naiza3k

First Name
Ke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Gen 3 Raptor, f10 m5 6mt
Country flag
Hi all. I’m having the service upgraded at my house and will run a 100A circuit to the garage.

I’m looking to install a 19.2 kWh charger and have seen a lot of opinion on the Porsche one.

Can I get some recommendations on the best one out there?

thanks.
Saw you had a m8gc, what are you thoughts comparing to the Taycan Turbo? Currently have a 23 M8 comp gran coupe as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lefty8235

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, BMW M8GC, RSQ8, RS e-tron GT
Country flag
I think it's going to come down to the eye of the beholder. If you want a ferocious V8 that is just about as fast as anything on the road then there's your answer. For me it came down to lifestyle.

In late 21 I got the RS e-tron GT. I loved it, but my son wasn't driving and I was shuttling him back and forth to baseball stuff and it wasn't a great use of that car. Was too much of a daily. I work from home so I don't have another "beater," but the electric car was something I wasn't ready for.

Next I got the RSQ8 after only a few months of the e-tron. Loved it. Satin black, murdered out. Was so strong. I ran miles up quick on it though and traded it in after a year. This is when I jumped into the M8GC. It was frozen pure gray with the red/black sakhir leather and alcantara mix. Crazy good looking car. Had wheel spacers put on, CF trim upgrades, and added the Akrapovic exhaust. Thing was crazy mean.

But... my wife hated it because of how loud it was and I didn't think it set up well as a daily. If you've got the M8 you know the ride quality is stiff and leaves a bit to be desired.

So, with deals getting better on the Taycan I jumped to a '24 TTS last month. So far I love it. Ride quality is much better, both from a handling and suspension point of view, as well as simple seat comfort. As an almost 50 year old guy, driving a missile that is comfortable is desired.

The electric power is bonkers, but so was the M8. The launch in the Turbo S definitely feels stronger and the "at speed acceleration" is definitely better with no kick down needed to find the power.

Lastly, I love the interior, but the M8 was beautiful too. I think the iDrive system (or whatever BMW calls the user interface) is much better than Porsche, but the Burmester sound system in the Porsche blows away the B&W in the BMW, although the ambient lighting in the B&W was awesome.

Overall you can't go wrong. Hope this helps.