very quickly (few days) and looks brand new which they are :)

Paid for itself x2 right there so glad I did as last another 5 years....

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My brother bought the tire and wheel insurance from the Porsche Dealer ($1,900) for his Boxster. I forget how long it is for, but he just had a wheel repaired (black Carrera rims that had gotten a decent scratch on it). He was happy to have it. Not sure that covered the cost, but he just got the car so plenty more time to recoup.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Anyone have any suggestions on getting a authorized Porsche Wheel and Tire Protection Plan?
The dealer charges are over 3k.
The plan does offer significant benefits and is worth having. If you haven't checked out all aspects of the plan, you can see them here:

Porsche Premier Tire & Wheel Protection - Porsche USA

That said, I wouldn't pay over $3K for it. Your dealer seems to be on the high end of pricing; mine wanted $2500. But just like almost everything else, those numbers are negotiable. After initially declining to purchase the plan at that price and also at a somewhat lower one, we settled on $1850 which I was told was $50 over dealer cost. Whether true or not, this was a point where I felt I was getting good value for my money.

With protection plans, it's not like they are selling you a one-of-a-kind commodity that they could turn around and sell to someone else at a higher price. If they're smart, they're better off registering a sale and making a little money rather than having the customer walk away.

Good luck.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
It's an insurance plan at the end of the day. It's a personal choice if you think it's worth the premium or not for the peace of mind. I choose to buy the inferior product from Discount Tire for my last 911 at 10% of the cost of the Porsche plan for a little peace of mind.

I didn't do anything for the Taycan. I can buy at least 6 new tires for $3000, so I will just keep that money in my pocket.

Mus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I purchased the tire and wheel protection plan via Porsche. After some initial hesitation, they offered me 7 years tire/wheel/rim protection for 3k. I took it, and it has already been useful. I guess I must of scuffed up one of the rims, the Porsche service manager noted and fixed it, when my Taycan went up for software update and warranty work. Cheers.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
It's an insurance plan at the end of the day. It's a personal choice if you think it's worth the premium or not for the peace of mind. I choose to buy the inferior product from Discount Tire for my last 911 at 10% of the cost of the Porsche plan for a little peace of mind.

I didn't do anything for the Taycan. I can buy at least 6 new tires for $3000, so I will just keep that money in my pocket.
All very true. The thing that put me over the top on the decision wasn't the tires, it was wheel replacement. We have some pretty bad rural roads here in the Wine Country with under-water potholes in winter; I ruined an 18" wheel and tire on an Audi S4 Avant a few years back.

The 21" Mission E wheels on my 4S are even more prone to possible damage and cost around $2K each. A single wheel replacement over the lifetime of the policy and it's more than paid for itself.

Yeah, it's insurance, but sometimes insurance is worth having.

Last edited:

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up a screw in one of my 21” rear tires. They replaced the tire. Never any talk of repairing it. Cost me a $50 deductible for a $400+ tire. With all the construction around me & the rough roads / potholes, it seemed like a sensible option.

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
I used my tire warranty on Wednesday. I got a flat in NY, but bought the car and warranty in NJ. The NY Porsche dealer replaced the tire the same day and did the recall update. Before doing the work he told me I would be charged $30 because my warranty was from a different company and they only covered $40 for mounting and they charge $70. Then, today he texted me asking me to rate him a 10 on the Porsche Survey? I feel nickeled and dimed so not sure it deserves a 10. What do you think?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I used my tire warranty on Wednesday. I got a flat in NY, but bought the car and warranty in NJ. The NY Porsche dealer replaced the tire the same day and did the recall update. Before doing the work he told me I would be charged $30 because my warranty was from a different company and they only covered $40 for mounting and they charge $70. Then, today he texted me asking me to rate him a 10 on the Porsche Survey? I feel nickeled and dimed so not sure it deserves a 10. What do you think?
Give him a 1!!

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Fuzzy math but:
$70 (3rd party warranty)
-$40 (dealer coverage)
=3.0 Rating?

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Only resurrecting this briefly to confirm that I did have the first punctured tire that was losing pressure slowly. They did replace it. No questions asked. No copay. Great plan overall

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
All very true. The thing that put me over the top on the decision wasn't the tires, it was wheel replacement. We have some pretty bad rural roads here in the Wine Country with under-water potholes in winter; I ruined an 18" wheel and tire on an Audi S4 Avant a few years back.

The 21" Mission E wheels on my 4S are even more prone to possible damage and cost around $2K each. A single wheel replacement over the lifetime of the policy and it's more than paid for itself.

Yeah, it's insurance, but sometimes insurance is worth having.
The 21" Mission E Wheel cost was has me wanting to get it. If I can get it around $1,800-2 it would pay for it self with one wheel.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I got the coverage and glad to have it. I curbed the passenger side wheels going through a bank drive through. Repaired perfectly, no charge.
then a slow leak on a rear tire. Nail. Replaced no charge.
Sponsored