rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
That bumper look is hard to overcome for me from pictures alone at this point and the rear fake vents is just a non-starter cheap Kia look to me.
the non Turbos have the nicer and cleaner look gotten rid of the plastic "tears" below the head lights...

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
SergeyIndy said:
That bumper look is hard to overcome for me from pictures alone at this point and the rear fake vents is just a non-starter cheap Kia look to me.

the non Turbos have the nicer and cleaner look gotten rid of the plastic "tears" below the head lights...
I always loved the tears on the car - sad to see them changed.

As to the Kia design comment, perhaps Chevy is more appropriate, as the Kia/Hyundai guys have been killing it on design lately.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I always loved the tears on the car - sad to see them changed.

As to the Kia design comment, perhaps Chevy is more appropriate, as the Kia/Hyundai guys have been killing it on design lately.
I think Kia and also HyundaI with the Ioniq 5 have been doing a great job :rock:

I think we have a few over-reactions here. The newer non-turbo design is quite clean, albeit it does lose something. It's not exactly a disaster :CWL: and the turbo bumper cut-outs are a little jarring to my eyes, but in the video's (and not pictures), don't spoil the overall look of the car too much.

I am interested to see the new cars IRL and I'll be further interested to see what else Porsche do with their range of cars

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
I think Kia and also HyundaI with the Ioniq 5 have been doing a great job :rock:

I think we have a few over-reactions here. The newer non-turbo design is quite clean, albeit it does lose something. It's not exactly a disaster :CWL: and the turbo bumper cut-outs are a little jarring to my eyes, but in the video's (and not pictures), don't spoil the overall look of the car too much.

I am interested to see the new cars IRL and I'll be further interested to see what else Porsche do with their range of cars
Yeah, I'll be keeping my 2021 for a while yet, but a lot of the changes are what I would have hoped to see, so quite happy overall. I am very curious if they will keep marketing the HD matrix headlight stuff since none of the VAG group cars truly enable those in the US still.

My wife's 2023 Audi eTron for example has the highest-end lights they make (the ones that are basically movie projectors like these HD matrix ones) and they are 100% disabled except for startup animations. Really disappointing. I've seen claims about how the US regulations require different beam angles, but with mutli-pixel lights like this, programming a new pattern should be trivial.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just found out the new mission e wheels from MyPorsche app.

IMG_0099.jpg
While the new Mission E’s in the configurator don’t look exactly like these, I like the Gen 1 (less efficient) Mission E wheel more… along with the tear drop vents.

As someone else mentioned, FOD for increased launch control would be fun for Gen 1 owners; although, not sure how it’d be enabled without the button in the sport chrono wheel. Maybe every time I hit the diamond on my steering wheel for next music track, I also get increased HP! 😆

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I’m kinda holding out for release of a GTS having traded in my Gen1 Turbo and a 4S on provisional order! As production is imminent I’m going to have to make my decision soon -

Has anyone heard murmurs of GTS gen2 release? 🤔

QUOTE="Kev946, post: 288941, member: 8261"]
I've checked the France configurator but no GTS so if I had have waited I would have ended up with a 4S and the same power but cost me more money so no brainer for me and I'm happy I didn't wait for the Gen 2.

I'm not keen on the cosmetics of the Gen 2, it just doesn't look as good/unique. I like the tech, but not bothered about range but like the sound of the active suspension. Being a GTS owner and being no GTS Gen 2 I wonder whether this will help my residuals a bit. It may at least make it easier to sell although no plans to sell for a good few years yet. I guess it depends on when or if we will see a Gen 2 GTS.
[/QUOTE]

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
While the new Mission E’s in the configurator don’t look exactly like these, I like the Gen 1 (less efficient) Mission E wheel more… along with the tear drop vents.

As someone else mentioned, FOD for increased launch control would be fun for Gen 1 owners; although, not sure how it’d be enabled without the button in the sport chrono wheel. Maybe every time I hit the diamond on my steering wheel for next music track, I also get increased HP! 😆
Those are actually the new 21” Exclusive Design wheels without the carbon fibre blades.

d00d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes
Country flag
One has to change to 3D view to see the actual blade shape, 2D is inaccurate.
Since they're bolt on, not sure why they didn't make them directional.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
One has to change to 3D view to see the actual blade shape, 2D is inaccurate.
Since they're bolt on, not sure why they didn't make them directional.
What do you mean? I think the shapes look more or less identical to me. The colours differ a bit, but that might be a matter of lighting and that Porsche really can't decide what colour Turbonite actually is.

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing iris (3)

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 17.21.58