KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Ken, have you been given an indication of timing, I've been told next year!
Hi Boss Hog. Dealer Principal told me June/July this year. One would imagine that he is well informed, but who knows?
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Red or blue shift depending on whether I am travelling towards or away from the observer I imagine. Does this mean that my top speed relative to the observer will be greater in Gentian Blue?
Hmm, well at least when you launch away from someone, they might be tricked in to thinking that you're heading towards them- could be useful in a pursuit situation.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just noticed a strange design choice for the Turbos- the steering wheel crest is monochrome, a step too far with the Turbonite makeover IMO, the colour crest would be a welcome splash of colour in what is commonly a large area in black.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Just noticed a strange design choice for the Turbos- the steering wheel crest is monochrome, a step too far with the Turbonite makeover IMO, the colour crest would be a welcome splash of colour in what is commonly a large area in black.
All Turbos (incl Macan) will get this treatment on the exterior baking and steering wheel. No way to option it off AFAIK.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Nice to meet you too Sergey. I am still tweaking my config and will post when I’m done. Gentian 1 - Jet 0.

There are some nice unrestricted roads just over the English Channel in Europe and that’s where I reckon I’ll be kicking down. I took my Audi RS7 to 170MPH (for approximately 1.5 seconds - white knuckles) on one of those very roads. Amazing how drivers in front kindly get out of the way for you 🙏
That sounds amazing, but I think you may have a potential issue already.
What if they intro a Turbo GT with 1,200 HP, then you may be looking at another top dog passing you by on those amazing roads and you will know it, since it will have a wing on the back :idea:
They might be delaying it for a reason, not to detract anyone from ordering a Turbo S now.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Me, my lease ends late summer so looking to get into a Gen2, been told no cars until 2025, surprised demand is so high.
Nice to meet you, Boss Hogg, I love it as I want to be wrong, please post your build.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That sounds amazing, but I think you may have a potential issue already.
What if they intro a Turbo GT with 1,200 HP, then you may be looking at another top dog passing you by on those amazing roads and you will know it, since it will have a wing on the back :idea:
They might be delaying it for a reason, not to detract anyone from ordering a Turbo S now.
Hmmm, I hadn’t thought of that. 1000HP is definitely not enough. Seriously though, it’s getting a bit daft, what with all this power.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Hmmm, I hadn’t thought of that. 1000HP is definitely not enough. Seriously though, it’s getting a bit daft, what with all this power.
You have to remember that the higher horsepower is an absolute necessity to compensate for battery weight in a BEV. 1000 hp is probably a good starting point. :giggle:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I was told this morning that my build freeze is in four days for an April build and June delivery. We'll see
This is odd, as I'd expect the transition to the refresh to happen at the same time with the change of model year. Perhaps they can build J1 I and II side by side, but I would be extremely wary of an April build (not) being pre-refresh.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You have to remember that the higher horsepower is an absolute necessity to compensate for battery weight in a BEV. 1000 hp is probably a good starting point. :giggle:
Won’t the Porsche Active Skyhook (pdf page 26) relieve the battery of some of its weight? 🪝😊

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is odd, as I'd expect the transition to the refresh to happen at the same time with the change of model year. Perhaps they can build J1 I and II side by side, but I would be extremely wary of an April build (not) being pre-refresh.
I’m always wary, but have been hearing for a while from different sources that dealers expect refresh vehicles on the lot by summer. Again, we’ll see

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
What ya'll dont' realize is this refresh model launched in New Zealand last fall according to a very adament person lol.
Sponsored