CHALK Taycan Club

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Here you go!
Mods- techart 22” wheels, sport side skirts with gloss black inserts, clear side turn signal markers, full body matte wrap with ceramic coating, and tint.
B608A731-FE1C-43CA-BC35-ECF6B77BF608.jpeg
F8ED5FCA-45C9-413C-A762-A87644694A99.jpeg
41F7222B-8A85-4813-820F-F93B81AF00AA.jpeg
3D462015-2E7A-41C0-9B82-8FB4291D814D.jpeg
Damn you sir! I was really happy with my spec, delivered Dec 28, until I saw your tail lights and noticed they were darker than mine. Sure enough, I had missed the black tail light option. I’d optioned the black led matrix lights, black emblem, black window surrounds, black mission e wheels, black PSCB calipers and missed this one item! Might have to get some tint on those….

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club ED10A183-5009-4CCC-AD19-C921049C1F75

Last edited:

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Here you go!
Mods- techart 22” wheels, sport side skirts with gloss black inserts, clear side turn signal markers, full body matte wrap with ceramic coating, and tint.
B608A731-FE1C-43CA-BC35-ECF6B77BF608.jpeg
F8ED5FCA-45C9-413C-A762-A87644694A99.jpeg
41F7222B-8A85-4813-820F-F93B81AF00AA.jpeg
3D462015-2E7A-41C0-9B82-8FB4291D814D.jpeg
OMG!!! I love it!!! That Matt finish is so cool!!!! ? What is the name of the ceramic coating? Probs and Cons? Basically, hand washes only, right?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG!!! I love it!!! That Matt finish is so cool!!!! ? What is the name of the ceramic coating? Probs and Cons? Basically, hand washes only, right?
I take my ceramic coated cars through an in-bay automatic; yes the chemicals might accelerate the ceramic coating breakdown, but that isn’t that expensive to redo (bottle of Halo is about $75). I don’t have home washing capabilities and I like the convince of an automatic wash - especially in these wonderful Ohio winter months.

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I take my ceramic coated cars through an in-bay automatic; yes the chemicals might accelerate the ceramic coating breakdown, but that isn’t that expensive to redo (bottle of Halo is about $75). I don’t have home washing capabilities and I like the convince of an automatic wash - especially in these wonderful Ohio winter months.
Nice! I bet you got quite a lot of attention already. (Jealous?...) Congrats on your amazing matt finish. Dang, it! How come I didn't think about that. ?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice! I bet you got quite a lot of attention already. (Jealous?...) Congrats on your amazing matt finish. Dang, it! How come I didn't think about that. ?
The matt finish is tibiafx1 not mine; but I agree with you - that matt finish on his car is sweet! I just went with a regular PPF.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Damn you sir! I was really happy with my spec, delivered Dec 28, until I saw your tail lights and noticed they were darker than mine. Sure enough, I had missed the black tail light option. I’d optioned the black led matrix lights, black emblem, black window surrounds, black mission e wheels, black PSCB calipers and missed this one item! Might have to get some tint on those….

ED10A183-5009-4CCC-AD19-C921049C1F75.jpeg
That’s funny, but I think it’s just the lighting in that pic. I didn’t spec a dark tail light option on my build nor do I think it was available at the time of my build in June 2021.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s funny, but I think it’s just the lighting in that pic. I didn’t spec a dark tail light option on my build nor do I think it was available at the time of my build in June 2021.
That’s as may be, but now I know I missed it on mine and sleepless nights ahead.

Seriously though, when I look at my picture, they are pretty dark too.

Another check in the configurator actually shows it’s the Porsche logo in black and not tail lights. So all is now good in the world (mine at least).

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
The matt finish is tibiafx1 not mine; but I agree with you - that matt finish on his car is sweet! I just went with a regular PPF.
Oh well...even though we don't have matt chalk at least we are still in the same chalk family... ?

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
It’s even better in person. The coating is specific to the matte PPF and called Halo by Gtechniq. No cons as of yet. Washing will be super easy. I hand wash my cars myself. Don’t ever place your beautiful Porsche in one of those drive through car washes!
https://gtechniq.com/

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s even better in person. The coating is specific to the matte PPF and called Halo by Gtechniq. No cons as of yet. Washing will be super easy. I hand wash my cars myself. Don’t ever place your beautiful Porsche in one of those drive through car washes!
https://gtechniq.com/
Halo is also used on the regular PPF. It’s what I have applied.

Several types of drive through washes, contactless in-bay, contact in-bay and tunnel. I only use the first, water and chemicals only touching the car - do that all the time with my Raptor and Macan.

Cayman I mainly use the self serve bay; but occasionally use the IBA.

Yes; the chemicals might not be ideal - but I don’t have much choice and they aren’t on the vehicle long - and it depends on the wash selection - I don’t do the hot waxes etc as the car has the ceramic

Taycan has only been rinsed using spot-free rinse in a self serve bay.

I would never take mine through a tunnel

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag

ED10A183-5009-4CCC-AD19-C921049C1F75.jpeg
Do you mind sharing a side on view? thanks so much

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Anyone got a chalk/crayon exterior with a black interior, neodym trim and chalk/crayon seatbelts?

I'm placing an order for a GTS and am considering what interior choices I should consider. Unfortunately I find the extent of Alacantara on the GTS too much.